Simone Zaza (7 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Sell him for a good profit and start looking for a marchisio sub and a Dybala substitute. Loan someone as 4th striker. Perhaps its time for the great Gilardino to don the Juve jersey.
Its going to be great when we play that 5-3-2 against Bayern with a Mandzu/ Gila partnership up front. Its going to bring back memories of the Matri/ Quag partnership the last time we played against them. If we could get 27 mio for Zaza we should sell him asap. Like the idea of a substitute for Marchisio and Dybala. We dont need another CF we already have Mandzu and Morata.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Its going to be great when we play that 5-3-2 against Bayern with a Mandzu/ Gila partnership up front. Its going to bring back memories of the Matri/ Quag partnership the last time we played against them. If we could get 27 mio for Zaza we should sell him asap. Like the idea of a substitute for Marchisio and Dybala. We dont need another CF we already have Mandzu and Morata.
rakibomb9000

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
For me the best solution is loan him until june and we loan borrielo from carpi, and we give carpi cerri on loan.

So many loan words in one post. :lol:

Sell him would be dangeruous thing if morata decide go back to madrid.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We must consider the Marotta factor.
Whoever Marotta loans, will never get sold and if he gets sold, it usually happens at 25% of his value,
neither returns as a useful subber, so we better not loan him.
Marotta also sux at selling, if we sell him now, we are likely to lose 60% of our investment.

So the best options we have is:
-Keep him as a sub, so that we wont spend yet another 15-18mil for a new sub
-Try to trade him for a more appealing forward, with an Italian team, someone who has the ability we lack, meaning a prolific finisher,
ex instead 25mil to get our Berardi back, Zaza and 12mil to get our Berardi back...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We must consider the Marotta factor.
Whoever Marotta loans, will never get sold and if he gets sold, it usually happens at 25% of his value,
neither returns as a useful subber, so we better not loan him.
Marotta also sux at selling, if we sell him now, we are likely to lose 60% of our investment.

So the best options we have is:
-Keep him as a sub, so that we wont spend yet another 15-18mil for a new sub
-Try to trade him for a more appealing forward, with an Italian team, someone who has the ability we lack, meaning a prolific finisher,
ex instead 25mil to get our Berardi back, Zaza and 12mil to get our Berardi back...
:yawn:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Llorente says he would have stayed at Juve were it up to him but has talked down claims he could return to Italy in January

Former Juventus striker Fernando Llorente has claimed he was keen to extend his stay in Turin prior to joining Sevilla in August.

The Spaniard returned to La Liga after two seasons at the Juventus Stadium having been deemed surplus to requirements following Mario Mandzukic's arrival from Atletico Madrid.

Llorente had been a regular under both Antonio Conte and Massimiliano Allegri but left for Sevilla on a free transfer, having scored 27 goals in 92 appearances in Italy.

The ex-Athletic Bilbao centre-forward, who won two Serie A titles and the Coppa Italia with Juve, would apparently have been open to staying.

"I was sorry to leave Juve, in Turin I was happy," he told Tuttosport.

"If it was up to me and I felt the trust, I would have stayed. Clubs like Juve are few in the world. I do not feel inferior to Mandzukic, although we are talking about a big centre forward."

Llorente also dismissed suggestions he could return to Italy with Inter in January - having endured a mixed time with Sevilla so far.

"Right now, if I think about it, I do not really see myself in Italy with a shirt other than Juve," he added.

"But you all know how our world works, in football you can never say never."

Hmmm, so after the Tevez release, Llorente has been deemed surplus to requirements following Mario Mandzukic's acquisition...
And then why the frog did we spent 18mil on Zaza?
If Llorente was willing to accept his subber role, why spend 18mil on Zaza who isnt?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tactical choice, earns less wages, younger and has more to offer than Lloriente.
Zaza earns 1.8 million on a 4 year contract and cost us 18 mill in transfer fee. His total cost to us for 3 seasons would have been 13.5 (3/4 of his transfer fee) + 5.4 (3 year salary) = 18.9 mill.
Llorente had 3 years on his contract earning 3.5 mill. So his total cost to us had he spent the remainder of his contract is 10.5 mill.

Having Zaza instead of llorente is costing us an extra 8.4 million Euro. So money cannot be why we let llorente go for free and brought in Zaza. It would take a 5 year contract with llorente to be almost as expensive to us as Zaza.

The real question is, would llorente had accepted staying as the 3rd choice behind Mandzikic and Morata in the CF position? From the above interview it seems that he saw himself as competing with only Mandzukic as if morata's competitor is actually dybala. This seems odd.

