[Serie A] Udinese-Juventus (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh man... spoilers aside (hey, I peeked), it sounds like I have a real pleasant game to watch when I get home from work tonight. :rolleyes:

Nice write-ups, all. Will write my own observations later.

As Dr-J says, 3 points is the three points. Even if each of them were ugly ones.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Ok what about the other foul...push from behind and the Udinese player gets a yellow card...did you see the motion of Cannavaro's legs and arms they were thrust onto the Udinese players back...

More over, about your first analysis...how does one clear a ball with his leg two feet off the ground when the players is dribbling it on the ground?
He kicked him behind the thigh...by your rationale he would have hit him in the front (you said he was behind him).
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?? The ball was not on the ground, it was a cross at, say thigh level. There was no dribbiling no nothing...a simple crossed ball and Canna was just clearing the ball and Udinese's striker go in the way. All I ask you is watch the replay again you will see where I am coming from.

I dont remember any incident with Cannavaro asside from the 89th minute. If you mean DP shoving Berttoto in the 62nd minute , then yes DP pulled him (not the jersey but his arm) , but I believe that Bertotto also didnt resist, he automatically fell flat on his face as if he was just waiting for a juve player to touch him. Again it couldve gone both ways another ref. couldve given them a penalty.

Nick I really dont like talking about refereeing mistakes, they are part of the game and we all know it. Even when my Milanista or Intersti friends say that Juve is the "government team" I rarely reply with an incident that happened in Milan or Inter's favour, even if it happened last night. Focusing on such mistake is just gonna kill the thrill and passion we have in football.

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
Very good analysis, Andy.
I don't understand what has happened to Zlatan.
He was nearly as bad as he was against Empoli.
He had such a great pre-season where he really showed that he is a worldclass player with an incredibly high top-level.
Unfortunately he now has showed that he also as an incredibly low "lowest-level".
I really don't understand it.
Well, I'm glad the war hasn't started all over again.
First of all, everybody is happy about the win and I guess everybody has realized that it's unnecessary to become "enemies" when the team is winning.
Capello has an enormous faith in Zlatan and I totally accept the fact that alot of people think that he now has gotten enough chances.
He has. If I would've been Capello and didn't have the love for Zlatan that I have, I would definitely put him on the bench.
But I support Capello to 100 % and if he thinks that it's best for Juve to keep on playing Zlatan, what can we do?
I'm sure that sounds ridicolous, since I support Zlatan that much but I can honestly say I can be very objective and see the whole picture.
At the same time, I must express my total respect to Del Piero and honestly say I'm really impressed by him. I know I wrote that he only scored on a penalty and a freekick and that he didn't perform that well bla bla bla...
I mean, the guy was under an enormous pressure before and during the Empoli-game and he just went in, scored twice and even if he didn't performed at his best today, he headed a beautiful assist and worked very hard.
And also Blasi. What a complete footballer. Has he ever played rightback regularly in his whole career??? Impressive!!!
I hope I haven't unleashed hell now... :)

Peace, love and understanding, my friends.
We still haven't lost a single point.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Zlatan was on a 2 on 1 when the ref whistled a non-existent off-side so....

Udinese players acted like Porto and dived like pros so it goes both ways.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++
Very good analysis, Andy.
I don't understand what has happened to Zlatan.
He was nearly as bad as he was against Empoli.
He had such a great pre-season where he really showed that he is a worldclass player with an incredibly high top-level.
Unfortunately he now has showed that he also as an incredibly low "lowest-level".
I really don't understand it.
Well, I'm glad the war hasn't started all over again.
First of all, everybody is happy about the win and I guess everybody has realized that it's unnecessary to become "enemies" when the team is winning.
Capello has an enormous faith in Zlatan and I totally accept the fact that alot of people think that he now has gotten enough chances.
He has. If I would've been Capello and didn't have the love for Zlatan that I have, I would definitely put him on the bench.
But I support Capello to 100 % and if he thinks that it's best for Juve to keep on playing Zlatan, what can we do?
I'm sure that sounds ridicolous, since I support Zlatan that much but I can honestly say I can be very objective and see the whole picture.
At the same time, I must express my total respect to Del Piero and honestly say I'm really impressed by him. I know I wrote that he only scored on a penalty and a freekick and that he didn't perform that well bla bla bla...
I mean, the guy was under an enormous pressure before and during the Empoli-game and he just went in, scored twice and even if he didn't performed at his best today, he headed a beautiful assist and worked very hard.
And also Blasi. What a complete footballer. Has he ever played rightback regularly in his whole career??? Impressive!!!
I hope I haven't unleashed hell now... :)

Peace, love and understanding, my friends.
We still haven't lost a single point.
Good post Jocke, Agree with everything you said except that Zlatan was bad against Empoli, maybe youre thinking of Ascoli?

Its incredible how poor Zlatan performed today, Not at all what im used to seeing from him. Cant figure it out either.

Maybe its the fact that his girl just moved in with him in Turin a couple of weeks ago, I mean A- The sex is great sure, But it burns way too much energy to tap that ass everyday:D. B- Imagine the new habits he has to get acustomed to, Panties and tampons laying around:( and finally C- The constant naging and the fishing for compliments every fakking day.:stress:

Id go nuts within the week, Im just happy my girl is safely out of reach but close enough so i can keep mu eye on her:D

P.s lay off the hippie bullshit plz. This aint woodstock.;)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Zlatan was on a 2 on 1 when the ref whistled a non-existent off-side so....

