SerieA vs Epl (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
yes but Rio has played in all the tournaments a player would dream of,meaning that he is much more experienced than legro.

Sally you are entitled to your opinion and i dont have any right to force you to change your opinion,but you guys do not watch the EPL to judge on Rio but i do,i cant deny that legro is a great defender neither can i deny that Rio makes alot of mistakes,but maybe legro can contribute more than Rio in the future but in the meantime Rio is better.

Aug 1, 2003
um, fred, for your information, my father and brother are great MU fans so i basically watch MU matches everytime ;) but i guess i'll give it a season to see if legro is better.

i used to think serie a is the most boring league and they kept showing it here in malaysia, but when i actually watched it i was fascinated and now i can't get enough of it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
yes but Rio has played in all the tournaments a player would dream of,meaning that he is much more experienced than legro.
Isn't that more of a testament to Legro's class, that he's as good, if not better a defender than Rio, despite not having as much experience as Rio has?

Sally you are entitled to your opinion and i dont have any right to force you to change your opinion,but you guys do not watch the EPL to judge on Rio but i do,
EPL is the only league that is covered in Australia, probably something to do with feeling close to the poms cos of languages. So if there's any league i should know, it's England.

i cant deny that legro is a great defender neither can i deny that Rio makes alot of mistakes,but maybe legro can contribute more than Rio in the future but in the meantime Rio is better.
If you can admit that Rio makes a lot of mistakes, and that Legro is a class defender, then I don't think it's valid to say that Rio is the better defender, just because he's contributed more and played in more competitions.

Aug 30, 2002
Here's my Prem 1st and 2nd team ;) :

-------------------------1st Premiership XI------------------

------------------------------Howard--------------------------

G.Neville---------Ferdinand-------Campbell--------A.cole

--------------------------------Viera----------------------------

Gerrard-------------------------------------------------Giggs

--------------------------------Duff-----------------------------

-----------------------------------------Henry-----------------

------------------------RVN------------------------------------

OR

------------------------------Howard--------------------------

G.Neville---------Ferdinand-------Campbell--------A.cole

----------------------Viera------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Gerrard------------------
Duff-----------------------------------------------------Giggs

-------------------------------------Henry--------------------

-----------------------RVN------------------------------------

-------------------------2nd Premiership XI

-------------------------------Cudicini-----------------------

G Johnson---------Woodgate-------Terry-------Bridge

----------------------Keane---------------------------------
--------------------------------------Scholes---------------
Dyer--------------------------------------------------Pires

----------------------------J Cole---------------------------

---------------------------Owen----------------------------

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++

--------------------------------Duff-----------------------------

Duff------------------------------

Please tell me one of them is Hillary

Aug 30, 2002
Just had to do a google on who the hell Hillary Duff was... she's cute but too blonde for my liking ;)

Joking aside, I think Damien Duff has been the best premiership player this season. I knew he was quality at Blackburn but has really emphasized that at Chelsea.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Oh but I think the liking is of a different kind, Martin.

That is, unless Hillary is a man. Which is possible, but not very likely. On the other hand, theres only one way to find out.

Does anyone have her number?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
I envy your ignorance. Anyways, I think the weakness the EPL team would have is their English players.

Honestly- sometimes I ask myself why dont they buy foreign defenders or something?

Aug 30, 2002
You've got a point Martin although he falls into a different category of liking;)

Paris who?

I don't think English players are bad defenders... there are more mistakes in the prem because the football is more open.

Buying exclusively foreign defenders won't work. Surely, homegrown defensive players are important to the makeup of any successful prem side.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
The football- in terms of entertainment and excitement overshadows Serie A like....lets just say I cant think of an analogy extreme enough.

The game is open, theres an obvious flow- creativity is emphasized, and encouraged.

But football in England isnt taken as seriously as it is on most of the continent, and hence the players that are grown are kinda half-assed.

Football in Italy for example- italians would start a world war for the game- and you dont need to go far to see proof of that. Why just a few years ago nearly every team in serie A had sacked a coach in the space of 2 seasons. Finding scapegoats has become a career field worthy of a PhD slot in most Universities there.

Of course- the way the English look at football is infinitely healthier, but it also means theres less effort put into the game, and in training, and in winning.

Aug 1, 2003
EPL is certainly good for entertainment and fast flowing, but it's just, I don't know, not tight and as challenging as Serie A, perhaps?

I'm not saying its bad but I just prefer Serie A. Anyway, I agree, Duff is a good player ;)

Hilary Duff :puke:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
um, fred, for your information, my father and brother are great MU fans so i basically watch MU matches everytime ;) but i guess i'll give it a season to see if legro is better.

i used to think serie a is the most boring league and they kept showing it here in malaysia, but when i actually watched it i was fascinated and now i can't get enough of it
are you sure?which chanells?I used to live in malaysia from 1998 to 2001 while i was there,all i remember is the EPL.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hillary Duff is pretty cute actually

I agree with LAC though, English fans seem like good supporters, but not crazy fanatics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)