Sevilla: Puerta had heart attack (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
R.I.P

Puerta,

too young, too talented. I feel sorry for what I wrote. It seemed from report his condition was stable. I cannot imagine what his family is going through, especially wife. So tragic for the child as well. I hope Sevilla looks after the family, and give the child best support as they can.

As for the match against Milan, it must continue so they can honor Puerta worldwide. In that way, I reckon they would get more exposure for Puerta and increase the awareness of the importance of health of professional players, hopefully reducing number of games they play a year with all those meaningless pre-season games, cups, international games etc. Even better, I really hope they get regulation through which FORCES teams to regularly check general health of players; seeing Foe and Puerta too much negligence is happening as to the welfare of players and too much emphasis on "fan service". I had enough players dying on the field. It should not happen.

@ fred,

I have to apologize for the comment I made yesterday. My point still holds, but I think I was rather rude. Best of wishes to your family.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
it's hardly the time and place for such petty remarks, don't you think?
oh sorry to bring this to you, in your saddest day.. ffs is this the drama season?

Was that really the first and most important thing that mattered to you in my previous post, so that you had to even edit yours to mention Puerta's passing more as an afterthought, than anything else?
yeah It's kinda annoying to see all the noisy Milan fans around, If you want to stay, stay it and discuss in peace, we already have enough parasites around.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
thank you for your honest feelings jun....and no need for any apology..theres nothing wrong with a healthy argument...infact i always enjoy debating with you as you are on of the better posters around

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
thank you for your honest feelings jun....and no need for any apology..theres nothing wrong with a healthy argument...infact i always enjoy debating with you as you are on of the better posters around
Thanks. You are very kind. I was defintely rude to you last post (anything involving those Liverpool will make me heated), and you responded very well. To be honest, I enjoy debating with you. You got your own standard, and sticks up to them, which I may agree or disagree, but that deserves respect.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
my deepest condolences man, I know what that means, I lived that few months back when my grandfather died at my birthday. May she rests in peace..
thank you snoop...and am sorry for your grandfather too..even if it is a bit late.

May 22, 2007
RIP freds grandmother. I hate people dying. I have also just read that at the Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest match a player collapsed at half time. What the hell is happening?!?

OP
Marceℓℓo

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
  • Thread Starter #72
    RIP freds grandmother. I hate people dying. I have also just read that at the Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest match a player collapsed at half time. What the hell is happening?!?
    :wth:?!

I can't believe it,I have just watched the video of Feher again,it was so sad,Tiago was like crying.

May 22, 2007
    Leicester Chief Executive Tim Davies has said that Clarke is having treatment in the Emergency Room of the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, and is 'seriously ill'.
    there you go Gigolo. queens is a good hospital so fingers crossed and touch wood.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    wow, this is so sad. I didn't even think it could end that way after he walked off the field like everything was fine. Is there any way we can contact sevilla or the puerta family to offer our condolences?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I dont know about others, but its about time we make sure another Puerta case doesnt happen. Do we need a player like Kaka to die in order to catch the attention of the world? Isnt Puerta enough? FIFA and local government should enforce very strict regular medical check-ups for every player, and ensure all players health are safe. If they are found with some irregularities, they should get a medical treatment like Kanu, and if they can't still be cured, they should be paid healthy insurance sums from PFA. Players association all around the leagues sounds like bunch of f**ckers who contribute nothing, and still make a career out of players and clubs money. They are the ones who should actively look after players health through strict drug policy and health issues.

I sincerely want the Super Cup to be as a game whereby we dont get anymore Puerta cases. Its not getting enough coverage for my liking. Yes, world atheletic games are on, but come on! Player just died.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I dont know about others, but its about time we make sure another Puerta case doesnt happen. Do we need a player like Kaka to die in order to catch the attention of the world? Isnt Puerta enough? FIFA and local government should enforce very strict regular medical check-ups for every player, and ensure all players health are safe. If they are found with some irregularities, they should get a medical treatment like Kanu, and if they can't still be cured, they should be paid healthy insurance sums from PFA. Players association all around the leagues sounds like bunch of f**ckers who contribute nothing, and still make a career out of players and clubs money. They are the ones who should actively look after players health through strict drug policy and health issues.

I sincerely want the Super Cup to be as a game whereby we dont get anymore Puerta cases. Its not getting enough coverage for my liking. Yes, world atheletic games are on, but come on! Player just died.
    Given that another player collapsed tonight in England, it will be getting increasingly hard to ignore.

You would have thought that the clubs would be conducting pretty thorough medical tests on their players, even though it isn't mandatory.

I would be in favour of a standard health check that every player must go through to be eligible to play in a season, the check to be done through the summer.

Cost would obviously be a major problem.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Given that another player collapsed tonight in England, it will be getting increasingly hard to ignore.

You would have thought that the clubs would be conducting pretty thorough medical tests on their players, even though it isn't mandatory.

I would be in favour of a standard health check that every player must go through to be eligible to play in a season, the check to be done through the summer.

Cost would obviously be a major problem.
    I agree. But you know given the amount of money each players take home, I think good way arrange this is to conduct separate test run by different organization like Players Association, which can be funded by pooling players wages. I guess government can enforce such payment to Players assocation, by making payment mandatory via social package.

I mean players like Lampard will waste quite a sums of money on Nightclub, drinks, and girls anyway. It wouldnt hurt him one bit at all if he has to contribute certain amount to ensure his health is all right. Of course, players association needs to get their act together and do something useful for a change. Like actively encouraging its members to tip-off any cases of use of drug enhancing products.

But you are right, standard check-up involving heart, cancer, and genetic deases, which people rarely do, because these conditions are rare in population, can only be beneficial for the game, fans, and most importantly players.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I agree. But you know given the amount of money each players take home, I think good way arrange this is to conduct separate test run by different organization like Players Association, which can be funded by pooling players wages. I guess government can enforce such payment to Players assocation, by making payment mandatory via social package.

I mean players like Lampard will waste quite a sums of money on Nightclub, drinks, and girls anyway. It wouldnt hurt him one bit at all if he has to contribute certain amount to ensure his health is all right. Of course, players association needs to get their act together and do something useful for a change. Like actively encouraging its members to tip-off any cases of use of drug enhancing products.

But you are right, standard check-up involving heart, cancer, and genetic deases, which people rarely do, because these conditions are rare in population, can only be beneficial for the game, fans, and most importantly players.
    I agree with all that, except one thing. Money spent on drink and girls isn't wasted.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)