Simone Pepe (4 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I rewatched the game again, and besides those two unfortunate errors, Vidal was one of our best on the field. He set up chances, made vital tackles and also had a great shot in the first half.

Our worst players on the night were Pirlo and Marchisio.
Depends on your definition of worst and best, obviously. and our definitions are different. Vidal could have taken on 10 players in a row, over and over again, but it wouldnt change the fact for me, that one moment of mindlessness cost us the two points more clearly than pepe or marhisio's offgames. Other players were affected hugely by Marchisio, Pepe, and in my opinion Vidal's bad games. The engine was fucked, Pirlo was forced to play the role of Pirlo and Marchisio combined. Lichsteiner had a brainless oaf in front of him and had to play RB, RM, RW all as himself. Which made him look worse than he was. Same for Pirlo. Just my opinion...which is what we are all here to give I assume, rather than be the charge of the Right brigade.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I rewatched the game again, and besides those two unfortunate errors, Vidal was one of our best on the field. He set up chances, made vital tackles and also had a great shot in the first half.

Our worst players on the night were Pirlo and Marchisio.
How did you even miss Pepe in his own thread?

To me it was Pepe (nothing special from him and he costed us two goals we could've scored), then Pirlo (lots of misplaced passes), then Estigarribia (losing the ball too many times, almost none good service to other player except that cross/shot was a fluke but I'll give him credit for that, and he gave possesion once in a dangerous area which almost led to a goal).

Marchisio had one misplaced pass to Estigarribia, one intercepted pass, and miskick the ball once (rather unfortunate with that) but that's it.
He had one good shot ON TARGET, gave a FK in front of the box once, and provide some good balls to Pepe and Estigarribia which both failed to utilise properly.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Anonymous doesn't always equal bad, it is usualy average-bellow average. While pepe was abmysal going forward and nothing special defensive, and to top that he went anonymous a lot too.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Cmon Marchisio was anonymous most of the game. Pepe and Esti were average too though.
All the plaudits have come for Marchisio of late, precisely because he has not only done what is asked of him, as in IMPOSE himself on the midfield, but also, shown that in a trio of Regista, Destroyer and himself, he can be the more potently offensive. Against Roma, his no show hurt us immensely. If you are playing 433 and one of the 3 in midfield is totally absent, then yes, it fucks up the team completely. For those 3 MUST impose themselves on a game, thats their job.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Marchisio isn't the sole source of attack, he wasn't supposed to held the ball long or try to beat players most of the time, so it's normal that it feels as if he didn't do much but he actually did contribute to many; I've already pointed out in his thread that he did but the outcomes were all poor.

If anything, 3 man midfield means more teamwork and less individual show offs.

Pepe and Esti had no good cross in the match however (although whoscored.com said Pepe had one, can't remember which one though and Esti had one misfired shot or cross which turned into a goal), now that's below average and rather poor, considering they're wingers after all.

Mar 24, 2006
Simone Pepe has scooped the player of the month title for November. The Bianconeri community cast their votes on JuventusMember.com and the 28-year-old winger has come out on top.

Tomorrow will see Pepe receive the honour shortly before Juve’s home encounter with Novara. One lucky Premium Member will have the privilege of presenting the player with his prize, an initiative reserved exclusively for JuventusMembership subscribers.

The award comes following the midfielder’s strong performances in November, in which he has combined drive and desire with a killer instinct in front of goal. His header set Juventus on their way to a 3-0 success over Palermo. This was followed by two decisive strikes away from home. First, there was the winner at the Stadio Olimpico against Lazio. And then, a dramatic equaliser in Naples to keep the Bianconeri’s unbeaten run intact.
PEPE !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)