[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (2 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
AngelaL said:
According to Juventus.com, he is a midfielder. He came on as a replacement for Legro. Why? I don't know. DD had Zebina on the bench. Why didn't he play him? :confused:

it was a truly weird substitution. had no idea why he put him in instead of zebina. chiellni played as a cb as well.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Considering that Birindelli and Chiellini played as centre backs for like 20 minutes, with De Ceglie playing as left back which is not his natural position (he played great tonight though) and without Neddy, Marchionni and Trezeguet, Im very happy with the result.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Badass Devil said:
ffs bojigol doesnt compliment well with ale, zala had to stay on reli, unless ale had to come off, which wasnt a good idea obviously

so please stop f*cking moaning guys, i wud of done the same, if i had to stick boji on it wud have to be out of 1 of the mids or camo who did well

didi is the best man in the job, i cudnt of asked for a more perfect manager
Zala couldnt compliment Pele well, man

the guy did absolutely NOTHING all game....putting Boji in would have been the smart thing to do, considering that Zala was a waste of space

juvelandia said:
ZALAYETA : 6.5 - Well, many might have prefered Bojinov, who may have more flair, speed and eye for goal.... Personally I liked Zalayeta this evening. He didn`t score and he had maybe just one shot or two which didn`t trouble Iezzo... but I feel that he has done what DD asked from him : play with your back towards goal, hold the ball, shield it, until the midfielders come closer. As a target man he did his job well.
wow...it doesnt take much to impress you

Marchisio deserves a 6.5 (or even 7), but not Zala

I dont know what the hell you were watching, but Zala was completely worthless !!

my ranking-

ZALAYETA: 4.5 - I kept thinking to myself "this guy can make that kind of money doing absolutely nothing ?? Maybe I better get my boots and a ticket to Italy, because I can do better than him !!!":eyebrows:

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
juvelandia said:
My game ratings:

BUFFON : 6.5 - Not much to do.... but that save on the close range header in the second half is worth a point

BIRINDELLI : 6 - Both as right fullback and later as central defender he was good. He didn`t shine... but he didn`t make mistakes.

CHIELLINI : 6.5 - Solid in the central defender role

LEGROTTAGLIE : 7 - Well... he deserved somewhere like 6.5 because together with Chiellini he held Napoli at bay .... the extra half point or so is to wish him well. He is still useful to Juve and as a more mature player he could be back to his Chievo levels. Unfortunately he got injured in a game which could have helped him gain some consideration from the Juve fans... GET WELL SOON NICOLA !

( DE CEGLIE : 6 - Wasn`t involved a lot, but the primavera wing player tried to his best to fill in the left fullback role)

BALZARETTI : 5.5 - The weakest link.... especially on the right. Ample time to recover

CAMORANESI : 5.5 - Going through one of those patches where you think his twin brother is playing instead. Mind you... he is not pulling his leg back or hiding out... its simply that those things which usually come natural to him seem to go all wrong.

ZANETTI : 7 - Gladiator.... marathon man... whatever... 90 minutes full of running, pressing opponents, winning balls, moving forward, etc

PARO : 7 - If Zanetti is the heart of the midfield, he is close to being the mind. Every move seems to pass from his feet... he is probably the one with the best vision from our midfielders.. yet he still does the dirty work of an ankle biter when necessary..... He doesn`t have the precision of Pirlo`s passes yet... but he is already ahead of him in ball winning .... and age !

MARCHISIO : 7+ - Showed the personality of a veteran. He didn`t hold back from trying the difficult touches.... not even the 70,000 of the San Paolo terrified him. He goes in for tackles, he runs after the ball, he runs with the ball, he isn`t afraid of shooting at goal..... will he be the next Perrotta ?

DEL PIERO : 7 - He scored a gem of a freekick. In the first half he didn`t start well, but by time he got more and more involved, showing touches of great class and even some of the lost pace. Pity that each and every time he tried to move forward, somebody tried to hack him from behind.

