Serie B: Mantova vs Juventus - [13/01/2007] (14 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
His postion allowed him to create offensive moves, while obviously he didn't succeed in that. We got our first real chance after an hour. He himself managed to get one chance in the final minute in the game, which he again gloriously missed.
What do you mean he didn't succeed in that? One hand can't clap, no one gave a hand last night or atleast put a bit of effort to help him. I saw Del Piero running back to defence, helping our defenders, moving the ball from there all the way attacking.

When I say he was threaten Mantova's goalkeeper and defenders doesn't mean he had 50 shots in the entire game. He gave a decend pass to Trezeguet, yet David didn't know how to use It, He had a dangerous freekick, were Jonathan to put his leg there the score would have been probably diff and etc....I'm talking about first half.

True he missed a big chance in the last second, but that doesn't mean his perfomance was similar to the others. Football isn't only about scoring, but giving effort.

I hope it's not his style, because i've seen Del Piero do much much better in the past. Del Piero has a good throughball, but if he OVERthinks his passing, he won't even be able to use it. Such a waste. I don't rate Roberto Carlos nor do I Marc Overmars, by the way.
One thing you have to understand is that he isn't as fast as he used to be, yet he can be as creative as he was before, and he's proven that. His vision is still the same, but his speed is no more like before. Zidane was the same pretty fast player, when he entered his 30's not anymore, same goes with Ronaldo, he's not as fast as he used to be.

I might've made a silly joke at his expense in the past. I never bash him or attack him for no reason. That's the defence you always put up, when some has a point of criticisme towards Del Piero; " Del Piero hater, Zlatan lover".
I never called you Zlatan lover. I just think It's unfair not to give credits when you have too. I myself used to give Zlatan credits for his few good games though I never liked him. The same should be with you.

Oh yes, posting the howler smiley is some great arguement.
And fuck off with your arrogance.
I love you too:pint:.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I have a general question for all the people who are able to see most matches of juve this season.
Do we have a clear tactic? somehow I feel that we never really have a game plan (I saw 3 matchs this season). just like the time of capello. this is making me really nervous.. I don´t have the feeling that the teams display is improving...

Please discuss
the only match was the Brescia game.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What do you mean he didn't succeed in that? One hand can't clap, no one gave a hand last night or atleast put a bit of effort to help him. I saw Del Piero running back to defence, helping our defenders, moving the ball from there all the way attacking.

When I say he was threaten Mantova's goalkeeper and defenders doesn't mean he had 50 shots in the entire game. He gave a decend pass to Trezeguet, yet David didn't know how to use It, He had a dangerous freekick, were Jonathan to put his leg there the score would have been probably diff and etc....I'm talking about first half.

True he missed a big chance in the last second, but that doesn't mean his perfomance was similar to the others. Football isn't only about scoring, but giving effort.
Yes, Del Piero worked hard and really tried. His work did not amount to anything though. Hard work, but not the quality to back it up.

One thing you have to understand is that he isn't as fast as he used to be, yet he can be as creative as he was before, and he's proven that. His vision is still the same, but his speed is no more like before. Zidane was the same pretty fast player, when he entered his 30's not anymore, same goes with Ronaldo, he's not as fast as he used to be.
I'm not contesting that DP is a good player. I'm contesting that he played well vs Mantova.

I never called you Zlatan lover. I just think It's unfair not to give credits when you have too. I myself used to give Zlatan credits for his few good games though I never liked him. The same should be with you.
I give credit when credit is due.

I love you too:pint:.
:sigh:

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
I cannot remember one game that we dominated any opponent

We supposedly have the strongest squad....but have we really showed that ?? We have struggled in every game, even against very inferior opponents (on paper), who came out and played their asses off, and made things close.

I said before that there is some very strong teams in Serie B (Genoa, Napoli, Bologna), better than average teams (Bari, Piacenza, Mantova, Cesena), and teams that could throw some surprises at us (Albinoleffe, Rimini, Frosinone), so no doubt that this is the strongest Serie B in a long while

With all this in mind, what is DD's gameplan ?? Does he have one ??

