Serie B: Juventus vs Cesena [01-16-2006] (59 Viewers)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
sorry if this sounds rude, but don't you have friends? :D
the problem is that they are standing next to me at the party. but thx for your help -.-
btw. my friends don´t like to stay at home at a friday evening to watch a soccer game they are not interested in just to be able to send me updates...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
if he stays at the bench all the year, and plays couple of matches, then what were you expecting of him to do? he had some good matches where he showed his abilities, he would play different if he had more chances.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He was a starter for Lippi, almost every single match and he was a big failure. In 04/05, he was a starter too early in the season but his performances were so under par that he was benched.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i´m not keen about asking this question because i´m new at this board but is here anyone who could send me just 1 sms at the end of the game ?
would be great :)

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Deschamps: “We must hate defeat”

With Juventus’ injury troubles quickly becoming a thing of the past, Didier Deschamps is finally faced with some selection 'headaches’ ahead of the clash with Cesena. “It’s the best kind of 'problem’ - began the coach at this afternoon’s pre-match press conference - even if those returning to the team after three weeks out won’t immediately rediscover match rhythm. We have three games in seven days ahead of us and it’s unlikely that these guys will play ninety minutes in all three. I will have to be careful not to overwork either those who have played a lot recently or those who have been out for a long time”. The forthcoming engagements will require the coach to rotate his players. “Let’s just say that more than eleven players will be involved over the next three games. The next game is always the most important: right now we’re focused solely on Cesena as I know from personal experience that if you get too ahead of yourself, something can always happen in the meantime which throws your plans out of the window”.

And Friday night’s game will be far from straightforward; Juventus dispensed with Cesena in the Coppa Italia back in August but since then, the men from Emilia Romagna have made significant progress. “That was a pre-season game so an assessment of them today will be completely different. Even then, however, I saw a side that was disciplined, tactically well-organised and capable of making the most of its pace on the flanks. In the middle of the park they have Pestrin and Salvetti, both quality players who move the ball out well to the wide men. In turn, the two wingers, Papa Waigo and Lazzari, are also very good at providing support for the front man Pellè. In their last two games against Albinoleffe and Napoli they were more focused on defence, but the goals came never the less. When the opposition have possession, the Cesena players all get back so it will be difficult for us to find space in attack. We will also have to be careful in defence as they have players who can hurt us on the counter attack when they regain possession”.

The game with Cesena represents the Bianconeri’s first top of the table clash this season but having reached first place the standings, Deschamps was adamant there would be no lapses in concentration. “As I’ve said many times before, every game you win takes you one step closer to your first defeat. With that in mind, we have to do everything to win, we must hate defeat”. Inevitably the Frenchman was asked to respond to the comments of some of the top players on the need for reinforcements if the team wants to challenge for silverware in Serie A next season. “No one has asked the club for guarantees - Deschamps explained - they have simply said, and I agree with them, that if we achieve promotion, they will want to be challenging at the top and to do that we need the strongest team possible. It’s too soon to be thinking about next year though, first let’s secure promotion, then we’ll see what happens”.

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
didnt know where to post this and i didnt want to start a new thread

anyway i just read that Lippi was named coach of the year
:weee: :weee:

World Soccer's Player of the Year- Canna
World Team of the Year - Barca:disagree: :p
Young Player of the Year- Lionel Messi

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
There will be a carnival atmosphere once again at the Olimpico tonight, with 13000 Bianconeri flags to be handed out before kick-off.

As always, there will be plenty of entertainment for the fans, with the “Meet the Legend” competition (with all proceeds going to the ‘Crescere Insieme al Sant’Anna’ fund) and the giant Juventus quiz returning to the big screens

Juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)