Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (62 Viewers)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
@ Mark...

I will keep you informed. I called back but it seems Marina is taking a longer lunch.

I tried to phone Italy but my work phone is blocked for international calls. I doubt anyone would be there anyway. Isn't it convenient that Rome changed the schedule JUST before they all went home for the weekend??:tdown:

I will try again and follow-up with emails. I'll get others to email as well...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #345
    AzzurriGirl said:
    @ Mark...

I will keep you informed. I called back but it seems Marina is taking a longer lunch.

I tried to phone Italy but my work phone is blocked for international calls. I doubt anyone would be there anyway. Isn't it convenient that Rome changed the schedule JUST before they all went home for the weekend??:tdown:

I will try again and follow-up with emails. I'll get others to email as well...
    This is very nice of you AzzurriGirl. :tup:

I was happy yesterday when I saw it of their sched and now I see Vicenza-Genoa. :disagree:

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
    @Mark...

I just spoke to Marina Giordano and guess what? She didn't even know they changed the schedule!!! Typical Italian inefficiency. She asked me when did I notice the change.

Then she launched into the convoluted explanation of the Serie B rights situation and guessed that RAI never worked out the rights to show this game with either Rimini or Juve or God knows who else (Eurosport, SportItalia, SKY????). I complained, threatened and cried to no avail. I asked to speak with someone in Rome and she said they are all gone. She did promise to call me back on Monday with an "official" explanation. She did tell me that RAI does NOT have the rights to Juve home games.

This whole process of rights is so screwed up. I guess now our only hope in the US/Canada is to find a stream or be satisfied with highlights from somewhere. I can't believe I have RAI, GolTV and Fox Soccer channel and I can't watch a damn Juve game...:cry: :cry:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    What do you think of this formation:

------------------------- Buffon
    Balzaretti ----- Kovac ---- Boumsong ----- Chiellini
    ---- Marchionni --- Giannichedda -- Paro
    ----------------------------------Nedved
    ----------- Palladino ---- Del Piero

OR

------------------------- Buffon
    Balzaretti ----- Kovac ---- Boumsong ----- Chiellini
    --------------Giannicheda -- Paro
    ----------------------------------Nedved
    ---- Bojinov
    --------------Palladino ----- Del Piero

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #349
    AzzurriGirl said:
    @Mark...

I just spoke to Marina Giordano and guess what? She didn't even know they changed the schedule!!! Typical Italian inefficiency. She asked me when did I notice the change.

Then she launched into the convoluted explanation of the Serie B rights situation and guessed that RAI never worked out the rights to show this game with either Rimini or Juve or God knows who else (Eurosport, SportItalia, SKY????). I complained, threatened and cried to no avail. I asked to speak with someone in Rome and she said they are all gone. She did promise to call me back on Monday with an "official" explanation. She did tell me that RAI does NOT have the rights to Juve home games.

This whole process of rights is so screwed up. I guess now our only hope in the US/Canada is to find a stream or be satisfied with highlights from somewhere. I can't believe I have RAI, GolTV and Fox Soccer channel and I can't watch a damn Juve game...:cry: :cry:
    So RAI doesn't have the rights to Juve's home games and tomorrow is an away game and we won't see this one either. NICE! :disagree:

I give up!!! They just lost a client here and more to come.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Whatever the case, whoever is able to do it, please post the video of the match on our Juventuz You Tube site. That would be very much appreciated, if at all possible.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
    Andy are you saying that someone could possibly load the entire game onto YouTube?? I don't care so much if I can't watch it live but I do want to see it and our newer players. Damn, how can you support a team you can't even see??

Marina kept saying how complicated Serie B was because you have to negotiate rights with the league, each team, and the other networks who have prior rights. I'll tell you I'm not holding out much hope of seeing Juve this year. I think out of all the things that have been done to us fans...not being able to see Juve because they are in Serie B is the one that has me the most pissed off....right along with losing the 2 scudetti :( :depressed :angry2: :irritated

I am going to keep emailing Rome and asking others to email as well. Those bureaucrats need to hear from Juve fans. I'm not sure what good it will do but it makes me feel a little bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)