Should Zambrotta be fined/suspended for admitting to diving? (1 Viewer)

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

what if juve wins scudetto by 1 point. just because of this penalty? you think roma or milan representatives will say: "oh well, though luck. zambrotta was fine so we can't complain. better luck to us next year."
he deserves to be fined. i offer 2 match ban istead of 3 just because he admitted.

but yes, he won't be banned.

wen do they actually not say anythin ?

glenn, u got a pt there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fliakis - These favours and mistakes at the end of the season equal each other. Remember we had a penalty in our favour against Roma which was not given to us, and in that case it would have been more important than this, since we would have 3 more points than Roma!

Up till now we had 2 penalties against us and 2 in our favour. Other than that there really wasn't too many favours or mistakes.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Glenn has a very good point, yes, but players who dive should be banned. The FIGC should watch tapes and suspend the players who dive. This would make Totti and co think twice before belly-flopping.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Fliakis - These favours and mistakes at the end of the season equal each other. Remember we had a penalty in our favour against Roma which was not given to us, and in that case it would have been more important than this, since we would have 3 more points than Roma!

Up till now we had 2 penalties against us and 2 in our favour. Other than that there really wasn't too many favours or mistakes.

no, i dont remember that penalty so thats why im pissed :)

but im just suick of "juve owns serie a and referees" talks. and events like today wont help them disappear

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Thing is that if a favour happens for Juve, it's considered an outrage, but if it happens against Juve then it's forgotten. Till now we had one in favour and one against (though the penalty against Chievo and the one we suffered today are quite dubious as well).

Sep 28, 2002
Thing is that if a favour happens for Juve, it's considered an outrage, but if it happens against Juve then it's forgotten. Till now we had one in favour and one against (though the penalty against Chievo and the one we suffered today are quite dubious as well).
what was the favour against us? i dont see macthes so....

and penalties may be disputable but they are not as important as the one today. besides, zambrotta completelly dived, where as signori had some contact with legrottaglie

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The 'faacour' against us was when we did not receive the penalty against Roma when the score was 2-1, but anyway that's past now.

It was actually Nervo not Signori ;) And th eplayer clearly put his foot on Legro's so he could 'trip'. I don't see much difference between that and Zambrotta's. Nervo tried to find the leg and he suceeded; Zambrotta tried to do the same, but did not find any leg so it looked worse.

Sep 28, 2002
The 'faacour' against us was when we did not receive the penalty against Roma when the score was 2-1, but anyway that's past now.

It was actually Nervo not Signori ;) And th eplayer clearly put his foot on Legro's so he could 'trip'. I don't see much difference between that and Zambrotta's. Nervo tried to find the leg and he suceeded; Zambrotta tried to do the same, but did not find any leg so it looked worse.
nervo, signori what's the difference :groan: ;)

well, ok, you changed my mind. i will celebrate lo scudetto. :)
but no one argued much about sig... nervo's penalty :D and everyone admited that zambo dived. that sucks. that's all i'm trying to say.

i'm gonna change my sig no :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Diving is one of the worst things of soccer :groan:
But I have to say that is the antisporty thing he was sporty to admits he dived... how many players do it? Nearly no ne... thay deny even when they are vs the evidence...
So the fact that he admitted diving makes him less guilty? :dazed:
So he would be like thief, who had stolen, then came and said: ok I admitted I had stolen sth, now let me go free.

So he should be suspended, but as you said, it's not going happen, to fined at least.

btw about sporty: sporty would be, if he admitted it during the match, not after.

Zizou: admitting during the match would be taking a responsibility, not after. Besides: he lied during the match, such diving is the most important during the match, not after.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

So he would be like thief, who had stolen, then came and said: ok I admitted I had stolen sth, now let me go free.

So he should be suspended, but as you said, it's not going happen, to fined at least.

btw about sporty: sporty would be, if he admitted it during the match, not after.

Zizou: admitting during the match would be taking a responsibility, not after. Besides: he lied during the match, such diving is the most important during the match, not after.
i have to disagree with you here. it's the same as in criminal law. if defendant admits he's guilty he'll receive a smaller punishment. so zambrotta should get a smaller ban as well. and that i wouldn't be muisqouted again i will say that viseo eviodence should be used against those who dive

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

No, but Zambro's not asking for anyone to ignore it or acquit him of anything, he made a simple statement: "I dived", without knowing what kind of consequences there would be. In the legal system (here at least) if a criminal shows remorse for what they've done and behaves well in prison, they let him out earlier on "good behaviour".

The key point is, Zambro never asked for any reward for his honesty. If he was only thinking of his own good, then he wouldn't have said anything, but it seems that his integrity is worth more to him than a penalty, and I thoroughyl respect him for that.

We've had a good ole discussion over at the Ancona thread, and many good points have been brought up, the best of them being that the players who dive and don't admit to it have no punishment whatsoever, so why should a player who does admit to it have a greater punishment?

If the players who dived and said nothing about it received 3 match bans, perhaps Zambro should receive a 2 match ban. But the point is, these players don't get any punishment.

I'll repeat the smartass comment I made in the other thread:

++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Yes, thats what I ment. If they punish players that dive, Zambi should get a lesser punsihment. If they dont punish the guys that dive, they shouldnt punish Zambi :undecide:
Maybe they should take it a step further and pay him :p :greedy:

++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
I won’t comment on either of the two penalties, but I will say that Juventus have no divers.

:rolleyes:
Having players who dive once in 30 games like Zambro is different from clubs like Roma where their captain should consider the pearl industry as a career choice :rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Having players who dive once in 30 games like Zambro is different from clubs like Roma where their captain should consider the pearl industry as a career choice :rolleyes:
well. we have our own superhero in that area. possible balon d'ore winner :rolleyes:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
U can't possibly say that Pavel's as much of a diver/cheater as Totti!! :eek: Pavel plays an honest game, but his style of play tends to get him fouled a lot...let's just call it.... embellishing :p Whereas Totti cheats and complains over the stupidest things. I remember in the Sth Korea match, when one of the K defenders pushed him in the chest, he checked where the referee was looking and after 3 seconds, grabbed his face in pain :LOL:

Nedved just makes the most of his opportunities :p:strong:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
U can't possibly say that Pavel's as much of a diver/cheater as Totti!! :eek: Pavel plays an honest game, but his style of play tends to get him fouled a lot...let's just call it.... embellishing :p Whereas Totti cheats and complains over the stupidest things. I remember in the Sth Korea match, when one of the K defenders pushed him in the chest, he checked where the referee was looking and after 3 seconds, grabbed his face in pain :LOL:

Nedved just makes the most of his opportunities :p:strong:
but that doesn't make him a fair play standart. he could make less of those moments

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

i have to disagree with you here. it's the same as in criminal law. if defendant admits he's guilty he'll receive a smaller punishment. so zambrotta should get a smaller ban as well. and that i wouldn't be muisqouted again i will say that viseo eviodence should be used against those who dive
BUT... speaking about criminal law... ;)
To get lower punishment, they thief must do two things together: to admit AND to repair a damage to property.
So my point is, that even if he admitted that, such admitting is pointless now (looking from point of view the other team and the match result: it cant be changed after the match) cause he is not able to repair that. It was whilst the match was playing, and he admitted that after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)