So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (3 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Camo should stay, nor should he have to sing the national anthem.

Sheesh. The passport and establishing your career for a decade in a country isn't good enough. Some Nazi purist is going to want to chase your ass out of town as a foreigner just because your blood "isn't pure". :rolleyes2

Zeig heil! When should we start asking fans to do the goosestep to l'inno fratelli d'Italia?
Only tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair skinned, dolichocephalic, non-Jewish players should be eligible to play football and it's as simple as that !
Now, all we need is Dr.Mengele to do his job on Damiano and Cristian Zenoni, and we’ll get the perfect national team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Only tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair skinned, dolichocephalic, non-Jewish players should be eligible to play football and it's as simple as that !
Now, all we need is Dr.Mengele to do his job on Damiano and Cristian Zenoni, and we’ll get the perfect national team.
:lol:

If Burke was around, he'd :kiss: you.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #183
    :lol2:

Yeah, fuck the Zenoni brothers. Kill those weirdo Filippini brothers as well. The one looks like an Albino some sort of freak. Certainly doesn't have Italian blood.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
    Those questions don't really help your argument. That is how club teams work not NT's. They are clearly DIFFERENT. Plus with that logic you are saying that how Inter fields a primarily South American team along with ONE Italian only and at times no Italians is the best idea. Think of something better if you want to argue like that.

I'm not going to get involved with this argument because its all opinions and no one is right or wrong in this aspect. Its all opinions which no one will change their mind. So basically its useless to argue but continue arguing.

Smartest thing said so far in this thread.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #186
    Smartest thing said so far in this thread.
    But see, this is the problem. Nothing gets done if we just slide this discussion under the rug.

He also said he doesn't know the argentina one either so does that make him a man with no country.
    But the fact that he doesn't care to learn the Italian one because he considers himself an Argentinian surely doesn't look good, does it?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    There is not a chance in the world Camoranesi not to know the Argentinian national anthem.
    He lied if he said that he doesn't know that anthem.

But i believe he also knows the Italian one. It takes one day to learn it and after everything that was said about him not singing the Italian anthem, he surely learned it by now.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    There is not a chance in the world Camoranesi not to know the Argentinian national anthem.
    He lied if he said that he doesn't know that anthem.

But i believe he also knows the Italian one. It takes one day to learn it and after everything that was said about him not singing the Italian anthem, he surely learned it by now.
    He was already mouthing a lot of it at the World Cup

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm also quite positive that Camo knows the voluminous words to "Blue" by Eiffel 65...
    Dunno about Camo but i'm sure Amauri will sing that song when he'll become a blue (azzuro) this June at the EURO.
    I'm blue, da ba dee, da ba die, you haters da ba dieeee

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Good and swell. You have yourselves to blame for looking hypocritical.
    Oh my god I just said I didn't want Camoranesi on the damn team ok!!!! Can you read?

Again, you're trying to use the foolish blood argument and heritage argument as what constitutes someone's nation. Gentile did not have Italian citizenship at birth because he was born in Libya. Therefore, your nationality at birth argument is void.

I would absolutely take him on our national team if he's good. Afterall, we are a nation of immigrants, so if I don't include him in the national team I must speak out against all the other people who have came here for various reasons, including Freddy Adu. He is a US citizen now and can play for the national team.

This is the only solution. If not, then football will always be a world of hypocrisy and you'll still have players playing for the wrong teams anyway.

And national teams don't pay wages, so people should stop comparing my solution to club football.

Of course they would. But they won't admit it because many Azzurri fans are utter hypocrites.

No it's not another version of club football. NT's don't pay bloody wages. And you should be supporting the US anyway.
    National sides should be a representation of that country otherwise it means nothing! If you can just pick any player than it is like club teams! I do support the U.S. I rooted for them when they played the Azzurri! I just don't talk about them as much on this forum. And talking about hypocrites, all you do is rip on America on this forum and talk about how much my country sucks. So don't tell me to support America! I stand up for my country every chance I get!!

If you have Camo on your team, you can't say no to Amauri. You just can't. It's basically the same situation, and don't give me the pizza sauce argument again because there is no such thing as Italian blood.
    OH MY GOD ARE YOU RETARTED! I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME FOR YOU! I don't want Camo on the team!!! I don't want Amauri on the team either!!! READ MY DAMN POSTS AND STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    delpiero06
    You were already warned earlier today for calling other members "retarded'. This time i won't give you a second warning but the very next time you insult other members you're getting a 30 days vacation !

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    I'm from Ireland and in our footballing 'glory days' (early 90s) a lot of our players were from England with Irish ancestory. They all considered themselves Irish and were proud to play for their country. Some people over here hear our players' accents (English) and say "oh that's not right. All our players should be Irish". I don't agree with this, they are just as Irish as I am.

BTW, I believe Balotelli has a MUCH better claim to being "Italian" than Amauri.
    Amauri is Brazillian - simple.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    I have no problem with a player with Italian blood being added to the Azzurri.

Rossi, for example.

Stretching it so some guy who claims his great great grandmother was Italian is wrong, though.

NB: I have no problem with Camo being on the team, though. ;)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Incidentally, I root for both the USA and Italia, but if/when they meet, I root Italia. Too many juventini on the team not to. ;)

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #197
    National sides should be a representation of that country otherwise it means nothing! If you can just pick any player than it is like club teams! I do support the U.S. I rooted for them when they played the Azzurri! I just don't talk about them as much on this forum. And talking about hypocrites, all you do is rip on America on this forum and talk about how much my country sucks. So don't tell me to support America! I stand up for my country every chance I get!!
    It's my country as well. And boy, do you have some reading up to do on my country. The fact that you blindly support the actions of our government is what is partly wrong with my country.

OH MY GOD ARE YOU RETARTED! I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME FOR YOU! I don't want Camo on the team!!! I don't want Amauri on the team either!!! READ MY DAMN POSTS AND STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!
    But you've already stated that you will cheer Camoranesi on while he wears the Azzurri even in spite of the fact you admit he's not an Italian. You can't say no to Amauri when you already have a non-Italian on the Italian NT, which you will cheer on. You still don't understand how that's hypocritical?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #198
    Incidentally, I root for both the USA and Italia, but if/when they meet, I root Italia. Too many juventini on the team not to. ;)
    Name some of our good young talents, Lou. And our assistant manager. And don't google it... just be honest.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Name some of our good young talents, Lou. And our assistant manager. And don't google it... just be honest.

I haven't the slightest idea, amico mio.:D

That's my point: I root the US, because it's my country, not because of the players.

My true heart is with Italia.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #200
    :moan: :disagree:

Well Lou, how can you say you root for the US when you don't know anything about our football? This is why I will always have some resentment for United States citizens who state they support another nation and root for us when we're not playing the other nation. Just say you support the Azzurri and leave it at that, because it's the truth.

Don't give my national team pity points here. Shame that I've seen about a hundred different people do the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)