SERIE A: Udinese - Juventus (4 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
all i can say is that i still love ma juve and still i think we can steal scudetto from milan , even if am the only 1 between u ppl think so! may god bless Juve

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Udinese will host Juventus at the 'Friuli' on Saturday afternoon for the 26th matchday of Serie A.

The home side is having an excellent season with the team being a point above Inter and three points away from the Champions League spot, currently occupied by Lazio and Parma.

Juventus, on the other hand, have just been through the worst week of the Lippi second era in which the bianconeri were eliminated from the Champions League, handed the Scudetto to Milan and last Wednesday the team lost 2-0 the first leg of the Coppa Italia which was their last chance for silverware this season.

Udinese have not won in their last three league games, as they obtained just 2 draws and a loss. However Lazio, Parma and Inter's slow movement has left Spalletti's squad still in the Uefa Cup zone and with an outside chance for the Champions League spot.

Lippi's squad has lost the 3 last games in all competiitons, thus a win is a must. If the Scudetto seems out of reach, the second place, which means automatic qualificaiton for the Champions League, is just two points away. This means that Juventus still have a lot to play for up tiill the end of the season, and even though the injured players list is still long, Lippi can still count on the character and fighting spirit shown by his side in the first half of both Milan and Lazio games.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Udinese (3-4-2-1): De Sanctis; Bertotto, Kroldrup, Felipe; Alberto, Pinzi, Pizarro, Jankulovski; Castroman, Jorgensen; Iaquinta

Juventus (4-4-1-1): Buffon; Ferrara, Tudor, Legrottaglie, Pessotto; Camoranesi, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Appiah; Nedved; Trezeguet

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/t9359.html

Nyos

Feb 1, 2004
Trezeguet in starting?
I don't think so.
Lippi seems won't play newly recovered player. He will choose DV maybe.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
a win, a loss, a draw.. won't change anything for the title race..

but, the importance of the win today comes from the need for a morale booster for our players.. to get back what we lost in the last couple of weeks.. our charizma..

if we have to win today, we must make such a win.. with a big margin..

however, I'm ready for another dropdown.. are you?

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
a win, a loss, a draw.. won't change anything for the title race..
however, I'm ready for another dropdown.. are you?
a draw or a loss wont change anything but a win can make us come up in 2nd place avoiding the CL qualification... I hope Lazio can hold Roma...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
We beat Udinese 4-1 this year while they are the only ones to beat Milan so far.

My consearn is not to lose the 14 (11) point advantage over Lazio.

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #97
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
    We beat Udinese 4-1 this year while they are the only ones to beat Milan so far.

My consearn is not to lose the 14 (11) point advantage over Lazio.
    who knows maybe even that could happen

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    One question for you guys.............
    If juve win.................
    roma lose to lazio..... and milan lose to parma.........
    that will bring juve in second place and 6 points being milan again..(noting that milan and roma have a busy schedule ahead bcuz they are in CL and UEFA CUP to play for)
    and the rest of matches juve have after the rest of the injured side will return one by one .....
    will you BELIEVE IN SCUDETTO?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
    One question for you guys.............
    If juve win.................
    roma lose to lazio..... and milan lose to parma.........
    that will bring juve in second place and 6 points being milan again..(noting that milan and roma have a busy schedule ahead bcuz they are in CL and UEFA CUP to play for)
    and the rest of matches juve have after the rest of the injured side will return one by one .....
    will you BELIEVE IN SCUDETTO?

it could give us some hope...but no i don't believe we will win the scudetto.:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)