Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I love this forum.

3 months ago 99% of you (obv not including Pepedinho) were BEGGING for Marotta to sell Pepe before the season started. Its funny how a few good games can change opinion that drastically on this forum. Lets just see when Pepe's form inevitably dips (like Krasic), how many of you will jump on his back as well.
This.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pepe's not even in that great form, imo. It's just the type of player that he is is proving vital to how this team operates. In a midfield of Pepe-Marchisio-Melo-Krasic, he's just the worst player in a team full of runners, but in this team, we need his endeavour, and his lack of skill doesn't hurt us as much.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I love this forum.

3 months ago 99% of you (obv not including Pepedinho) were BEGGING for Marotta to sell Pepe before the season started. Its funny how a few good games can change opinion that drastically on this forum. Lets just see when Pepe's form inevitably dips (like Krasic), how many of you will jump on his back as well.
This :tup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bianconero_Aus again.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's only natural to feel won over when a player turns it around and starts doing better. I know he has won me over to a certain degree. For all the effort the guy puts in, it's hard not to like him when he IS performing.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Pepe's not even in that great form, imo. It's just the type of player that he is is proving vital to how this team operates. In a midfield of Pepe-Marchisio-Melo-Krasic, he's just the worst player in a team full of runners, but in this team, we need his endeavour, and his lack of skill doesn't hurt us as much.
With the amount of running Marchisio & Vidal do in the midfield and with Pirlo's amazing distribution of balls it should be necessary to have a runner in the offense. The attacking trident should be offensive, creative players. Pepe might cut it for Serie A, but in a CHL game it will be halt our goal haul.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I love this forum.

yeah, I was about to write that, but here you just said it. :tup:

Pepe is limited and should be replaced by a player who has at least some footballing skills and it should be done ASAP. Pepe should be our second or third choice for the position or used in specific situations only.

Defensive wingers are good, but they at least should know how to play football. We will see how all of you will talk about him come the end of the season. Stick to your oppinions people, or at least change them with a sound mind, not after every game.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
With the amount of running Marchisio & Vidal do in the midfield and with Pirlo's amazing distribution of balls it should be necessary to have a runner in the offense. The attacking trident should be offensive, creative players. Pepe might cut it for Serie A, but in a CHL game it will be halt our goal haul.
Or in a CL game we'd get raped by better midfields than what we've come up against. Pepe may be half a player in attack but he's an extra player in midfield. With him, we play 4-4-2.5 :stuckup:

I'm not saying Pepe, the player is great. But he's an important cog in this system right now. We can do without him in a 4-4-2, I think. We can even play 4-3-3 without him, but I think what we have going right now is fine. I wouldn't change it just to incorporate Quag. Quag can rotate with Vuci/Matri if need be. Until we see that Pepe's inclusion is not benefiting the team, leave him there.

Apr 19, 2007
Also I thinl he is a great team player and no one mentions Lich and Pepe chemistry. They link up well and run off eachother well. If you put a really high player there there would be a gap between him and defense and Lich would struggle. You dont replace one personand it only effect that position it effect everything on the field.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
So Krasic's goal and assist stats are better?

No shock.
They both scored 8 goals. Krasic leads with 6 more assists.

However, Pepe is a fighter and helps on the defensive and counters, something that Krasic lately seems 'lazy' to do.
Not to mention that Pepe cost us 7.5M which is exactly HALF the 15M we paid for Milos.

Haters should stop hating on Pepe just because he has deservedly taken the place of your favorite player or for whatever other reason.
The guy plays his heart out and puts everything he has on the pitch on every single game, he deserves credit for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)