Udinese players acted like Porto and dived like pros so it goes both ways.
An offside and a PK is night and day...

More to point of Ibra...last season people spoke of Kaka having a sophmore slump type of season despite the fact that he fed enough passes to keep Milan afloat to battle for both the CL and Scudetto titles till the end. Unfortunately, Ibra is doing neither..scoring or passing. He seems frustrated and is also selfish at times. Probably because he wants to be back on top...this frustration coupled with Del Piero's BITE may just see him riding the bench soon.
In my mind if you have a Del Piero who is on-form and in mental shape (we all know his bouts of low morale can kill him) then no player on Juve comes close to him..not Nedved nor Ibra. I just can't believe the bullsh*t I read on these pages (esp. the Ascoli game thread) where so-called Juventini are arguing that HE should be benched...
WAKE UP..its the Del Piero's ...the Maldini's and the Shevchenko's that seperate MIlan and Juve from Inter....players that care...players playing for more than their paycheck..players who grew up in the team or arrived at a young age where they cried tears of joy and pain for the team .. players that at the end of the day care first about the team and second about their 'status'.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004

More to point of Ibra...last season people spoke of Kaka having a sophmore slump type of season despite the fact that he fed enough passes to keep Milan afloat to battle for both the CL and Scudetto titles till the end. Unfortunately, Ibra is doing neither..scoring or passing. He seems frustrated and is also selfish at times. Probably because he wants to be back on top...this frustration coupled with Del Piero's BITE may just see him riding the bench soon.
In my mind if you have a Del Piero who is on-form and in mental shape (we all know his bouts of low morale can kill him) then no player on Juve comes close to him..not Nedved nor Ibra. I just can't believe the bullsh*t I read on these pages (esp. the Ascoli game thread) where so-called Juventini are arguing that HE should be benched...
WAKE UP..its the Del Piero's ...the Maldini's and the Shevchenko's that seperate MIlan and Juve from Inter....players that care...players playing for more than their paycheck..players who grew up in the team or arrived at a young age where they cried tears of joy and pain for the team .. players that at the end of the day care first about the team and second about their 'status'.
This is what its all about! I miss the days when loyalty was a norm. Now its all about the money, bar a few. IMO this is the problem with real madrid, inter and Chelsea is on the way!

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005

I agree with every word you wrote

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

Great post:thumb: although i think its a little naive of you to think heart and fighting spirit outweighs youth and ability.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Great post:thumb: although i think its a little naive of you to think heart and fighting spirit outweighs youth and ability.
Three years ago Milan had decided to call it quits with a certain player. It was on friendly terms but a serious injury and age was apparently catching up to him. At his position younger individuals were present. Players who were young, proven and who started with roaring approval.
In the summer Milan decided to re-sign the older player. What resulted was one of his best season yet playing in the CL quarter finals, semi-finals and final against Juve..in addition to playing up until the time the Scudetto was out of reach.
The following season the young defender wanted out and couldn't hack it anymore....
When asked what still motivates him to play at that level..at his age he replied: To give the team back what they have given me.
The old dude...Alessandro Costacurta.
Costacurta's, Ferrara's, Maldini's are gems....the Laurssen's, Legrotaglie's and Coloccini's are simply 'stones'.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

Three years ago Milan had decided to call it quits with a certain player. It was on friendly terms but a serious injury and age was apparently catching up to him. At his position younger individuals were present. Players who were young, proven and who started with roaring approval.
In the summer Milan decided to re-sign the older player. What resulted was one of his best season yet playing in the CL quarter finals, semi-finals and final against Juve..in addition to playing up until the time the Scudetto was out of reach.
The following season the young defender wanted out and couldn't hack it anymore....
When asked what still motivates him to play at that level..at his age he replied: To give the team back what they have given me.
The old dude...Alessandro Costacurta.
Costacurta's, Ferrara's, Maldini's are gems....the Laurssen's, Legrotaglie's and Coloccini's are simply 'stones'.
Beutiful story:touched: Seriusly, great story!

But they were all defenders, forwards are another story.

Call me a cynic but i think heart will only take you so far...

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++
Are we all switching to bird av's?

More importantly, are the av's aimed at us?:shocked::down:
Nah man, Its more like a "duality" thing, the bird is aimed to the ones who deserve it.
:D
And if you take a look at the other hand, there is a celebration/peace blunt.;)

You belong to the latter category.:thumb:

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002

Lovely!

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Beutiful story:touched: Seriusly, great story!

But they were all defenders, forwards are another story.

Call me a cynic but i think heart will only take you so far...
No doubt but BUYING talented players even at their prime will not guarantee any silverware if no one CARES or BLEEDS the team's colors...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally, I would rather have the player who has heart and cares for the club rather than the guy who is just out there to win Ballon D'Ors for his own personal pleasure. In today's game, the Del Pieros and Costacurtas of this world are unfortunately a dying breed...these players you have to cherish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)