Serie B: Juventus - Modena [23/9/06] (8 Viewers)

OP
Anverch

Anverch

Dec 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #621
    Michael_Cutajar said:
    before anyone thinks it that corner by Del Piero was not supposed to go like that! he hit it very badly but thankfully it came to Balzaretti who knew what to do with it.
    Del Piero has now scored 200 goals in his whole career as he scored 1 goal for Padova.
    Soltanto un gol capitano
    wrong, if u gona say his career, than it is 225
    199(juventus)
    001(padova)
    025(italia)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    -7points...

I'm glad and really happy we managed to keep a clean sheet for the 2nd time in row. Not to forget scoring 4great goals.

From the highlights David looked to be on fire. Del Piero scoring his 199, and simply being the engine like swag described him.

I'm glad to have such a player like Paro. I'm loving the guy.

Probably the best thing out of today's game was Pavel scoring a goal:touched: I love this fighter.

Forza Juve.

OP
    Anverch

Anverch

Dec 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #626
    i think will take care of napoli we almost did last time, when the team wasn't as together, as they gona be next time we play them.

OP
    Anverch

Anverch

Dec 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #633
    Alessandro Del Piero is one goal away from a personal milestone after scoring his 199th goal for Juventus on Saturday. The bianconeri skipper was on target in the 4-0 romp against Modena, although he missed several chances to bring up his double century.

"It's no problem. Hopefully I'll be able to score number 200 by Christmas," he joked. "In any case I just want to take Juve back into Serie A."

Del Piero scored his first goal for the club in 1993 when, aged 18, he found the net against Reggiana on just his second appearance.

Last season he became Juventus' highest scorer of all time, and is 12 games away from clocking 500 for the Turin giants.

Del Piero was the UEFA Champions League's top scorer in 1997 and 1998 and despite a relative dip in form during his late 20s he was named one of the 100 greatest footballers of the 20th century.

He has won 74 caps for Italy, and was a key component of the Azzurri's World Cup-winning squad.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    swag said:
    First and foremost: Forza Juve! This time Juve really looked like the team everyone feared when they got docked 19 points in Serie B. My big worry in this match however was the ridiculous number of times Juve was called offsides. This is something the team will need to correct, because otherwise Juve could have even doubled the scoreline in this match.

My ratings...

Buffon: 6.5 - Not too much asked of him, but always in the right place at the right time.

Zebina: 6 - Didn't cause us any trouble this time, thankfully. :angel: And sure, he didn't really contribute much offensively, but he generally did his job on defense. It's hard to ask for more from him.

Balzaretti: 6.5 - Where he lacks in skill he makes up for in sheer intensity and energy for the game. A good defensive effort and some really nice runs.

Kovac: 6.5 - Perhaps our best defender today. He had a couple of really good challenges that briefly (albeit very brief) made me forget that we no longer have Canna back there. :cry:

Boumsong: 6 - His play was a little reckless at times, but I thought the ref was a little harsh on him for some of the fouls called. Almost made a nice header for the first score early on. And did not get caught by a failed offsides trap as has been a recent trouble.

Zanetti: 6.5 - He put in a solid effort. Some good destructive play combined with some smart upfield passes.

Paro: 6 - He could have been more involved in the play of the game. But he really didn't cause any harm either.

Nedved: 6.5 - For most of this match, Nedved's greatest contribution was the fouls he suffered and free kicks he won for us. Which is sort of a waste of his talents. However, towards the end of the match he put in some dangerous passes and got a great clean header for the final goal.

Camoranesi: 6 - Some good movement on the ball, but given his role he should have sent more dangerous balls in the box.

Del Piero: 7 - He played a lot like a true #10 today, creating a lot of chances and moving the ball around. He was offsides far too many times to count. He also hesitated a few times on goal chances that saw the opportunity flutter away. Otherwise, good ballwork and a major engine to our attack. And a nice goal in traffic.

Trezeguet: 8.5 - Holy f%^$#$ing sh*t. We must do everything we can to keep this guy beyond this season. Trez was in dead-on deadly form in front of the net. He showed tremendous instincts for one-touch ball redirections towards goal. And his cross to DP for the second goal was superb. Easily MOM and a force out there, his two goals aside. He's in as blazing a form now as he started last season.

Deschamps: 7 - The boys were prepared and ready to win... big. Showed good patience in the early stages and did not ease up off the gas when the team took control of the scoreboard. Maximized rotations to keep everybody in the game.

Ciro Ferrara: 8 - Just because I just love seeing him on the sidelines. :D

Subs:

Birindelli: 5 - One of his only marks in this match was some of the blown coverage on set pieces. Worrisome, but fortunately Modena did not have their finishing down.

Marchionni: 6.5 - I love the dynamic he adds on the pitch. While he took angular shots on goal that perhaps could have been better directed as good crosses, he wreaked havoc in the Modena defense while on the pitch.

Giannichedda: NR - Not really enough time to make an impact on the match.
    much of what you said I agree with.....

just to add that I thought we played very well as a whole, working the ball around very well

only negatives I can come up with...

- DP may have scored, but was offsides way too many times, and lost the ball on too many occasions

- Kovac still worries me...he didnt make any glaring mistakes out there, but I just dont think he's a q2uality defender...plain and simple

- Boumsong needs to be a little tougher out there....he takes a bump, and falls over like a little girl (it happened more than once)...the ref may not blow the wistle every time he falls over, and then we could be in trouble

- the jury is still out on Paro...real deal or pretender ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)