So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Are you blind or just retarted? I will put in big letters so you can read it. NOBODY WANTED HIM AT THE BEGINNING BUT SINCE CAMO IS ALREADY ON THE DAMN NATIONAL TEAM BOOING HIM ISN'T GOING TO HELP ANYBODY!!!!!
You're right, if he's chosen for the EURO you shouldn't be booing him but you should support him.
But since we still don't know the final lists for the EURO, you should start a petition asking for an Italian right midfielder to be taken to the EURO, not this Italian wannabe, called Mauro Camoranesi.

So, who would you like to play for Italy at the EURO's, our Camoranesi or Fiorentina's Semioli ?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #162
    No it's not.

Again explained this enough times to you, if you cant get it by now you must be a retard, simple as that.
    Only if you use your inane blood argument, which was already dispelled.

Label me a retard, fine, but Camoranesi having an Italian grandparent doesn't mean shit. I had German great grandparents so I could fucking play for Germany by your logic.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #164
    You're right, if he's chosen for the EURO you shouldn't be booing him but you should support him.
    But since we still don't know the final lists for the EURO, you should start a petition asking for an Italian right midfielder to be taken to the EURO, not this Italian wannabe, called Mauro Camoranesi.

So, who would you like to play for Italy at the EURO's, our Camoranesi or Fiorentina's Semioli ?
    Support him? If they don't want him on the team (as they say they do), why the hell should they support him?

If some known terrorist was selected for the US team, would people have to support him because he's on the team? Hell no!

Some Azzurri fans just reek of arrogance and I even like the Azzurri. People need to uphold a standard and that means either calling for Camo to be taken off the side or accept that Amauri is a viable candidate for the Azzurri. End of. No ticky, no laundry.

Petition indeed.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #166
    PS - I was warned for labelling people retards so I expect the same treatment towards other posters.

May 22, 2007
    start up a petition then, looks like the first name on it is already an Italian one.

the monged attitude to camo's nationality is actually getting pathetic. there is no escaping what you are, so even if he doesn't consider himself half Italian, he still is.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Ok if thats your solution..would you like it if an Mongolian who has stayed in Mongolia a large chunk of his life,Was born in Mongolia,has Mongolian parents and Mongolian ancestory,becomes a citizen of the US because he marries a US woman(correct me if im wrong,but that makes a person eligible for US citizenship,no?) or stays in the US for some years of his professional career,ending up becoming a citizen of the US..and then opts to play for the US national team instead of the Mongolian NT simply because the US NT offers him a better opportunity?

You might accept him perhaps,but there will a large chunk of people who wont accept him.

The same thing applies to Azzuri fans.Dont get me wrong,i think both Camoranesi and Amauri shouldnt be allowed to play for Italy,but the 'If a person has a country's nationalaity' solution may sound logical,but there will be millions of people who wont accept this.

You cannnot have a solution to this problem that will make all parties happy.It was always remain a very controversial issue.
    That actually happened with David Regis of PSG back in 1996. He fell in love with an American woman and American culture, gained nationality and was accepted with open arms by the NT and the country. He only played on match in the 1998 World Cup because Steve Sampson was an idiot who didn't play any of our good players.

Also Pablo Mastroeni has Argentine parents yet has US citizenship. And plays for our NT. Benny Feilhaber's parents are Brazilian like Mastroeni he too gained citizenship. Both grew up in the US but neither have true "American Blood". We really don't care about that stuff, if you will play your heart out for the US and show your love on the pitch, we have no problem whatsoever.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    But if Camoranesi can play for the Azzurri, why can't Amauri? Lets say that Mauro didn't even know his grandparents and leave it at that. Therefore, he has no connection to Italy whatsoever. And better yet, Mauro probably only wanted to play for the Azzurri because Peckerhead of Argentina wasn't going to call him up.

If Camo can suit up for the Azzurri, so can Amauri.
    disagree...Camo was going to get the call for Argentina back in early 2002, but Lippi and Trap convinced him that the Italian NT was the better choice

Amauri has no Italian roots, plain and simple

It doesn't really matter what blood you have, it's more of where your heart is. This Italian blood thing is ridiculous because we all know if David Villa or Henry had declared want to play for the Italian National Team, you all would be all about it. (theoretically of course)
    no no NO !!!

