Serie A vs EPL vs La Liga debate (2 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
IMO serie A teams are improving, i know things look pretty bad right now but in a few years time i think they will compete again in europe. Right now, the top clubs in italy suck big time. Two clubs that used to be a real threat to any team in europe (juve and milan) are struggling. Milan are struggling financially and in our case the management are just shit thats our main problem.

Clubs like napoli, genoa, fiorentina and roma are a pretty decent teams. They'll get better in a few years IMO. And once that 6+5 rule is introduced (which is just a matter of time really) then the table will be turned and things will look brighter.

But the question is, are we (juve) going to be there in a few years when these changes happen? If the current management didn't change then things won't change for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't watch Bundesliga, but seems they are much more interesting than Serie A. Won't be surprised if they overtake Serie A in few years. Even though I had doubts about that before.

I know what you are saying, but the problem is, there is one great team in Serie A, the others could make a competitive league without Inter in serie A, but still in Europe, these Serie A teams are jokes..
While i agree they're definitely weaker than their Spanish and English counterparts, but i'd much rather tune in for a Napoli, Fiorentina or Genoa game than watch the likes of Bilbao, Villareal and co.

Ask Fred to open more threads?
Whats that supposed to mean? :mad:

Actually i know what it means, its the same recycled joke about me using my imagination. You're just jealous that i'm creative :stuckup:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
EPL 1:0

So Milan is out. Inter has got some chance while Viola will probably go out.

--

Italian football is dying ladies and gentlemen. Milan tried to stop Valencia with Favalli. :howler:
It's still the same old football. Italian talents are being ruined. I can't believe no one of them is getting any chances and I see some many players from poor Serbia playing in the top teams. Youth team is not getting any credit. Giovinco is a perfect example. We have a talented player that is being ruined and as long as we keep with that policy, England, Span and Germany will be over taking Italy in football.

Santon is the only Italian youth player in top teams that's getting a chance and that's Mourinho who gave him that shot. Surprise surprise he's not Italian.

Italians still stick to the old fashioned football :sick: so stop blaming other teams if we lose 4th CL spot. Why didn't we win the damn thing so we don't lose it to Germany? Because we simply can't, we suck, Serie A is mediocre. Blame Italy, or the whole system because this style can't compete in Europe. They had a team that played without any changes for like 10 years, well of course they didn't get anything new.

It's why I wanted Guus. Not just because he's ten times better than Zaccheroni but because he's not Italian.
What about Marchi? And Fiorentina with their youth focus. Hasn't got them anywhere in the league.

Anyway I understand your point. The "italian" way of doing things is restricting these talents from emerging due to the perception that a player needs to be formed tactically as well as physically, mentally etc. They seem to think that if they are not then mistakes will be done and that will horribly dent their confidence since the media will persecute them. I'm still not sure whether that is completely valid or not.

Regarding the discussion. Well there isn't any doubt about it. Serie A is so far behind the people involved know it all too well. Its not just performances, mindsets and approaches but even attendances and stadiums. There is improvement but its not inline with the developments in the other leagues.

Also one a side note, if Milan were the Milan of old they wouldn't have lost.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What about Marchi? And Fiorentina with their youth focus. Hasn't got them anywhere in the league.

Anyway I understand your point. The "italian" way of doing things is restricting these talents from emerging due to the perception that a player needs to be formed tactically as well as physically, mentally etc. They seem to think that if they are not then mistakes will be done and that will horribly dent their confidence since the media will persecute them. I'm still not sure whether that is completely valid or not.

Regarding the discussion. Well there isn't any doubt about it. Serie A is so far behind the people involved know it all too well. Its not just performances, mindsets and approaches but even attendances and stadiums. There is improvement but its not inline with the developments in the other leagues.

