Serie B: Juventus vs Genoa [21/4/2007] (1 Viewer)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
Great game by Juve against a very solid Genoa team. Serie A is getting closer, and that seems to give our players more motivation to play good football.

Here are the players ratings IMO:

Buffon 5.5: Not much to do today, but punshed away a few crosses that could've been caught, one of them lead to Di Vaio's goal.

Birindelli 6: Made a few runs down the right flank, but none of them caused any real danger except for the chance he missed on the edge of the penalty area. Lacked energy in the second half, which resulted in his subsitution.

Legrottaglie 6: Solid in defence, would've gotten a higher rating had he marked Di Vaio better on his goal.

Zebina 6.5: He was ok as CB except for Genoa's "offside", it amazes me how HE was the one to raise his hand for offside while he could see Genoa's player right in front of him. Did well as LB in the 2nd half with his forward runs, and a great assist to Trezeguet.

Chiellini 6.5: He's certainly much better at RB rather than CB, covered his side well and was well positioned while going forward. Nice header for the goal, but needs to work a lot on his crossing.

Camoranesi 6: Was invisible for the most part in this match, Criscito covered him well.

Giannichedda 6.5: Closed down spaces in the middle and didn't give Genoa enough time or space to organise any decent attacks from midfield.

Marchisio 7.5: Started out a bit on the nervous side. But when he settled in he became one of our most effective players, good passes in the middle and moved around well. Created a fantastic chance for Trezeguet which he missed embarassingly.

Nedved 8: MOM. Running everywhere on the field, distributing the ball well and creating good openings, the usual fantastic effort we've become to expect from Nedved. Well taken goal too.

Del Piero 6.5: Not the best match from Del Piero. He was good in the first half and set up the ball pretty well for Nedved to strike it. But was completely invisible in the 2nd half.

Trezeguet 6: Finally found the back of the net, but did a terrible job with the chance he got in the first half. He's performed better in the last few games, but a goal might push him to regain his goal scoring touch.

Subs:

Boumsong 6.5: It seems he's put his tendency for mistakes behind him. Sound performance from him, covered Di Vaio well.

Marchionni 6.5: As with Camoranesi, he found trouble getting past Criscito. But he managed to outpace him a few times. Could've scored with a nice shot on goal.

Zalayeta NA: Wasn't on the pitch long enough to do anything.

Deschamps 7: Started the game with a good formation, his first 2 substitutions were spot-on. But still insists to bench Bojinov, having Zalayeta and Trezeguet as our forward line isn't going to create many chances.

Anyways, congrats to the team and everyone here for this win.

Serie A, here we come.

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
Not a very good game by our guys although we finished off our chances unlike the last match. Im happy Trezeguet got a goal at last especially after missing an open goal in the first half.

Marchisio didnt have a good game though and you felt our play suffered because of it.

Deshamps' formation was expected but putting Zalayeta in the end wasnt too smart.

Forza Juve +7

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Deschamps: We're not there yet Saturday 21 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps denies Juventus have already sealed their Serie A return with today’s victory over Genoa.

“It is an important win, but it is not the decisive step yet,” he said of the 3-1 result at Turin’s Stadio Olimpico.

“Now we are seven points clear of second place and eight points above Genoa in third, though there are still some points missing before we can be sure.”

The Bianconeri are all but certain of at least one of the two automatic qualifying spots, having recently beaten both Genoa and Napoli.

“Genoa came here to play, keep the ball and cause us problems, but Juventus were ready on every level, especially physically,” continued the Coach.

“The lads replied well to this challenge with the right mentality. It’s not easy to maintain such a level of consistency when you play every four days.”

Pavel Nedved and Giorgio Chiellini were on target before David Trezeguet ended his goal drought.

“David had his chances and I ask him for a different type of work to the one he did last season, so it inevitably takes something away from his sharpness. Trezeguet is a great striker and these players make the difference in the big games.

“Nedved is also a key figure for us and today he was even more calm than usual. It’s no coincidence he was awarded the Ballon d’Or.”

If Juve are secure, then the final few rounds will be a battle royal between Napoli and Genoa for the last remaining automatic promotion place.

“Genoa have a little more quality, but Napoli do better away from home because they defend well and strike on the counter,” explained Deschamps.

“The Rossoblu can also say they have a more favourable calendar with four matches on home turf. It is never easy to take points away from Marassi.”

Although the game ended 3-1 in Turin, Genoa had call for complaint in the opening minutes when Mirco Gasparetto had a goal disallowed for a debatable offside position.

“I saw that the goal was valid, but unfortunately the linesman did not see it. These are tight decisions and can be given or not,” said Coach Giampiero Gasperini.

“It certainly would have changed he course of the match. Other than that, Juve proved they were stronger than us. We had a good opening 20 minutes and threatened a few times, but they scored an easy goal as we let them run 30 metres with the ball undisturbed.”

Channel 4

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Although the game ended 3-1 in Turin, Genoa had call for complaint in the opening minutes when Mirco Gasparetto had a goal disallowed for a debatable offside position.

“I saw that the goal was valid, but unfortunately the linesman did not see it. These are tight decisions and can be given or not,” said Coach Giampiero Gasperini.

It's good to see that he's not bitching around about that decision. :tup:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
what Can I say? these guys making us proud! I love the new Juve, we are improving day by day. I am starting to believe more and more in Didier, He is proving his worth with some transfers I am very confident that we will be a great force in Serie A again the next years :smile:

I am very Happy for Trezeguet, Zebina, Camo and Marchionni, they are doing great job.. And Also people need to lay off Biri's.. Biri is a true Juventino, he doesn't deserve this disrespect, he always was a sub, and will stay so, and he will be a very useful one when we will need him..

I want to mention also Nedved great performances matches after other, he definitely is the leader of this team, and he deserves the armband more than anyone else. with this age, running in the match 90 minutes, you won't see him bitching, or moaning because he is off form, he try to give 110% in each match, that's why he deserves to be the captain.

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #650
    what Can I say? these guys making us proud! I love the new Juve, we are improving day by day. I am starting to believe more and more in Didier, He is proving his worth with some transfers I am very confident that we will be a great force in Serie A again the next years :smile:

I am very Happy for Trezeguet, Zebina, Camo and Marchionni, they are doing great job.. And Also people need to lay off Biri's.. Biri is a true Juventino, he doesn't deserve this disrespect, he always was a sub, and will stay so, and he will be a very useful one when we will need him..

I want to mention also Nedved great performances matches after other, he definitely is the leader of this team, and he deserves the armband more than anyone else. with this age, running in the match 90 minutes, you won't see him bitching, or moaning because he is off form, he try to give 110% in each match, that's why he deserves to be the captain.
    That's a nice post, Snoopy. :touched:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Guys I have a question but not sure where to post it!!

Where can I see the articles and statements and interviews with the players after the game? I have looked elsewhere and there seem to be a huge load of those after tonight's win!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)