Of course they would, especially if it was Maradona demanding to play for Italy. Azzurri fans would okay his capture without a doubt. But if it's a player such as Amauri who people think isn't all that good they'll reject him while at the same time supporting Camo on the NT.
    Maradona's mother was of Italian descent...so, he could have played for Italy

again, Amauri has no Italian roots

Camo is half Italian, Amauri is full Brazilian. Thats what I see about this whole thing. Thats why there is nationalities and not monkey teams.
    thank you !!

I mentioned it before... with Andy's logic, why are Gooch and Freddy Adu allowed to play for the US NT ???? Neither was born here, and both have passports from their home countries, so why shouldnt Adu play for Ghana and Gooch play for wherever the hell he was born ??

In the olympics, you see many Americans go and play for the countries that their parents/grandparents came from, because there isnt enough room for them on the US squad

I know a guy who played as a goalie for the Italian ice hockey team in the 2006 Olympics in Turin, and like me, he was born in the Buffalo area, and his grandparents came from Italy

Is that wrong as well ?? Tell that to CONI !!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #177
    disagree...Camo was going to get the call for Argentina back in early 2002, but Lippi and Trap convinced him that the Italian NT was the better choice

Amauri has no Italian roots, plain and simple
    Still... Mauro Camoranesi was an Argentinian, not an Italian. I don't care whether or not his uncle Freddy was an Italian... who gives a shit.

Italians love to have this sort of comradery amongst themselves, saying they're Italian even if they've never set foot on Italy, don't speak the language, and only had a grandparent who was Italian. I mean, the whole purpose of nationalities is that you actually are part of the nationality, not using it as some sort of, I don't know, ridiculous way to fit in.

Like I said, four divided by two is not four. Sorry, it's not. Camoranesi is at most "half Italian," whatever that means, and not an Italian. That's just the way it is.

Maradona's mother was of Italian descent...so, he could have played for Italy

again, Amauri has no Italian roots
    Amauri doesn't really matter; don't care about him. He's just used to demonstrate the hypocrisy in this whole mess.

thank you !!

I mentioned it before... with Andy's logic, why are Gooch and Freddy Adu allowed to play for the US NT ???? Neither was born here, and both have passports from their home countries, so why shouldnt Adu play for Ghana and Gooch play for wherever the hell he was born ??

In the olympics, you see many Americans go and play for the countries that their parents/grandparents came from, because there isnt enough room for them on the US squad
    But you see, I actually uphold a standard and don't hide behind silly blood arguments. I'm open to anybody who is a citizen of this country, unlike some Azzurri fans who support Camoranesi on Italy despite him not being an Italian. That's the difference here.

Either call for Camoranesi to be taken off of the Azzurri or accept Amauri as a viable candidate for Italy.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #178
    and, for the record, I think Camo should sing the Italian national anthem
    But he doesn't consider himself a full Italian... why should be sing it?

It's unbelievable how people are trying to deny the facts here. Even fucking Camoranesi himself believes he's Argentinian.

Doesn't that piss you people off? Doesn't that negate all of your opinions when the player in question doesn't consider himself an Italian? This is like telling someone they're 14 years old when in actuality they're 16 because they know their own age.

I mean... just get over it. Camoranesi is primarily Argentinian.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    he says hes proud to be an argentine, but i think he shouldnt be allowed regardless. i mean unless your roots are there and you have a true love and feeling for the country as you are born there, then fair enough. but to put it plain and simple, he(camo) would have jumped at the chance to play for argentina, and the same i am sure is with amauri.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Camo should stay, nor should he have to sing the national anthem.

Sheesh. The passport and establishing your career for a decade in a country isn't good enough. Some Nazi purist is going to want to chase your ass out of town as a foreigner just because your blood "isn't pure". :rolleyes2

Zeig heil! When should we start asking fans to do the goosestep to l'inno fratelli d'Italia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)