Serie B: Juventus vs Vicenza [09/16/2006] (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
zizoufan said:
chiellini made the assist for trezeguet and alex scored a beautful free kick as usual.

I meant that camo could help us be at a good position in serie B table before leaving us. Eventhough, he looked motivated and played well.

i'm sure that DD told him to help us and after that ( januarry) he could leave.
Trez looked in rather top form, IMO. He was stretching his body out to meet the ball in ways you typically see when he's at his best. Chiellini's cross was excellent, btw, the kind of quality stuff you never saw out of Zebina and only rarely at that level from Zambro.

DP's kick was amazing for just how clinical it was... the damn thing was telegraphed, and DP went through the motions like he casually expected no other result.

Nedved put in a lot of motion and was playing off the other attackers nicely. Marchionni had a pretty decent game. Paro was OK, Zanetti wasn't half-bad either. Boumsong is a worry as always, and we lucked out on a few offsides calls in his case. Gigi held it together the best he could, but central defense continues to look like our worry for the rest of the season.

Camo was shown sulking on the bench for many of the earlier minutes. He came on and didn't do much, but didn't hurt us too much either. Though overall, the midfield really should have stepped up in the waning moments of the match and kept it from being dodgeball from Vicenza's attack.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
swag said:
Trez looked in rather top form, IMO. He was stretching his body out to meet the ball in ways you typically see when he's at his best. Chiellini's cross was excellent, btw, the kind of quality stuff you never saw out of Zebina and only rarely at that level from Zambro.

DP's kick was amazing for just how clinical it was... the damn thing was telegraphed, and DP went through the motions like he casually expected no other result.

Nedved put in a lot of motion and was playing off the other attackers nicely. Marchionni had a pretty decent game. Paro was OK, Zanetti wasn't half-bad either. Boumsong is a worry as always, and we lucked out on a few offsides calls in his case. Gigi held it together the best he could, but central defense continues to look like our worry for the rest of the season.

Camo was shown sulking on the bench for many of the earlier minutes. He came on and didn't do much, but didn't hurt us too much either. Though overall, the midfield really should have stepped up in the waning moments of the match and kept it from being dodgeball from Vicenza's attack.
good analysis, Greg !! :tup:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
zizoufan said:
am I the only one who think that camo should appear in the first line up next match ?
probably :D

Anyway was it only me or did Trezeguet seem really pumped up after he scored the goal. I think he has too many feelings for the old lady to leave on bad terms like Ibra/Crapello etc.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Michael_Cutajar said:
probably :D

Anyway was it only me or did Trezeguet seem really pumped up after he scored the goal. I think he has too many feelings for the old lady to leave on bad terms like Ibra/Crapello etc.

I didn't get ur point mate ? what are u pointing out here ?

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
ForzaDelPiero10 said:
i think he means like he has too much respect for juve to leave now

yes.

The Italian giants still have some way to go to negate the penalty imposed on them after being found guilty of match fixing, but the 2-1 result at the new Stadio Olimpico in Turin was still a marked improvement on their opening day draw with Rimini.

French international striker David Trezeguet, whom the Bianconeri fought tooth and nail to keep over the summer, scored his first goal of the season just before half time.

Soon after the break Juve captain Alessandro Del Piero also opened his account, but Vicenza gave themselves a glimmer of hope with a consolation strike from Christian Raimondi.

Didier Deschamps' side still have a metaphorical mountain to climb if they are to reclaim their place in Serie A at the first attempt, but Trezeguet was pleased with an improved display from the fallen giants.

"We won, Serie B is a really difficult league and we must understand it yet," Trezeguet told Sky Italia.

"Vicenza are a good side and they gave us troubles.

"Anyway I think we had a good match, even if we must improve our physical condition, but the win is good."

The striker, who was constantly linked with an exit from Juve over the summer as a number of top names left for pastures new, also hinted he was happy to participate in the project to restore the Bianconeri to their former status.

"Being part of Juve's history makes me proud," Trezeguet added.

"What happened with me this summer doesn't interest me, now I'm here.

"What interests me now is the group and Juve and I'm convinced we will have a good season"

skysports

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
another bad defensive outing. which in the end lead to their goal. they arent on the same page yet or else they would of known their was a guy sneaking up to the far post. but second game and the offense was definitly there. trez had many chances he created himself and scored a beauty of a goal. and del piero score another cracker! down to -13 point :D

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
zizoufan said:
am I the only one who think that camo should appear in the first line up next match ?
nope, he played good, and certainly better than Marchionni with such little time. I think he eserves a spotnext game.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Defence needs some serious work to do, I would still prefer Tudor to Boumsong anytime of the day.

But on the other hand, since Boumsong is the preferred option to DD, I guess both of them need some serious work to do. Even DD seems pissed off by Boumsong, which means that Boumsong needs to get some telling-off and shape up his defensive skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)