Simone Padoin (5 Viewers)

Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Wait, you are actually defending his performance? Its not much to single out, but in both times he has started (Right wingback in previous game and RM last night), he has simply looked so out of depth in this fairly mediocre team, I watch the games with some non Juve fans, and they instantly pick up on that and wonder why is starting (because our efficiency with possession changes most of the times he is involved... Kudos on one good shot and 1 ok one, mainly because we need shots from outside the box, but thats it basically with "compliments").

He is just a depth signing, but honestly still very questionable why we signed him, cheap, versatile goes only so far as reasons, when he clearly looks out of it. Especially in the wing roles he has been used in. Can be more ok as CM I guess. But in overall, so far, he adds extremely little to this team. Its just so obvious that it actually bewildering me someone would defend him (and bring up Pirlo and such other players as counter-arguments).
+REP. My exact same feeling.

Apr 15, 2006
@Osman: I showed the people calling him "useless" that he isn't useless, and that he actually contributed to the game. I brought up Pirlo's and others' stats just as a comparison. Because if most of the forwards have have 7-8 key passes, and he has only 1 or 2, then his contribution is minimal. Comparing his performance to others helps bring perspective to his stats and contributions.

And yes, he IS a depth signing. He IS a backup player. He was brought in to replace the departing Pazienza. I thought this was obvious! Did you also tell your non-Juve fans that Pepe and Vidal were suspended, thus forcing Conte to field them?

He's clearly not a 1st team player. he isn't hogging a place in the starting line-up in favour of better players. He isn't a world class player, so all I'm asking is to tweak your expectations based on what he IS rather what you want him to be. All I'm asking is to be reasonable in your criticism.

---------- Post added 05.03.2012 at 00:04 ----------

He didnt play CM yesterday(except for like 15 mins when Claudio was subbed and we went 4-3-3)...
Right. He played as a right winger, correct? A change made necessary due to Pepe's suspension. And the blame for that goes to Conte who fielded him there. And also to Marotta for not getting a proper RW replacement in January.

So here's a mediocre midfielder being played out of position, yet made a contribution to our play. Stop calling him useless!

---------- Post added 05.03.2012 at 00:05 ----------

I don't understand how some are defending him, he was piss poor last night.
You know who was piss poor? Marchsio and Vucinic were piss poor. Padoin was decent.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Simple question Sheik, happy with his performance? And basic statement, his natural inclination is to play on the wing, even if its more the left then the right. But thats where he started in his career then later moved to CM.

Apr 15, 2006

Simple question Sheik, happy with his performance? And basic statement, his natural inclination is to play on the wing, even if its more the left then the right. But thats where he started in his career then later moved to CM.
I'm content with his performance. But I'm not happy with the performance of Marchisio, Vucinic, Giaccherini, and most importantly, I'm not happy with the decisions Conte made.

Apr 15, 2006
Ok...then there is really nothing else to discuss. You might have just outdone Nzoric's fascination with "Borriegol" (atleast he is jesting half the time).
I'm not fascinated by Padoin. I neither a fan nor a hater. I'm just trying to make a fair assessment considering his skill and his contributions. Considering them, I don't think his performance deserves the wrath it's currently being shown by people here. There were far worse players than him last night, ones who had to bear the burden of actually creating proper chances and finishing them, and they failed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I get you on most of that, except the part you said you are CONTENT with his performance, how is that possible. Seriously, I'm not even singling him out, I dont care about his status in this team except the part he should be very last in the options of players to start, because basically how he is performing is nothing new, its exactly what I expected more or less. Average utility player being average. And I dont mean just last night. To say to others to not exaggerate in their "wrath" is one thing (though not exaggerate more then them in your defence...") but to refuse to acknowledge how out depth he truly is out there and be content with it? No, dont get it.

Simple put, so far, based on what I see out there, there is no Juve player that is worse then him at the task he is given. I'm not being unfair (even if he is the one that played the least since he is new recruit, but thats also a blessing in a way, less time to show poor performances too), just the other players add more in what they shown so far. Esti is close 2nd to him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our starters should be Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal...

Marrone should be playing and being rotated in and out...Padoin should be the last pick in the midfield. For tactical reasons sometimes Giach to play as well, but I think we really could (and should) start getting Marrone some playing time and let these 3 get some breathing time.

Apr 15, 2006
I get you on most of that, except the part you said you are CONTENT with his performance, how is that possible. Seriously, I'm not even singling him out, I dont care about his status in this team except the part he should be very last in the options of players to start, because basically how he is performing is nothing new, its exactly what I expected more or less. Average utility player being average. And I dont mean just last night. To say to others to not exaggerate in their "wrath" is one thing (though not exaggerate more then them in your defence...") but to refuse to acknowledge how out depth he truly is out there and be content with it? No, dont get it.

Simple put, so far, based on what I see out there, there is no Juve player that is worse then him at the task he is given. I'm not being unfair (even if he is the one that played the least since he is new recruit, but thats also a blessing in a way, less time to show poor performances too), just the other players add more in what they shown so far. Esti is close 2nd to him.
Content because I thought he'd do nothing noteworthy, but he ended up having a pretty good passing accuracy, 2 of our 5 shots on goal didn't make any glaring mistakes. Thus, I'm content with his performance.

How do you know what his task is? Are you Conte's assistant to know what his exact role is? Come on! This is what, his 2nd or 3rd appearance for us? You think he'd fit right into the team so early? You remember how out of depth Giaccherini was in his first few appearances? Considering his skills and talent and quality, why do you expect him to fit right in? Get fuckin' real, Osman!

And do you think Conte would've risked playing Marrone, who btw was JUST returning from injury, out of position for most of the match? Yeah. Smart move, Sherlock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)