Serie B: Juventus - Modena [23/9/06] (6 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
Good game, good win, it seems game after game we are finding it and in no time we'll be fighting for the title.
:agree: spot on

well i think we had a good game, although we didnt start off very well in the first half.We didnt keep the ball and string the passes. But although we werent on our best, we still scored twice.Which is a very promising/good thing.

2nd half we owned the midfield and did almost everything we wanted.

Gigi-didnt have much to do in the game.But made some good saves.

balza-had a solid game defensively, offensively he didnt have the best of games, and even at the end the frustration got to him that his crosses werent the best.But overall he did well for his 2nd start

zebina-well he had his good times in the 45mins he played, so credit to him there.Defensively he had his lapses.Overall he did well.

kovac-very solid game, didnt give away much.Wat i like abt him is that he plays with his head:tup:

boumsong-Getting better and better with every game.Had his lapses of concentration tonite but played much better overall.So credit to him that hes improving.

zanetti-had a good game, worked hard and tried to supply upforward.Solid game overall.

paro-just like cristiano he had a solid game.Had some good passes showed some good vision.Would like him to leave the distribution from back to the other player next to him and head forward cuz he can produce more.But overall good game and even had some tackles and hardwork.

camo-very good game.Worked hard, showed some nice touches,crosses.Left his bad temper out and enjoying the football.:tup:

neddy-played well today and scored a header:shocked2: , linked well with the whole midfield and the forwards.I think DD should give him a rest though, he played all the games and 90mins in all of them

trezi-MOM for me.Two goals and set up another.Showed good understanding with the midfield and alex at times,and performed his duties almost to perfection.Great game, and on this rate we will know who the top scorer of the league very early.:tup:

Alex-didnt have the best of games, but i understand why DD didnt take him off.Held the ball too much and sometimes did the hard part and then missed the sitter.Didnt link well with the midfield.Lets hope that his 200th is a sweet one.

biri-played his best game imo.Defensively and going forward.Lets hope he keeps up the good work

Marchionni-Moved well put and put in some good crosses.But i still think there is another level to his game, that we didnt see yet.So still not at his best yet.

Gianni-came in just to sure up the midfield with his hardwork and tough tackling.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wraith said:
Argh I keep missing the matches...player ratings, anyone? Or was it just a totally awesome game?

First and foremost: Forza Juve! This time Juve really looked like the team everyone feared when they got docked 19 points in Serie B. My big worry in this match however was the ridiculous number of times Juve was called offsides. This is something the team will need to correct, because otherwise Juve could have even doubled the scoreline in this match.

My ratings...

Buffon: 6.5 - Not too much asked of him, but always in the right place at the right time.

Zebina: 6 - Didn't cause us any trouble this time, thankfully. :angel: And sure, he didn't really contribute much offensively, but he generally did his job on defense. It's hard to ask for more from him.

Balzaretti: 6.5 - Where he lacks in skill he makes up for in sheer intensity and energy for the game. A good defensive effort and some really nice runs.

Kovac: 6.5 - Perhaps our best defender today. He had a couple of really good challenges that briefly (albeit very brief) made me forget that we no longer have Canna back there. :cry:

Boumsong: 6 - His play was a little reckless at times, but I thought the ref was a little harsh on him for some of the fouls called. Almost made a nice header for the first score early on. And did not get caught by a failed offsides trap as has been a recent trouble.

Zanetti: 6.5 - He put in a solid effort. Some good destructive play combined with some smart upfield passes.

Paro: 6 - He could have been more involved in the play of the game. But he really didn't cause any harm either.

Nedved: 6.5 - For most of this match, Nedved's greatest contribution was the fouls he suffered and free kicks he won for us. Which is sort of a waste of his talents. However, towards the end of the match he put in some dangerous passes and got a great clean header for the final goal.

Camoranesi: 6 - Some good movement on the ball, but given his role he should have sent more dangerous balls in the box.

Del Piero: 7 - He played a lot like a true #10 today, creating a lot of chances and moving the ball around. He was offsides far too many times to count. He also hesitated a few times on goal chances that saw the opportunity flutter away. Otherwise, good ballwork and a major engine to our attack. And a nice goal in traffic.

Trezeguet: 8.5 - Holy f%^$#$ing sh*t. We must do everything we can to keep this guy beyond this season. Trez was in dead-on deadly form in front of the net. He showed tremendous instincts for one-touch ball redirections towards goal. And his cross to DP for the second goal was superb. Easily MOM and a force out there, his two goals aside. He's in as blazing a form now as he started last season.

Deschamps: 7 - The boys were prepared and ready to win... big. Showed good patience in the early stages and did not ease up off the gas when the team took control of the scoreboard. Maximized rotations to keep everybody in the game.

Ciro Ferrara: 8 - Just because I just love seeing him on the sidelines. :D

Subs:

Birindelli: 5 - One of his only marks in this match was some of the blown coverage on set pieces. Worrisome, but fortunately Modena did not have their finishing down.

Marchionni: 6.5 - I love the dynamic he adds on the pitch. While he took angular shots on goal that perhaps could have been better directed as good crosses, he wreaked havoc in the Modena defense while on the pitch.

Giannichedda: NR - Not really enough time to make an impact on the match.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Serie B Tim - 23 Sep 2006 - 7:09 PM

Del Piero: “Great determination”

His next strike will be the umpteenth milestone is the wonderful story of Del Piero and his Juventus. Against Modena today the captain scored his 199th goal and almost made it 200, denied only by a last ditch goal line clearance. Disappointment? “Not at all, there will still be a party as we played magnificently. Apart from my goal, which I’m very happy with, I was really pleased with the spirit we all showed out there on the pitch; by now we’ve come to terms with this emotional adventure and we all want to get back to the top”. The striker is reminded of how worked-up he was out on the field. “Of course, everyone gets a little angry, it’s a sign of how desperate we are to play well all the time, to fight for every ball”. The fans showed their appreciation as always, as Del Piero led his team under the home end after the final-whistle to thank the ever-present and ever-enthusiastic public. Asked whether he pays any attention to the league table, the captain joked, “Let’s just say I don’t look at the bottom of the table!” :toast:He then continued, “While we wait for the outcome of the judgement, we’re not thinking about the penalty, just looking forward to each game as it comes. The Juventus we have today can go far”.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

giovanotti said:
No,because I have a dial-up connection of 28,8kbps.:sad:
sory mate.

well i didn't see the game but from the clips, first goal was trez after a balzaretti chip from 20m away from goal. trez chested the ball perfectly and fired beside the keeper with ease.

second was a real beauty, dp passed a beautiful long ball to trez on the right, trez continued down the right and returned the ball to dp in the middle who put it behind the net coolly.

third was a nice one as well. zanetti made a long pass over the whole defense to a running marchionni who crossed it low to trez in the middle and the outcome is obvious. ;)

fourth came after a paro freekick where neddy headed it in.

first 3 goals are really nice, sorry you can't see them.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
vlatko said:
sory mate.

well i didn't see the game but from the clips, first goal was trez after a balzaretti chip from 20m away from goal. trez chested the ball perfectly and fired beside the keeper with ease.

second was a real beauty, dp passed a beautiful long ball to trez on the right, trez continued down the right and returned the ball to dp in the middle who put it behind the net coolly.

third was a nice one as well. zanetti made a long pass over the whole defense to a running marchionni who crossed it low to trez in the middle and the outcome is obvious. ;)

fourth came after a paro freekick where neddy headed it in.

first 3 goals are really nice, sorry you can't see them.
Thanks a lot Vlatko.:tup: :tup: :tup:
I appreciate that!!!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)