Does he actually believe that players like Paro, Marchisio, and Zalayeta are going to bring us back to the promised land ?? With what I've seen so far, I am not convinced. If we wait on the youngsters to improve, and come around, we may be waiting another season in Serie B...despite what anyone here thinks

I think we need some help NOW, before the transfer market closes....and for those who think it isnt fair to the youngsters, let me ask you this...

do you think that any of these guys will be starters next year if Juve makes it back to Serie A ???

The answer is pretty easy....NO !!
your right:agree:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i suggest u watch the goal again Mike
i tried seeing it again on the replay i have, but it isnt clear but it looks like number 4 on the back of the shirt, and that is Kovac, but on other websites its saying the goal is of Bernacci even though he didnt kick the ball

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
did u c when Bernacci got off, the look on his face seems as if he won the world cup. shows how great our club is, a players dream is to play for Juve and if he can't do so atleast score a goal against them :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i tried seeing it again on the replay i have, but it isnt clear but it looks like number 4 on the back of the shirt, and that is Kovac, but on other websites its saying the goal is of Bernacci even though he didnt kick the ball
they put about three replys during the game last night, and am sure 100% that balza kicked the ball not Bernacci

abt the Alex discussion, he was played out of position and he didnt perform to the most benefit of the team.I dont want to critisize him that much cuz he wasn't playing in his natural position, and the chance he missed he created for himself out of nothing so i will be neutral on that.

DD should stop fielding our forwards in neddy's position and take a chance on one of our wingers.We have De Ceglie and Guzman, and i would even consider fielding Boji there over both Alex and Palladino

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
he sucks big time , i was not convinced since i heard his name as juve coach , juve were pathatic in this game and deserved to loose , in fact we were pathetic in all the games in which we played so far in Serie B , lets stop talking about Serie A cause i am not sure any more about promotion.

players rating :

all shit especially trez who should be sold ASAP , this player forgot that sometime you have to stop the ball before shooting.

teams in Serie B that i did not ever hear about are making fun of juve cause of DD and his wonderful style of play.
huh ? I haven't seen one fucking minute yet of juve this season :(. Are we playing badly all the time ? First time i hear this i must say :tdown:

What's going on ? Why is our midfield Paro Piccolo Marchiso ? I love these guys much more than Vieira Emerson but I hate losing in serie b. Are these guys (maybe except for Paro who seems (?) good) any better than the average serie b player ?

Why would DD be that bad ?

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
we didnt play well yesterday? we havent been playing well a whole bloody season.. about zalayeta i think he SHOULD REMAIN AT JUVE, but not as a first team player, he is the kind of player everyteam neads, that he comes in and scores goals and never moans for not playing.. but hell no he shouldnt be playing in front of bojinov, or at least not the whole 90 minss
Zalayeta ain't a supersub imo. The guy can play really well on any level (against Madrid he was way better than dp) and definitely has the 'body' for serie b. But i don't really see him as a supersub changing results. That just doesn't seem right.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
they put about three replys during the game last night, and am sure 100% that balza kicked the ball not Bernacci

abt the Alex discussion, he was played out of position and he didnt perform to the most benefit of the team.I dont want to critisize him that much cuz he wasn't playing in his natural position, and the chance he missed he created for himself out of nothing so i will be neutral on that.

DD should stop fielding our forwards in neddy's position and take a chance on one of our wingers.We have De Ceglie and Guzman, and i would even consider fielding Boji there over both Alex and Palladino
Bojinov seems to be a guy you can bring in to change result. I wonder why DD didn't do that ... definitely if everyone sucked.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Zalayeta ain't a supersub imo. The guy can play really well on any level (against Madrid he was way better than dp) and definitely has the 'body' for serie b. But i don't really see him as a supersub changing results. That just doesn't seem right.

pavelnedved said:
huh ? I haven't seen one fucking minute yet of juve this season

enough said

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Let's not forget that a lot of the guys who played this match are kids that are only on the pitch due to a shit load of injuries, plus the suspension of Pavel. It is true that we have not really dominated many matches, but it's Serie B -- no style points here, it's all about getting 3 points.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Two comments from me:

1. Pathetic performance from Juventus.

2. Pathetic performance from Rab.

Forza Dominic! :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)