Also one a side note, if Milan were the Milan of old they wouldn't have lost.
Thats the whole point isn't it? That Milan, Juve, Roma and the rest of the Serie A sides are not the Serie A sides of old.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
They are the sides of old. And that's the main problem, everyone else in Europe made steps forward but Italy stayed where they are.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Thats the whole point isn't it? That Milan, Juve, Roma and the rest of the Serie A sides are not the Serie A sides of old.
No thats not what I meant by that. I meant if they played with the same mentality and approach from a couple of years ago (even last year) they would've been more ruthless and kept the ball better. Thats why they would've won.
They are the sides of old. And that's the main problem, everyone else in Europe made steps forward but Italy stayed where they are.
Somebody put it best "modern football is killing this juve team". Same applies to the other teams.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #108
    Manchester 4-0 Milan

One more out. Humiliation and toying on the field. Serie A keeps proving it's mediocrity.

Genoa, Roma, Viola, Milan out.

Inter is yet to play and we're playing tomorrow. So far, Serie A = joke, but that's nothing new. Forza dull system from the mid 90s :tdown:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Irrelevant,the man has spent so many years in Italy.He has the mentality & coaching tactics of an italian manager.

We really need a totally fresh outlook to how we approach the game as a whole.
    It's sad when the great ones fall. What's making this even more painfull is the fact that Serie A owners still believe they are invincible. I just hope we can salvage our situation & lead Serie A back to the glory days. Am not not holding my breath but atleast i'll be crossing my fingers.

May 22, 2007
    Irrelevant,the man has spent so many years in Italy.He has the mentality & coaching tactics of an italian manager.

Fair enough, I just thought he was a limited manager no matter where he was from.

And to the point of Serie A returning to former glory, I hate the retarded and lazy attitude of people saying that European domination comes in cycles and we should wait for our turn. I think Inter are more than halfway into becoming more "modernised", I'd love it if this summer we also took a massive step in the correct direction, we have massive potential.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    It's sad when the great ones fall. What's making this even more painfull is the fact that Serie A owners still believe they are invincible. I just hope we can salvage our situation & lead Serie A back to the glory days. Am not not holding my breath but atleast i'll be crossing my fingers.
    The bad thing is that Serie A not only needs a revamp in terms of style but how they market the league.Honestly no asian kid is gonna choose to watch serie a over epl or la liga.The marketing sucks,the picture quality sucks,the stadium atmosphere is drab & the commentating is absolutely pathetic.These italians need to learn about the rest of the world & catch up already.

If you can't make serie a attractive again,top players & fans won't bother with it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    The bad thing is that Serie A not only needs a revamp in terms of style but how they market the league.Honestly no asian kid is gonna choose to watch serie a over epl or la liga.The marketing sucks,the picture quality sucks,the stadium atmosphere is drab & the commentating is absolutely pathetic.These italians need to learn about the rest of the world & catch up already.

If you can't make serie a attractive again,top players & fans won't bother with it.
    While I agree with the gist of this post, I really don't think you can "blame" something like the commentating. Surely that depends on the different broadcasters in different countries.
    I don't agree with the drab stadium atmosphere either. From what I've seen & heard it's no worse than for example England or Spain.

The stadiums in itself are a problem though, as is the continued hooliganism (for lack of a better word). And if you ask me, the biggest problem are not necessarily the clubs, but the FIGC & the other governing bodies. The downfall was clearly already in progress before Calciopoli happened, but it was never a surprise that this farce (I call it a farce for how the entire thing was handled, regardless of guilty / not giulty) wasn't going to improve things. Quite the opposite.
    Plus, their entire approach to the game seems to be outdated.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

To an extent, but I don't think that was a very Italian team out there last night at all, under Ancelotti those players would have done better. Milan are a soft touch under Leonardo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

Atmosphere is an interesting topic as English clubs, especially the big ones, often have full stadiums with fans sitting down being quiet, only jumping up on goals or particular moments in a match. Italian ones on the other hand are half empty but the fans make noise, can group together for chants, and have flags and banners. The league would be killing two birds with one stone if they could get bums on seats again whilst retaining the atmosphere. England hasn't been successful with that. By getting families in that has also brought a political correctness (rife in Britain anyway) where you are not allowed to stand, so generally can't sing. We need to find some middle ground, where we make money but don't turn stadiums into the libraries seen around the PL during normal league matches. Germany is a better example, but then you come back to Galliani's point about having the stadiums to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)