J
Dec 17, 2007
i signed satacroce and sakho

but piatti and thiago i only got up to giving em a contract

piatti said he just signed for roma so no and thiago said he is too young

Jul 15, 2006
My Derby Save... 'Save Us Mr.Goat'
Season I
At first I took the Derby job, and had promised the board that I would avoid relegation in the first season. After the first 6 games, we hadn't won and lost by score-lines such as: 3-4,2-3, basically very unlucky. Then Liverpool came along I thought here we go again loss surely. Somehow, my most expensive signing Markus Rosenberg (Who cost me 3.5m) bags a hattrick against Liverpool after not scoring for 6games, and Boneventure Kalou, a free transfer, scores one. The final score was Derby 4-1 Liverpool, after this result the results gradually got better, while my team won matches against teams pushing for Europe such as: West Ham, Portsmouth, etc. My Belgian defenders were gelling well, with loanee Fabinanski producing some great saves. After the winter, Kalou had to leave for the African Cup of Nations and there was no creativity in the team, which lead to another slump similarly to the start of the season. Ironically enough we managed to beat Liverpool @ Anfield again which sparked a strong ending to the season. I had got the two best signings...
The season ended and this was the report:

Rosenberg had a great season:

Season II

Towards the end of the 2007/2008, Derby scouts were all over the globe searching for new talents which would do the job for Derby the next year. I was very busy in the mercato, adding my different kinds of players to my team... Changes were made on the attacking front as the defense was doing well last year, and had jelled.

Players In:
Joe Mattock: He had been having a very good season at left-back with Leicester, was also an England U19 International so I decided to sign him before anyone else found out about him.

Sunny Sunday: aka --> Momo Sissoko v2, Sunny was mainly brought in to destroy everything in the midfield, Robbie Savage's contract was not going to be extended, and another Defensive Mid was needed. My chief scout reported that Sunny had the ability to be twice the player Savage was.

Andres D'Alessandro: Claimed by some Derby fans to be the best piece of business in the summer done my me. Andres added lots of flair and creativity, with amazing through-balls, he is reportedly earning 35k a week. Other Derby fans however were a bit skeptical and think he could disrupt the harmony at Derby, but the manager is clearly ready to risk it as, Andres has already had experience in the Premiership with Portsmouth.

Martin Fenin: A reccomendation from one of my main scouts (Alen) and had reportedly scored 5 in 5 for Frankfurt at the end of the season, since the departure of Kenny Miller, he will add depth to front-line with his finishing skills.

Lubos Kalouda: The second Czech player to join Derby, I had initially tried to bring Lubos to us in January but the money power of Basel over-came us. Since the massive revenue brought in after achieving 10th place last year, has allowed us to bring Lubos to Derby's right side of midfield, he is known for his long-range shooting.

The formation I'm using at the moment:

First couple of results this season:
Derby 4-0 Sheffield Wed -->
Great first match of the season for us, absolutely battered them in the first half, while Emanuel Villa taking some of Rosenberg's limelight it was a good team performance, and a preview of D'Alessandro's ability was shown after he got three assists.

Derby 2-1 Portsmouth -->
A crazy match, Portsmouth had took the lead and were cruising then all of the sudden a moment of magic by D'Alessandro smashing the ball from the outside of the box, hitting the inside of the post, on the way, James had no chance. The offical announces 4 minutes of stoppage time. 1,2,3 minutes had missed and a draw looked more or less certain, Jelle Van Damme crosses the ball from a bit ahead of the half-way line, a cross with perfect height and weight, It goes right to Rosenberg's head, who's header defects of Distin into the net! :D

Derby 1-2 Sunderland
A boring match until half-time, Jones had a few headers over the bar, while Rosenberg warmed the keepers gloves a couple of time, I was thinking about what to say to the players at half-time, all the sudden, D'Alessandro puts a through ball splitting the Sunderland defense easily all Emanuel Villa had to do was beat the keeper, which he did do. Suddenly Van Damme concedes a freekick near the corner flag. Sunderland took a quick freekick and Barnetta beat Vermaelen to the header, 1-1. I tried to inspire the team at half-time, by showing encouragement. Rosenberg looked fired up after the break, and hit the post twice. It then became the 86th minute and I put everyone up. Villa's header went directly into the keepers hands, who then send a long ball to Amanatidis who finished passed Fabianski.

I then told the reporter in the post match interview: "We were desperately unlucky today, and deserved at least a point''

--
First time I did this, comments would be appreciated... Cheers.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
why is it that i get goals scored against me so easily? i am in the first season, and its the start of the season. it gets really annoying coz i may be 2-0 up and then draw or even lose the game. even against shit oppositon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)