ZALAYETA : 6.5 - Well, many might have prefered Bojinov, who may have more flair, speed and eye for goal.... Personally I liked Zalayeta this evening. He didn`t score and he had maybe just one shot or two which didn`t trouble Iezzo... but I feel that he has done what DD asked from him : play with your back towards goal, hold the ball, shield it, until the midfielders come closer. As a target man he did his job well.

DESCHMAPS : 6.5 - Even Inter would have moaned if they had 6 starters injured... and lose your fourth central defender with injury during the game. Yet he didn`t moan.... and instead he showed faith in Paro and Marchisio in the starting lineup (who both seem to be learning a lot from him) and the courage to bring on DeCeglie.... games like those of today are worth a lot to measure the strength of the reserves and also to boost their morale.

i would give deschamps 5.5 .. he should have put bojinov instead of camoranesi towards the end in my point of view.. he did well to keep zalayeta on the pitch cause we were suffering dead ball situations..
i also agree with the 6.5 to zalayeta.. or maybe a 6 would be also fair.. he did exacatly what deschamps is asking from our centeforward.. infcact recently trezeguet wasnt very happy with the system of play as he was being isolated up front, and if we consider trezeguet last performances they were very similar to zalaetas performance of today

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Pinturrichio said:
i would give deschamps 5.5 .. he should have put bojinov instead of camoranesi towards the end in my point of view.. he did well to keep zalayeta on the pitch cause we were suffering dead ball situations..
i also agree with the 6.5 to zalayeta.. or maybe a 6 would be also fair.. he did exacatly what deschamps is asking from our centeforward.. infcact recently trezeguet wasnt very happy with the system of play as he was being isolated up front, and if we consider trezeguet last performances they were very similar to zalaetas performance of today

what, give the ball away EVERY TIME you touch it ??

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
ppl do not forget it was an AWAY match against fallen giants Napoli...and also very positive performances from young players like Marchisio and Paro

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Vinman said:
wow...it doesnt take much to impress you

I dont know what the hell you were watching, but Zala was completely worthless !!

my ranking-

ZALAYETA: 4.5 - I kept thinking to myself "this guy can make that kind of money doing absolutely nothing ?? Maybe I better get my boots and a ticket to Italy, because I can do better than him !!!":eyebrows:

thats not what many people thought when he knocked out first Barcelona, then Real Madrid. ;)

EDIT: and Zalayeta is our FIFTH striker FFS, you cant expect much from him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Arif said:
thats not what many people thought when he knocked out first Barcelona, then Real Madrid. ;)
yea ppl give him too much of a hard time...but the cold facts are that he is the poor man's Trezeguet...so do not expect too much from him...

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
why bojinov or even palladino wasn't put on the field , i thought that DD just seeking for a safe game , and he got it . tbh , who didn't want to see us kicking napoli asses in their home , after this season they stopped us on copa italia so without our natural CB and nedved who's makes another influence on the pitch , it's too risky to put another attacker inside , can't ask for more for this game . we are still unbeatable rite ?! and just 3 points from the top , cmon cheers up guys ! :weee: and i'm agree , please look at the bright side , we finally found our new future youngster , another wonderkid marchisio ! be sure we will trashing napoli on the 2nd leg :D forza juVe !

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Yeah come on guys, could we be missing any other players? Who's next, Del Piero? Admittedly I thought/hoped Juve would win, but I'm not going to lose sleep over a draw in the San Paolo either. On to Pescara!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Wraith said:
Yeah come on guys, could we be missing any other players? Who's next, Del Piero?
no, it's another center back. Orlando Urbano hurt his right wrist during a scopa game vs fitness coach Pintus. He had the "sette bello" and was so happy because he made a scopa with it and injured his wrist while throwing the "sette bello" on the table screaming SCOPA!!! He's out indefinately.

:pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)