[Serie A] Udinese 3-0 Juventus, April 3rd, 2010 (1 Viewer)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
4-3-3

Buffon

Zebina - Canna - Chiellini - Grosso

Melo
Marchisio - Sissoko

Del Piero - Amauri - Giovinco​
For Gods sake people, Sissoko must always play behind all other midfield players. Sissoko is 100 times better destroyer than Melo while Melo is a much better passer than Sissoko. So Sissoko as DM, Melo as CM. Sissoko should play exactly where he played against Atalanta and nowhere else!!!!

Manninger
Zebina-Canna-Chiellini-DC
Marchisio-Melo
Camo-Diego-Gio
Trez​
Diego wont play....

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
For Gods sake people, Sissoko must always play behind all other midfield players. Sissoko is 100 times better destroyer than Melo while Melo is a much better passer than Sissoko. So Sissoko as DM, Melo as CM. Sissoko should play exactly where he played against Atalanta and nowhere else!!!!

Diego wont play....
You don't get it do you? No chance in hell that Sissoko should be the closest player to the the defense and the easiest option to pass the ball in the middle. Sissoko as a regista? Yeah right..He would give away all the balls if he was playing there. At least where I put him he can make runs forward which he's pretty good at.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
It's still a mystery to me what the best way to use Sissoko would be. He can run for 90 mins and he's a good dribbler so ideally you'd want him to do a lot of forward runs but on the other hand he gives away the ball often and his best qualities are still in defending.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
It's still a mystery to me what the best way to use Sissoko would be. He can run for 90 mins and he's a good dribbler so ideally you'd want him to do a lot of forward runs but on the other hand he gives away the ball often and his best qualities are still in defending.
Double six in 442 but we don't play 442 so I don't know.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm happy with a 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1. I wouldn't know whether to choose TREZI! or Amauri though. I'm one of the few on here who still think Amauri is still going to be very good for us. He played well last game he just didn't have his finishing right. Once he gets into a rythym though that won't be a problem and we all know how good he is when given the right service (i.e when he's playing infront of Diego, Del Piero, Giovinco, Candreva, Camo).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, no matter where you play Sissoko, he's going to have to play the ball. Whether he sits in front of the defense, or pours forward with gazelle-like strides, he's going to need to play the ball. Especially when we have so few options as it is in attack. Personally, I don't even know how one can say he's a great dribbler -- he always runs into traffic. So where on earth would be play him if we want to increase our ability to keep possession and trouble the other side's defense from deeper in midfield?

Unfortunately, the answer is nowhere. I know people won't like it, but we need to find a better way to keep possession, take it to the opposition, and actually get some chances.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Look, no matter where you play Sissoko, he's going to have to play the ball. Whether he sits in front of the defense, or pours forward with gazelle-like strides, he's going to need to play the ball. Especially when we have so few options as it is in attack. Personally, I don't even know how one can say he's a great dribbler -- he always runs into traffic. So where on earth would be play him if we want to increase our ability to keep possession and trouble the other side's defense from deeper in midfield?

Unfortunately, the answer is nowhere. I know people won't like it, but we need to find a better way to keep possession, take it to the opposition, and actually get some chances.
Agreed and that's exactly what i meant about Sissoko. He's good at dribbling (ie. bringing the ball forward for a distance, even passing 1 or 2 players) but then he always ends up losing it. Either by running into enemies or just making a bad pass. As it is now I don't see why he should start ahead of our other midfielders. Pure destroyer doesn't cut it when your team is struggling with keeping posession.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I say lets play our boring 4-4-1-1, which is 4-4-2 with Del Piero dropping back as usual to help out the midfield. Giovinco on the left and camo/candreva on the right. Marchisio and Melo/Sissoko in the middle.

OR

I still think this formation would work:

Manninger
Cannavaro Legro Chiellini
Melo Sissoko
Camoranesi Diego Giovinco
Trezeguet Del Piero​

If Buffon is ready he should play. Candreva and slot in for any of the Camo, diego or Giovinco. Marchisio could play instead of Melo or Sissoko from the start.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Thanks mate. Yours isn't bad either :D

I say lets play our boring 4-4-1-1, which is 4-4-2 with Del Piero dropping back as usual to help out the midfield. Giovinco on the left and camo/candreva on the right. Marchisio and Melo/Sissoko in the middle.

OR

I still think this formation would work:

Manninger
Cannavaro Legro Chiellini
Melo Sissoko
Camoranesi Diego Giovinco
Trezeguet Del Piero​

If Buffon is ready he should play. Candreva and slot in for any of the Camo, diego or Giovinco. Marchisio could play instead of Melo or Sissoko from the start.
Agreed about the "4-4-1-1" (or 4-4-2). When Diego is out i definitely want Del Piero to play. And of the available formations i think that 4-4-2 suits him the best. Also with DP + someone up front, Gio + Camo on the wings and Marchisio + Melo in the middle we actually have a good squad for 4-4-2. Of course a lot depends on the schizophrenia of Camo and which personality shows up. The football genius or the psycho :shifty:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks mate. Yours isn't bad either :D

Agreed about the "4-4-1-1" (or 4-4-2). When Diego is out i definitely want Del Piero to play. And of the available formations i think that 4-4-2 suits him the best. Also with DP + someone up front, Gio + Camo on the wings and Marchisio + Melo in the middle we actually have a good squad for 4-4-2. Of course a lot depends on the schizophrenia of Camo and which personality shows up. The football genius or the psycho :shifty:
Never would refer to Camo as a psycho...a petulant, irritating, arrogant idiot...yes, but never psychopathic. He is spiteful but not truly dangerous to anyone but himself and our team.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
You don't get it do you? No chance in hell that Sissoko should be the closest player to the the defense and the easiest option to pass the ball in the middle. Sissoko as a regista? Yeah right..He would give away all the balls if he was playing there. At least where I put him he can make runs forward which he's pretty good at.
I see this often on these forums, and it appears that people either have never known of a defensive midfielder, playing in a defensive midfield position, as in protecting the defence first and foremost, OR...they assume that any defensive midfielder must be a regista.

I have ALWAYS thought that Momo is better the further back he plays as his passing game is a constant disaster. The further UP the field he plays the more damaging he becomes to our offensive moves. His main strengths are very clearly TACKLING and ATHLETICISM. You don't seem to 'get it' SUNS...

Good at forward runs??? AGreed on the 'running' suggestion...but as soon as he has to actually receive and redistribute the ball, he is a corpse of our beautiful game. Because he has the first touch of an 2 year old boar, and the second touch of a wombat.

Defensive midfielders, players whose main ability is tackling, need to be deployed where they can defend and tackle...not attack. It seems so easy for me to grasp this...but not others.

If Momo is too awful to even be able to play a simple short pass from the defence to a better midfielder, then its lunacy to suggest playing him further up the park, where pressure will be higher and his movement, with the ball, must be quicker and more accurate as he will have the opposing defence and midfield to deal with, rather than just pesky strikers near his own defensive line...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Marchisio should be first choise and then its between Melo and Sissoko. When it comes down to that choise i have to refer to Andy's post..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)