Seven against the world (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'd like to reinstate this thread. Not as a reaction to the NATW thread in itself, let that be clear, but as a reaction to password protected threads. I have asked for the NATW thread's password, true, but only because I want to read Pado's posts. Not because I agree with the elitist attitude. I disagree because I think that the no.1 rule of a FORUM is the fact it's public. Once you seclude it for certain people, who have never caused any problem apart from the fact they didn't fit in, you create a social hierarchy that should not be allowed on the internet IMHO. Therefore I will also not post in the NATW thread, if I'm given the password in the first place of course.

All of this without attacking members who think otherwise by the way. This isn't particularly aimed at Vinman or Andy nor is it at Jack. It is a mere opinion.
I completely agree especially with the bold part.

And evidence for Seven's view is what said by Jack in the official announcement
Jacques said:
Their wish on not to blend fully with the community has finally come true.
With due respect to the regular members of NATW, this is a public forum after all.

Anyways, as ReBeL said, the majority of the members don't care about it.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #330
    I think this is where the action is now. Let's get to business...
    Right, first thing we do is seclude this thread for NATW members

Sorry, I couldn't resist one "we're more equal than you are" joke :D.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #331
    Rab, no one asked you to post here. You're free to, but I don't see the need to blast this tread as I don't blast NATW.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Hey,

Can anybody tell me why each time somebody posts something in the hidden thread, a message arrives to my email to tell me who posted??:pumpkin:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

NATW is now password protected? Are you freaking kidding me? What's the point of such a move? If someone wants to read it he'll open it, if he doesn't he'll leav it alone. Personally I don't give a rats ass about that thread and I opened it maybe 5 times in the whole time I spent here and that was when I was extremelly bored. But if a handful of Juventuz.com oldtimers get their own private thread than I demand one too.

Go Seven!

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    NATW is now password protected? Are you freaking kidding me? What's the point of such a move? If someone wants to read it he'll open it, if he doesn't he'll leav it alone. Personally I don't give a rats ass about that thread and I opened it maybe 5 times in the whole time I spent here and that was when I was extremelly bored. But if a handful of Juventuz.com oldtimers get their own private thread than I demand one too.

Go Seven!
    :rofl:

That's the attitude

You're subscribed to that thread?
    No. Why?

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

That's the only reason I can think of why you are getting e-mail notifications about new posts in that thread. When you subscribe to a thread you get notified of new posts by e-mail. You can check it in Control panel.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Still, some posters think that there are people who sign in just to post in NATW. Ironically, the last discussed issue before passwording it was how to revive the thread after it's dead.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

E-drama! E-drama! E-drama!
    Most definetly the thread is getting more attention than it deserves....Personally it just bugs me that I can't see everything that goes on the forum. I probably wouldn't even notice it's hidden, if it wasn't for this thread, but that doesn't make it right. I want democracy. :stuckup:

LOL, is there some initiation test one must pass in order to be accepted in the secret society? How exactly will this work, I'm curious, will new members ever be accepted in DA THREAD?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Still, some posters think that there are people who sign in just to post in NATW.
    Actually, there are three members I can name who sign in just to post in that thread. But you wouldn't know that because you don't really know much about anything.

And if anybody here has a problem with the thread being password protected, aim your criticism at Jack who was the person who made it happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)