SerieA vs Epl (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Who would win if the teams of thes 2 super leagues should play against eachother

Whp has the more superior teams, who has the better fans

Who has the better players, if you took the best players in each league which are likely to shine in the other league

Knock yourselves out

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
If we want something more definitive and clear cut, we should argue Serie A vs MLS.
A line from an old song just came into my head, "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail"

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, at least it would end the argument fairly quickly, now wouldn't it.

Besides, I'm in no position to argue EPL vs. Serie A, since I'm not all that familiar with the EPL outside of Man U, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I used to get Eurosport, but my local cable company took it away, and replaced it with National Geographic. I can't get any Welsh channels. :down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Okay, let's try something here. I didn't think about them longer than 2 seconds, nor have i had sleep in the past 2 weeks because of exams...so leave me alone if i say something stupid :sleepy: An underline indicates a draw

Manchester United - Juventus
Arsenal - Inter
Newcastle United - Milan
Chelsea - Lazio
Liverpool - Parma
Blackburn Rovers - Udinese
Everton - Chievo
Southampton - Roma
Manchester City - Brescia
Tottenham Hotspur - Perugia
Middlesboro - Bologna
Charlton Athletic - Modena
Birmingham - Empoli
Fulham - Atalanta
Leeds United - Reggina
Aston Villa - Piacenza
Bolton Wanderers - Como
West Ham United - Torino

Serie A - 9
EPL - 4
Draws - 4

^ None of that probably made sense

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
^ None of that probably made sense
No, it didn't. Simply put, we don't know how these teams would fair against eachother. Guesses, even educated ones, aren't the same, and produce biased results.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I used to get Eurosport, but my local cable company took it away, and replaced it with National Geographic. I can't get any Welsh channels. :down:
What about RAI International , Mikhail.

Is that available?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
What about RAI International , Mikhail.

Is that available?
Nope. If I want Serie A football, I have to splash out on a package from SKY, or maybe go digital, neither of which is likely to happen. My parents wouldn't want the added expense of digital (quite expensive here), and I'll watch under-9s five-a-sides before paying Rupert Murdock to watch football.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The feelings mutual about Murdock, although for different reasons.

I'm a big Los Angeles Dodgers fan, and he managed to run one of the crown jewels of major league baseball into the ground

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

No, it didn't. Simply put, we don't know how these teams would fair against eachother. Guesses, even educated ones, aren't the same, and produce biased results.
damn :down:

I know what u mean, it's silly to predict based on h2h results, even with all the statistics over the past 200 hundred years. Nothing's guaranteed in football, especially when you've got such lottery teams, like Manchester City and Inter

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey gray, get some sleep buddy.

4 of those teams aren't even in Serie A.
*pssst* remind me Serge, how many teams get relegated from Serie A each season? How many from EPL? Where were West Brom playing again last season?

:p

I felt that it would be unfair to compare h2h based on the progress so far this season, so i took the rankings of 02/03 ;)

p.s. i conveniently deleted west brom so the numbers would match up :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Hey gray, get some sleep buddy.

4 of those teams aren't even in Serie A.
Yeah, they were religated last year. Same with one of the EPL teams (not three, as there are only 18 teams in Serie A as opposed to 20 in EPL.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)