Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/may17g.html

Pepe hopes to stay at Juve
Simone Pepe has yet to be told whether he will be signed outright by Juventus at the end of the season.

The Italian international joined the club on loan from Udinese last June with an option to take full ownership this summer.

“I have always given my best and I hope that it has been sufficient to stay,” the former Roma player noted.

Juve had to pay €2.6m for his loan a year ago and will have to hand over €7.5m to the Friuli outfit to keep him.

Pepe, like Juventus, has had a mixed campaign and concedes the team let themselves down at the Stadio Tardini on Sunday.

“We gave a bad impression at Parma and compromised our campaign – even though we were unbeaten in eight games before then,” he added.

That defeat has left Juve struggling to qualify for Europe and led to criticism from director Pavel Nedved and President Andrea Agnelli.

“If the club are talking in the way they are then it is because they are right,” continued the 2010 World Cup player.

“We have to pull up our sleeves and move forward. We have given 100 per cent, but some defeats suffocated us.

“We take full responsibility, as the Coach does. We’re saddened and disappointed with how things have gone, but not everything needs to be thrown away.”

---

but he should be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)