Simone Padoin (3 Viewers)

Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Good luck indeed.

And it really is a head scratcher. This buy just doesn't make sense and IMO 5m down the drain that we could have used to bring in the right players for depth this summer.
I thought people would have learned by now, guess not.
It's not particularly easy to see the logic in this move - clearly he's a Conte favorite, and I guess that's enough for me right now. At least the club can't lose too much money on this transaction.

I can't speak to the man's quality - I haven't really seen him play (I know I have, multiple times I'm sure, but don't remember the guy), and I can see some of the attributes that Conte appreciates in that video (some grinta, decent technique, decent pace), but where is he going to be fielded? That vid has him primarily in attacking positions down the left, and we're quite well covered in those roles (Could always use more quality, but for quantity were certainly covered).

Has anyone seen him play in a 3 man midfield? Are we going to occasionally use him as a LWB? I wouldn't think we're going to use that 3-5-2 formation a ton, and DC could occasionally operate there for free.

I don't understand this, and I don't like the fact that we paid 5M in a last minute buy (after our other target(s)) fell through... and then the 5 year contract on top of that. We're only in 2 comps right now, the club is quite healthy, some of the young CMs should play, Giac can fill in there too... I just don't get it. If we're going to field this guy out of position as a CM, why not use an existing option as an emergency stop gap?

Why not save the money, and get a more significant, defined upgrade in June?

Hopefully Conte's on the mark here!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Is it club policy to give players under 25 years 5 year contracts? Even Motta got 5 years if I am not wrong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)