Simone Zaza (14 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If Zaza wants to become a starting striker for Juventus in the future,i think he should improve his passing and linkups imo.

I rate him and in other aspects like shooting/finishing and movement/dribbling,he has the ability but his all-round abilities need to improve if he aims at becoming a top quality striker.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Zaza wants to become a starting striker for Juventus in the future,i think he should improve his passing and linkups imo.

I rate him and in other aspects like shooting/finishing and movement/dribbling,he has the ability but his all-round abilities need to improve if he aims at becoming a top quality striker.
Agree 100%. Even Mandzu has 5+ assists this year. And Morata is the epitome of a passing CF. Zaza needs to improve that and he could be a top class striker here.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont forget them fools that think the likes of Pelle, Gabbiadini or Lapadula are better than Zaza
:lol:

Those opinions are so ridiculous, best left unmentioned, lest they taint you with the oily touch of absurdity.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Agree 100%. Even Mandzu has 5+ assists this year. And Morata is the epitome of a passing CF. Zaza needs to improve that and he could be a top class striker here.
And its something that can be worked on over time too.
Couldnt make me more happier than to see an Italien CF leading our frontline.Would also mean less fuss over players leaving.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And its something that can be worked on over time too.
Couldnt make me more happier than to see an Italien CF leading our frontline.Would also mean less fuss over players leaving.
:tup:

What gives me hope that Zaza will turn into a top level CF, is the fact he has improved each and every season in Serie A thus far. I could easily see him turning into a Bayern-Mandzu level player. plus-minus 25 goals in all competitions type.

Zaza:

2013-14 (22 years old) - 2385 minutes - 9 goals - 265 minutes/goal
2014-15 (23 years old)- 2736 minutes - 12 goals - 228 minutes/goal
2015-16 (24 years old)- 943 minutes - 8 goals - 118 minutes/goal

Impressive improvement.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He needs to polish his tackles and his decition making in 50-50 balls to avoid cards. But IMO he could be very well the next biG CF after Luca Toni...who IMO was the last of that lineage of italian forwards.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
If Zaza wants to be a starting cf he has to relax a little. I love his grinta and it is something you are born with it can not be taught. But he is too much of a risk to play 90 minutes regularly. Imagine if he picked up a red in a important match. He has to find a healthy balance between grinta and reckless,

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

What gives me hope that Zaza will turn into a top level CF, is the fact he has improved each and every season in Serie A thus far. I could easily see him turning into a Bayern-Mandzu level player. plus-minus 25 goals in all competitions type.

Zaza:

Impressive improvement.
perfect player to sub in in a CL knock out game. too bad Allegri thought Mandzukic could handle Bayern with his small injury back then

OP
Salvatore
May 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4,032
    Part of the problem with his aggressiveness could be related to his limited game time, so he overexerts himself in the few minutes he gets to make an impression on Max/media. Just looking at his body language on the pitch its clear to tell he gets bothered if things aren't going his way, there's not a great deal of opportunity when you're thrown in for the last 10 minutes. Its always been part of his game to throw his weight around so he's bound to pick up yellow cards. Juventus spent money on Zaza knowing he had 20 yellow cards and 1 red card in his two seasons with Sassuolo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    perfect player to sub in in a CL knock out game. too bad Allegri thought Mandzukic could handle Bayern with his small injury back then

Yep. I have no doubt at all, in my mind that we would have progressed had Allegri sub'd Zaza on instead of Mandzu. Mandzu is the far better player, but you could see, plain as day that he wasn't fit at all, and gave us no outlet at all. Zaza has pace and aggressiveness and was fully fit, and would have made Bayern at least respect the fact we still had a counterattacking outlet on the pitch.

I understand why Allegri gambled on Mandzu, in part likely due to the possibility of extra time, but it was a mistake as Mandzu wasn't in shape at all to play that match. It was Allegri's only big mistake in 2 years of CL matches here.

I think Zaza could develop into a very good Mandzu replacement over the next 1-2 years.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Yep. I have no doubt at all, in my mind that we would have progressed had Allegri sub'd Zaza on instead of Mandzu. Mandzu is the far better player, but you could see, plain as day that he wasn't fit at all, and gave us no outlet at all. Zaza has pace and aggressiveness and was fully fit, and would have made Bayern at least respect the fact we still had a counterattacking outlet on the pitch.

I understand why Allegri gambled on Mandzu, in part likely due to the possibility of extra time, but it was a mistake as Mandzu wasn't in shape at all to play that match. It was Allegri's only big mistake in 2 years of CL matches here.

I think Zaza could develop into a very good Mandzu replacement over the next 1-2 years.
    next season will be crucial for him imo. if its true that we will go into the season with Dybala, Mandzu, Zaza, Berardi and G. Jesus he would basically start off as 3rd choice upfront until Berardi and G. Jesus settle in. that would be the time for him to prove himself and show to us if he really has it in him to play an important role here (im not sure he would ever be regular starter quality for a CL contender but im more thinking of a regular rotation option like Morata this year). he will come of his 1st major tournament with the NT and with a full year of being at a top club, so now is the time for him to make that step up. expecting him to score ~15 goals next season in all competitions, maybe even more if he plays a lot

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Part of the problem with his aggressiveness could be related to his limited game time, so he overexerts himself in the few minutes he gets to make an impression on Max/media. Just looking at his body language on the pitch its clear to tell he gets bothered if things aren't going his way, there's not a great deal of opportunity when you're thrown in for the last 10 minutes. Its always been part of his game to throw his weight around so he's bound to pick up yellow cards. Juventus spent money on Zaza knowing he had 20 yellow cards and 1 red card in his two seasons with Sassuolo.
    without a doubt.

Most fo the time he seems desperate. With a good reason.

Lets hope Allegri is able to handle him and take him to the next level if he stays.

If Zaza stays, it could very well mean that we are not looking for a Morata replacement, and instead we will gamble on Berardi/Jesus.

CF: Mandz , Zaza.
    SS: Berardi,Jesus
    Treq/SS/Free role: Dybala?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007

Zaza:

Impressive improvement.
    Massive improvement of the environment too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)