Should Aquilani be bought in the summer? (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe I could. It might trigger a somewhat interesting discussion.

Then again, chances are that it will end up in my (or other people's) judgements being called ridiculous, wrong or making no sense whatsoever. And that's probably not a good thing.
Might as well never post anything on Juventuz then.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Statistics are like mini-skirts: they give you good ideas but hide the most important parts - Ebbe Skovdahl
True, but it's still output. Doing things well statistically is what wins games and championships. I wasn't summarising, but I'd like to see the stats for the categories Haroon suggested.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Aquilani and Pepe should be shipped back to where they came from. Both have been inconsistent and underperformed; for the kind of money we would be shelling on the both of them, we could get someone of substantially better quality.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Aquilani has did well and will do better in the future imo when he gets used to the team more and once we get more quality players around him. I think we could lower the price a bit which would be reasonable.

Pepe on the other hand should be shipped back to where the hell he was brought from. He hasn't proven shit and was mostly limited during the year. We need quality players not ppl like Pepe who run around like headless chickens.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Aquilani had his best days early in Roma where there were a lot of runners around him. Our team here has one, which is Krasic, maybe Quag/Matri could be second to a lesser extent. That is why he hasn't provided much assists. Also his role in a straight 4-4-2 restricts his attacking game to a passing/control game. Which imo has done fairly well considering the knuckleheads around him.

10m would be fair for him. We would get a classy player, who is used to the club and the players. Much better than getting someone in the same price range who needs 6 months to adapt imo.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Midfielder Alberto Aquilani believes that the English Premier League is the best domestic league in the world and is open to a return to Liverpool when his loan period with Juventus ends at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old joined the English giants in the summer of 2009 from Roma but after a disappointing time at Anfield came back to Italy, this time to play for Juventus on loan for the 2010-11 campaign.

Aquilani has improved in Turin and regained his fitness levels, but his future beyond the summer remains unclear. Juventus are having yet another disappointing campaign and are likely to make changes at the end of the season, meaning that a number of players’ tenure at the club is uncertain.

The Old Lady will also have to pay Liverpool €16 million to make Aquilani’s deal permanent and there has been no concrete indication from the Italian giants that they will do so.

Aquilani, though, is not bent on staying in Italy and is open to a return to Liverpool to play “in the best league in the world.”

"The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen,” the Italy international told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

Aquilani is also coy about going back to his old club Roma and reveals that he is following the ownership changes at the Lupi.

"It is a delicate question,” said the midfielder. “I would do, but I think it will be difficult. As a fan I'm curious to see what happens, especially if they begin to buy players and to revolutionise the team."

Aquilani’s agent Franco Zavaglia is also keeping all options open and has reiterated that the ball is in Juventus’ court.

“I have been saying the same thing for months and it is the only truth, regardless of what the newspapers say,” he told Tuttomercatoweb. “Last year, when the transfer was set out and Juve were happy to accept this deal, there were commitments made with written clauses.

“If the Bianconeri respect these agreements, then fine, otherwise he will have to return to Liverpool. It is up to the Juventus directors to decide.”

Aquilani has been a regular for Juventus this season and has made 26 appearances in Serie A, scoring twice and providing three assists.

Goal.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So he basically says his heart id with Roma and that he would rather enjoy playing in EPL.
So that means he consider us a compromise, just a means to reach in the NT probably. Such players are not committed and choke hard when things go wrong.
We are full of mercenaries but we lack committed men, players who would drive the team one. Aqui is a great tool, but prolly too pricey for our current needs and priorities.
I expected him to be even less consistent and reliable than he was and i woudnt mind to keep him, but it seems that we can only use him as a squad player, but we have to pay him as a starter (still not a bad price for his value though, better than paying that on Tiagos and MArtinez)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)