Show us your desktops! (15 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh everything can be done. But the quickest way to get what you want is to hack it yourself and convince the project leader it's a good idea to put it in :/ :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I hate the XP theme :yuck:

If I had to work on an XP theme, I usually go to properties of my computer, then go to the advanced tab then adjust it to "best performance".

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hate the XP theme :yuck:

If I had to work on an XP theme, I usually go to properties of my computer, then go to the advanced tab then adjust it to "best performance".
Well after seeing the green side of the field, it is obvious the dry side will be hated ;)

You didn't tell me anything about my desktop, or anything less than Beryl is not enough for you? :p

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Well after seeing the green side of the field, it is obvious the dry side will be hated ;)

You didn't tell me anything about my desktop, or anything less than Beryl is not enough for you? :p
You mean Kubuntu? Well I decided to postpone the upgrade for two reasons:

1-My DSL 1 MB/sec seems very unstable, I don't know whats wrong, I am guessing the phone line cannot manage such a "high" transfer rate. It was never this way with my 512, so I'll weather this month and downgrade to 512.

2-The PC lately has been making some noises, I don't know why, I guess I'll have to crack it open and see what's the problem. I might need some new ventilation system.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You mean Kubuntu? Well I decided to postpone the upgrade for two reasons:

1-My DSL 1 MB/sec seems very unstable, I don't know whats wrong, I am guessing the phone line cannot manage such a "high" transfer rate. It was never this way with my 512, so I'll weather this month and downgrade to 512.

2-The PC lately has been making some noises, I don't know why, I guess I'll have to crack it open and see what's the problem. I might need some new ventilation system.
I don't really know why you gave me all this information but it's ok :D

The green side of the field is Linux, the dry one is Windows. That's why you would hate XP theme.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I don't really know why you gave me all this information but it's ok :D

The green side of the field is Linux, the dry one is Windows. That's why you would hate XP theme.
Lol because I falsely believed you were asking me how is Kubuntu Feisty on my "Desktop" ;)

Actually it's kinda cool, besides Beryl doesn't really show on screenshots, besides the cube. Which gets boring after a while.

I was going for an all white desktop, but I found the orange and blue one on gnome-look.org and liked it. So it changed to Orange and blue ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I installed Ubuntu and it sucked ass. Man.. NOTHING worked. It's like an empty OS.
Didn't even get the internet to work. So I installed Good ol' Win XP Professional. Really good OS, working right from the start.
Ubuntu don't have any drivers or shit, i reckon you hafta make them urself or something?

EDIT: I bet Linux is awesome for ppl who understands it and know programming etc. but for a Windows-victim like me, it didn't work at all.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Lol because I falsely believed you were asking me how is Kubuntu Feisty on my "Desktop" ;)

Actually it's kinda cool
, besides Beryl doesn't really show on screenshots, besides the cube. Which gets boring after a while.

I was going for an all white desktop, but I found the orange and blue one on gnome-look.org and liked it. So it changed to Orange and blue ;)
Rami, I posted my desktop a page ago and all I wanted is your opinion :D
The bold part referred to your desktop ;)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I installed Ubuntu and it sucked ass. Man.. NOTHING worked. It's like an empty OS.
Didn't even get the internet to work. So I installed Good ol' Win XP Professional. Really good OS, working right from the start.
Ubuntu don't have any drivers or shit, i reckon you hafta make them urself or something?

EDIT: I bet Linux is awesome for ppl who understands it and know programming etc. but for a Windows-victim like me, it didn't work at all.
Well its just your luck, I had my fair share of configuring on some systems, and others just worked! It all depends on your hardware, but everything has a workaround. If it just the Internet, I am sure that there is a pretty solid solution for that problem. And no I am not a programmer, neither is Jack, and many others. It just needs some patience, once you get through the bottleneck, you will never look back.

What version of Ubuntu did you use? and besides it doesn't have to be Ubuntu. Linux is about choice perhaps Ubuntu didn't work for you, another distro will probably will. I would suggest Suse, its very good when it comes to hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)