Alternatively he may be thinking that morata is the starter and he has to compete with mandzukic for the main bench role. This makes more sense. I honestly do not know why we would cost ourselves an extra 8.5 million for a 4th striker who is not any better than what we already had.

Moreover,we already had too many player changes so there should be an incentive to keep players who do not have to go let alone ones who want to stay.

The only reason I can think of to justify marotta's decision is that Zaza is younger and so would have a resale value that perhaps Marotta judged as higher than the extra 8.5 million we are paying for having zaza (10 mill or so if you include the time value of money). In other words, perhaps marotta thought he could sell zaza for a considerable sum after 3 years or so at Juve.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Zaza earns 1.8 million on a 4 year contract and cost us 18 mill in transfer fee. His total cost to us for 3 seasons would have been 13.5 (3/4 of his transfer fee) + 5.4 (3 year salary) = 18.9 mill.
Llorente had 3 years on his contract earning 3.5 mill. So his total cost to us had he spent the remainder of his contract is 10.5 mill.

Having Zaza instead of llorente is costing us an extra 8.4 million Euro. So money cannot be why we let llorente go for free and brought in Zaza. It would take a 5 year contract with llorente to be almost as expensive to us as Zaza.
Zaza: 18m/4 yr contract = 4.5m annual amortization + 1.8m net (3.6m gross CTC) = 9.1m annual outlay

Llorente: 4.5m net (9m gross CTC) = 9m annual outlay

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004

The real question is, would llorente had accepted staying as the 3rd choice behind Mandzikic and Morata in the CF position? From the above interview it seems that he saw himself as competing with only Mandzukic as if morata's competitor is actually dybala. This seems odd.

Alternatively he may be thinking that morata is the starter and he has to compete with mandzukic for the main bench role. This makes more sense. I honestly do not know why we would cost ourselves an extra 8.5 million for a 4th striker who is not any better than what we already had.

Moreover,we already had too many player changes so there should be an incentive to keep players who do not have to go let alone ones who want to stay.

The only reason I can think of to justify marotta's decision is that Zaza is younger and so would have a resale value that perhaps Marotta judged as higher than the extra 8.5 million we are paying for having zaza (10 mill or so if you include the time value of money). In other words, perhaps marotta thought he could sell zaza for a considerable sum after 3 years or so at Juve.
And also a tactical choice as Llorente contributed little to nothing to Allegris brand of football.

Allegri seems to prefer his Strikers to work hard and press opponents while Lloernte was starting to loose his pace.

It also made sense to lower the overall age of the team (Llorente is turning 31) and Llorente couldn't offer any guarantees which Zaza even with his faults can.

Don't get me wrong I liked Llorente and was against signing Zaza because we needed reinforced elsewhere but I really do think we have upgraded from the Spaniard.

If being a classy good looking bastard is good enough reason to keep him on our books then i'd be all for it but then again he would be competing with Luca Toni for a place on our bench :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Well, Zaza is much younger, and can therefore still improve and be our long-term solution for our 4th striker spot. Plus Zaza is much bettern than the Llorente of last season, as much as I like Llorente, he really wasn't up to Juve standards the past year. Don't think he'd be a great super-sub either.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Zaza: 18m/4 yr contract = 4.5m annual amortization + 1.8m net (3.6m gross CTC) = 9.1m annual outlay

Llorente: 4.5m net (9m gross CTC) = 9m annual outlay
^^ That and Zaza is much better player than Llorente, had more impact on our game in very few minutes he got, so the money so far is definitely well spent. The Spaniard has regressed quite a bit over the last year.

Llorente last year played 2700 minutes and scored 9 goals, while Zaza so far in the season has played 370 minutes and scored 5 goals. Another benefit is his resale value since he's fairly young.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I want that cash, but I don't want Simone to leave. Also I have a funny feeling that he'll have a better career than Morata. I don't know why but I can just feel it.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Well Zaza is a go getter, he's full of fire and has the demeanor of champion. He walls with his held high and chess naturally puffed out, like Barzagli. His skills are lacking but he makes up for it with results, he grinds out the results. What did Lewandowski look like before he became who he is, he looked like Zaza, he already knew he was a champion just like Zaza.

Morata however, he has the body language of an abused child, and the confidence of a teenage girl with daddy issues. Unlike Zaza, Alvaro has all the necessary tools to become a WC player, however the faint hearted ones become like Torres or Robinho or worse.....Amauri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)