Seven against the world (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

What's to say? We ****ed up, took responsibility as a people, held marches to remember the victims, remember the whole thing every year again. Government fell back then, country was in chaos...

I won't deny any of it; if you want to talk about it to me, go ahead. Zlatan did on several occasions. I said it to him and I'll say it to you too: We, the Dutch, as a nation, horribly failed in the worst way imaginable on this earth.
Actually, I have nothing to say to you about it. It's not like Erik is at fault for that tragedy and it's not like Padovano was there to stop it. I just wanted to remind some Belgians that when they draft in certain support in their war on America that they should draft a nation with clean hands (as if any nation has clean hands).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

The Juventus-Real match of 1998 was the first European club match I ever saw...it has just stuck since then. At World Cup 94 I also liked the Azzurri and Roberto Baggio, along with the US, so it fell into place rather nicely.

Thank God I didn't like the winners Real, though. ;)

I remember (and, no, it's not all that long ago :mad: :D) when all we got was WC. It was on free TV, though. Of course, cable hadn't been invented yet. :embarass:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Actually, I have nothing to say to you about it. It's not like Erik is at fault for that
But I was. We all were. Maybe this is a strictly Dutch way of thinking but we, the people, voted our government in place. We, the people, are at fault. It was we, the Dutch people, who killed the people of Srebrenica. It was our responsibility and nobody elses.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jeeks, your pic isn't loading. What is it, a giant sausage being cramed into a little hole?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now.
Would you like to see a giant sausage cramed into a little hole?

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #88

But I was. We all were. Maybe this is a strictly Dutch way of thinking but we, the people, voted our government in place. We, the people, are at fault. It was we, the Dutch people, who killed the people of Srebrenica. It was our responsibility and nobody elses.
    I think it's pretty clear that's not the American way of thinking.

@Pado: This wasn't a war situation, so using the Dutch as an example was pretty fair. I don't intend on going on and on about this though. If the first post in this thread didn't answer enough questions, I don't care anymore.

@Jeeks: Got to love how you're a total schizo.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002

You voted with a good conscience, confident that your chosen leaders would act in the best possible way. On election day, you could not have foreseen that your leaders would fail so miserably on such an important occassion. You should feel betrayed if anything. And let us not forget the Dutch who voted for the defeated opposition. They feel your same sorrow and probably resist going around with the "I told you so" attitude because they know it accomplishes nothing.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++
    Pado who is that in ur avatar??
    He is Avo Uvezian. 79 year old Armenian, raised in Beirut and later Tehran. Moved to New York as a young man. Accomplished musician, graduate of the Julliard School. Creator of the Avo cigars, which are a personal favorite of mine, and is seen in my avatar admiring his tobacco in the Dominican Republic.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You voted with a good conscience, confident that you chosen leaders would act in the best possible way. On election day, you could not have foreseen that your leaders would fail so miserably on such an important occassion. You should feel betrayed if anything. And let us not forget the Dutch who voted for the defeated opposition. They feel your same sorrow and probably resist going around with the "I told you so" attitude because they know it accomplishes nothing.
    I think we just struck a vital cultural difference here... Here's what a Dutchman would say (well those who remember Srebrenica clear enough. I don't think too many Dutch members here do :undecide: )

We live in a democratic Kingdom. The head of state (Queen Beatrix) has voluntarily given up her rights to rule the nation and has given us, the people, a chance to do it ourselves. Because 16 million people cannot vote on every issue, we have a parliament representing us.

And there lies the vital issue. The Parliament (including most opposition) voted yes to joining the peace keeping forces. The Parliament represents the people. The Parliament IS the people, effectively.

It's written in our constitution that the people bare the responsibilities of the parliament, that they are intertwined.

It was us. None other.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #98

I think we just struck a vital cultural difference here... Here's what a Dutchman would say (well those who remember Srebrenica clear enough. I don't think too many Dutch members here do :undecide: )

We live in a democratic Kingdom. The head of state (Queen Beatrix) has voluntarily given up her rights to rule the nation and has given us, the people, a chance to do it ourselves. Because 16 million people cannot vote on every issue, we have a parliament representing us.

And there lies the vital issue. The Parliament (including most opposition) voted yes to joining the peace keeping forces. The Parliament represents the people. The Parliament IS the people, effectively.

It's written in our constitution that the people bare the responsibilities of the parliament, that they are intertwined.

It was us. None other.
    I pretty much think the same, although there's a difference with America. Bush didn't even have the majority of votes in 2000 and can therefore hardly be called a representative of the people. I have my doubts about America's system though and in the end they are responsible for the fact they still have it so a big chunk of the responsability still goes to them.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

I think it's pretty clear that's not the American way of thinking.

PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY THE WORLD CONSIDERS YOU AN OBNOXIOUS PRICK. YOU TAKE A SINGLE STATEMENT UTTERED BY ME AND ATRRIBUTE IT TO A COUNTRY OF NEARLY 300 MILLION PEOPLE.

God, you are such an obnoxious loser. Get yourself a pocket p*ssy, lock the door and come out when your 30 years old.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

I pretty much think the same, although there's a difference with America. Bush didn't even have the majority of votes in 2000 and can therefore hardly be called a representative of the people. I have my doubts about America's system though and in the end they are responsible for the fact they still have it so a big chunk of the responsability still goes to them.
    A second ago you were Centro posting in the Rami thread :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)