Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (29 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
serfaraaz said:
rebel why ru so pestimistic about juve serieb adventure :eyebrows:
Well, seeing how we played today and in the coppa italia, I can see us staying in Serie B if the whole 17 points punishment was removed...

Otherwise, we should be volunteer scouts to watch the almighty Alexandria matches...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

it's not so bad, perhaps we needed another extra kick on the head. this outta set us straight. there's still 41 games, we all knew this was gonna be hard.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
First, I'd like to cheer all the Juventuz members as nothing have changed. The dramas and whining are still there; just the setting.

We are 17 points down and today we lost 2 more. very point counts even if this is the frst game, but I'll take it as a wake up call for the players and the management that it is a thorny road we are walking and it is not as simple as everyne felt or claimed.

As for the game, I have not much to add on what Dominic said. Our game was totally unorganized, the defence was shaky because of Boumsong and our decisions were hasty,

I loved Birindelli's runs up front and I was happy to see Nedved working well on the ball. Giannichedda's absence was felt from the second he left the pitch. He is the unknown soldier in the team and Paro cannot do the defensive coverage all by himself. Let us not blame a player or two even thought I blame Boumsong for the goal.

The team needs tuning, they have to work the ball more, they have to have a plan. We never had a plan with Capello's two seasons and now the first game with DD was with no plan.

Let us have patience and hopefully from game two things will start taking another direction.

Forza Juve.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I haven't watched the match, but I had to post some important notes...

Lets go back to our preseason:
1- For the past decade or more Juventus have always started their season with the best mentality and spirit. Thanks to great coaching by Sir Lippi and to past season success. This season, we are starting with the lowest mentality possible. We were robbed and screwed. We are starting from a position we have never been before in history. Not only a lower division, but a -ve balance in a lower division.
Add to that, till a recent period Juve were appealing to the TAR which kept the players, fans and management in a hope for a Serie A spot. Obviously, we were blackmailed strong enough for us to drop the case. A case which appeared to be a winner.
2- We lost many of our key players without proper replacements. We lost Cannavaro, Thuram and Zambrotta. Players Who were in our starting eleven for the past 2 seasons (and some for the past 5 seasons). Who were our replacements? Birrindili who is originally a SB and has been playing as a CB.
3- We have a new YOUNG coach. A coach who might be very promissing, yet might not be experienced enough to lead a team out of a very tragic and delicate situation.
4- We have replaced most of our experienced players with young players who have been playing for youth team, Serie B or at the best a religate-avoiding Serie A clubs.
5- We have replaced our management who was, regardless of what happenned in the Calciopoli, the most experience and professional management any team had to a management that is not experienced in the field of Calcio and mirkato.
6- Tactically speaking, during our preseason it was obvious that we were lacking a decent deffense. Our knock out of the Coppa italia was a great example. We accepted 3 goals in a match where we should've kept a clean sheet. All goals were deffenders mistakes, non where the goalkeeper were really tested. Even during the TIM CUP against Milan and Inter, Belardi and Mirante showed great promiss BUT our deffense let them down, especially in the Milan game where Belardi showed his worth but had to pick up the ball from the net three times due to incompetant deffending. To solve such a major problem we signed a player, Boumsong who is not going through his best rather than getting a player like Barzagli who has been performing well. We know that buying a player for Serie B is not like buying a player for Serie A. But still I think we could've done better. Boumsong might turn out to be outstanding, but this is just a preliminary analysis to the situation.
7- We were promissed a playmaker who did not arrive (something we suffered from last year and now we are suffering even more) Nedved is getting too old to do the job asked. Nedved is great, but we need younger person atleast to help him out.
8- We are unlucky to start the season with players like David Trezeguet on the sideline injured.

With all the above situation in mind PLUS the fact that we are playing away in the first game ever in Serie B, did you really expect us to win? I did. Because I expect us to win in every single match. I did because I am a frustrated fan who has just been robbed to gloriious seasons. I did because I really want to prove to the world that Juve are the best.
I am really upset that we ended up in draw. Somethiing that will leave us with -16 now. But I beleive that it is important that we did not lose the first match. I think that it would've been better to win our first match, but thats life.
After all what has been said. Do I have doubt in our team? NO. I beleive that the bianconeri shirts can bring the best out of any player if worn with pride. And we all know that all players who are currently with the squad and proud to be Juventini.
So I say forza Juve...

Deschamps,, you've got a big task infront of you. You are still young in this trainning business, but this could give you the best experience to help you out next season to tackle the serie a properly, hopefully.
Del Piero, you are our loyal captain. You are the on that can put a smile on our faces. We need you now more than ever. And I am sure you will never let us down...

Forza Juve per sempre.
ZAF

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
The point is that Rimini actually gave 110% of their capacities,and I expect every other side to do the same because we are Juve,and they want to use the opportunity to prove their qualities,the best way to do that is against us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)