[SERIE A] Udinese 2 - 1 JUVENTUS (01/28/09) (8 Viewers)

Sep 2, 2004
Eℓvin;1880119 said:
Gio is not a Supporting Striker FFS, without space and time his abilities are limited. He's a natural AMF. Play him there...
Thank you. Even a blind person can see that without space Giovinco is nothing. He needs space to run and take on players. He never impressed as a supporting striker. What Ranieri sees there is beyond me.

Mar 30, 2006
I wish we had Eboue or Miguel. They are fast, they can pass and they can get forward well. Miguel would have dominated Di Natale with his pace and marking. I would have no problem spending 15 million Euro on a top RB

aman

Feb 9, 2004
We've got Cagliari at home and then the Coppa game against Napoli. I think Nedved and Amauri need to sit these out. I'd start DP-Iaquinta against Cagliari with Giovinco at LM, and then Trez can start in the Coppa game with DP or Iaquinta and De Ceglie at LM.

It's nice that Trez is back, but in my opinion Camoranesi is even more important. Hopefully he can at least be on the bench for the Coppa game, if not before.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
my ratings

Buffon-6

molinaro-4
mellberg-4
legro-4
grygera-4.5-an extra .5 for the penalty

nedved-4
sissoko-4.5
marchisio-6.0- won quite a few balls. set us on the break a few times
marchionni-4.0

giovinco-5.5
amauri-5.5
iaquinta-6.0

trez-N/A
poulsen-N/A

My MOM for us is probably Marchisio.

Ranieri-5.5
Good decision to take marchionni off for iaquinta.
put poulsen off to late and shouldve taken off nedved.

Dec 26, 2004
Buffon 6: Nothing to do on 1st goal, nothing to do on 2nd, his backline let him down today.

Grygera 0: Yes you are not mistaken it is a ZERO... I would give him a -2 but the PK he created earned him a Zero.

Legro 0: The worst game ever of the born again Legro... Jesus would feel ashamed of today's Legro.

Melberg 5: It is impossible to do well when all the men next to you are suffering a bad day and that was exactly the case with Melberg.

Molinaro 5: (Garb/Aver)age.

Marchioni 4: If Ranieri start him again I'm gonna commit a suicide, play Rossi, Yago or even play with 10 men but please let us enjoy a Juve-less Marchioni.

Sissoko 5.5: Not as dominant as usual... unfortunately lost his battle againt Inler and D'Agostino.

Marchisio 5: A game to forget for Claudio offensively and defensively.

Nedved 4: Pavel was right to refuse pay-as-play.... he hardly deserve a penny for his play today.

Giovinco 6: With 10 underperforming players around you talent can do you no good, Giovinco is NOT a replacement for Del Piero, he doesn't play his best football as a support striker... we should really stop wasting him in that position.

Amauri 5: Same ineffective Amauri for the second game in a row... Trezeguet, rest... hope that's what Ranier is thinking now.

Ranieri 3: Pushin Iaquinta was a good choice, but leaving 10 minutes for Trezeguet? Why he always tend to wait in his substitution even when the need of change is so damn obvious? Why not trying DC instead of panifully ineffective Nedved? What is the point of Poulsen with less than 5 minutes? And more and more of questionable decisions.

Juve-Less Del Piero = Palermo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Again, at least from what I saw, Nedved and Marchionni didn't do anything again.

We can't keep fielding these players if we want production from the wings, where MOST of our attacks are initiated.

This system blows without quality wingers. But hey, if you want to try to fit trapezoids into triangles, go right ahead.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the point is although average they still win. thats what we struggle to. look inter as much as i hate to say it just have more quality they find a way to win we dont. serie a is theres. we need quality in our team
one thing is, even if they do not have the fastest players, they have many physical players that can bully the opponent around which makes it hard for the opponent to play against them. their raw power is their plus above us, because we do not really have enough people that get physical and just let the opponent ricochet of their chest if they try to get by ... look at midgets like marchionni or molinaro ... hey, even giovinco does use his body power better than marchionni (remember how many fouls where already given against giovinco, because he got into a duell to hard).

Marceℓℓo;1880186 said:
Still Buffon had an Ok game IMO.
yeah, he had an OK game, but he did not have a "buffon"-standard game, where he has one or two scenes where he saves a shot that is always a goal against other keepers ... the saves he pulled off today, could also be pulled off by manninger ... if he just did get a fingertip on di natales shot so it got over, we could again say we got points because of buffon, but today he did nothing special =/

So what did they say after the match? Where are the quotes?
watch out for the pink flamengo that eats an colour-changing chameleon and transforms into a growing tree !

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Thank you. Even a blind person can see that without space Giovinco is nothing. He needs space to run and take on players. He never impressed as a supporting striker. What Ranieri sees there is beyond me.
he did impress as a support striker in vs. Lecce...AMF and SS are quite close position-wise, and the SS has only the defence to contend with, while the AMF will also have to deal with the holding midfielders of the other team, so your argument that Seba would have more space doesn't really hold up

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
How much longer will he be a good player though? half a season, 2 seasons? Plus he is waaay too much drama to deal with and would hurt our team mentality which is a real strong point of Juve. The issues of Milan and Roma in their dressing room hurt them too much.

We would be better off Just trying Mellberg at RB till Zebina is back if Grygera sucks.
he'll be a good player for longer than grygera ever has or will be. Mellberg is ok at rightback but he constantly drifts in, and ranieri hates zebina, so he wont play there.. we're stuck with gryg

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
he did impress as a support striker in vs. Lecce...AMF and SS are quite close position-wise, and the SS has only the defence to contend with, while the AMF will also have to deal with the holding midfielders of the other team, so your argument that Seba would have more space doesn't really hold up
But what does hold up is that Giovinco is not a support striker, not someone who can challenge for crosses, and not one of those players who has an eye for goal.

So the question remains... WHY DOES RANIERI THINK HE SHOULD PLAY THERE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)