Simone Padoin (5 Viewers)

Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011

Former Juventus coach Giancarlo Camolese believes Simone Padoin was an excellent purchase. The Old Lady snapped up the midfielder from Atalanta after failing in their attempts to sign Fiorentina’s Valon Behrami and Radja Nainggolan of Cagliari.
Camolese on Padoin with Juve:
"Conte has a player who will prove to be very useful to Juventus and it pleases me that he has reached the highest levels. Application is his great strength; he always wants to improve and he is now at one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.
Padoin is very versatile too. I used him mainly in the middle of the pitch, but he can deliver on the flank as well. He can be like Antonio Nocerino at Milan – in other words, he’s a player who can still take a big step up in quality."

http://juventiknows.com/sttbs-cronaca-juve-%E2%80%93-thursday-february-09-2012/

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Padoin: Conte quieter now

Simone Padoin believes that Antonio Conte is a quieter and more flexible Coach at Juventus, in comparison to his days in charge at Atalanta.

Padoin, a January transfer deadline day signing from the Orobici, worked with Conte the for the first half of the 2009-10 season at the Bergamo club, before 42-year-old Coach resigned with the club struggling in a relegation battle.

Now in his squad at an unbeaten Juventus, Padoin reflects that he has seen a lot of changes in his Coach in those two years since.

“He seems quieter now as compared to the time spent in Bergamo, especially in the training sessions,” began the midfielder on Juventus Channel.

“I think he has deeply changed from the tactical point of view, because before he was always loyal to his 4-2-4 system, and now he’s shown to be able to change it according to the rivals, and I believe this can be appreciated.

“However, he’s still a 'hammer’, he hasn’t changed from this point of view. I think that Juventus needed this kind of Coach, also beloved by the public.

“When fans see a man like him leading their side, who gave his all for this shirt, it is an added boost.”

Padoin also reflected on the differences he is experiencing between life at Atalanta and at Juve.

“It is a complete change as far as my life is concerned, but in connection to my mentality I think that I won’t have such difficulties considering that playing to win is the greatest thing.

“I’ve noticed the difference when we’ve prepared ourselves for the game against Milan - with my former side, we’d have focused ourselves on the defensive movements, while here at Juve we always try to impose our way of playing.”

Speaking to the club’s official television channel, the 27-year-old relived the day he found out he was moving to the Turin side.

“I had just finished the training in Bergamo. It was Monday, and on Wednesday we’d have had a game.

“I went home and I found my agent who asked me if I’d have liked to join Juventus. I thought he was joking…

“Since then, I’ve had no other thought. I was rushed because everything happened in a couple of hours and I went to Milan in order to sign the contract…”

Padoin made his debut in the midweek Coppa Italia semi-final first leg win over Milan at San Siro.

“I was very excited, I’ve been so lucky, and I’m not able to imagine a better debut with this shirt.

“It doesn’t seem real - just one week ago I was at Atalanta. When I was a child, I had ambitions to achieve, but I never had these expectations.

“I wasn’t thinking of signing with Juventus, also because I recently renewed with Atalanta, and when you’re 27, receiving this kind of important opportunity isn’t common.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)