[Serie A] Udinese 0-3 Juventus [20th August, 2023 20:45 CEST] (2 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The ideal result required to kick start the season. I wasn't able to watch it this morning, 4.45am on Monday doesn't work for me. I look forward to watching the replay tonight.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Very good game. We probably took the gas of the pedal too early but early in the season I can understand that.

Front two looked dangerous, was very impressed with Cambiasso

Thought Miretti did well also

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
3-0 is flattering. Fake handball but I don't give a fuck. Pressing on 1st goal was great. Just that amount is all that's required to beat teams in Italy.

Movement upfront was better than last year. We have more athleticism in general and should keep the pace high. I suspect Cambiaso will be quite good. We still don't get enough players forward. I have questions if we don't score early like we did today.

Thougut we conceded too many shots. Alex Sandro is a travesty still.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
magnanelli effect is real. That was de zerbi ball in the first half.

“I feel good next to #Vlahovic and we’re not standing still, we’re moving which is what the coach is asking us. Also the arrival of #Magnanelli has us trying new tactics and I feel good about it” #Chiesa

️| Chiesa to: "Today, we played a fantastic match. In the first half, we showed a lot of intensity and pressed them high up the field. We need to keep this up; this is the modern style of football." #Juventus
Allegri needs to be demoted and cut his wage 50% at minimum, clearly he's only doing 50% of his job and someone else to help him.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
3-0 is flattering. Fake handball but I don't give a fuck. Pressing on 1st goal was great. Just that amount is all that's required to beat teams in Italy.

Movement upfront was better than last year. We have more athleticism in general and should keep the pace high. I suspect Cambiaso will be quite good. We still don't get enough players forward. I have questions if we don't score early like we did today.

That was 100% a handball. He turned away from the ball and his hand was extended.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We are now exiting the mercato "bros....." phase and entering the hypomania spike. That peak will be when we finally overcome our demons and beat Monza in a thrilling 2-1 win later in the year, before losing 1-3 to Roma and ending our hopes for the season.

b2e.png

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
It looks like this year's fixtures got some changes. I thought we would host Udinese first for the second part of season but actually we'll play Udinese in Feb 2024. Or maybe even last season, Serie already made that change.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So we won 3-0 with a 45 minutes of good football and another 45 minutes of our usual defending routine.
Positive things:
First half was actually very good, we looked lively and it felt a goal can come anytime. We defended very well and calmly. Allegri fooled them with "modern tactics"
Second half - We kind of stopped playing and instead of taking the game to fun land with Illing and the likes we decided we are just there to not concede.
Defense looked a bit more organized overall but we gave too much space outside the box, maybe it has to do with the 3-0 scoreline but its not an excuse.

Commentators in my country hailed Woj but I personally didnt see anything remarkable from him except for his save with the face. He was ok I guess.

Cambiasso - He seems very intelligent, can make a dribble and can cross. If he shows this type of performance we might won ourselves our new long term LWB
Weah - I liked his energy and he seemed to be doing well but he didnt do anything remarkable or horrible so it is a bit tough to estimate him at the moment.

Locatelli started good but did some horrific shit towards the end.
Miretti - Why was he subtituted? I thought he was having the game of his life.
Chiesa - When he shoots straight away he is super dangerous - I think he could benefit from trying to shoot straight away at times. he also had a shot blocked because he tried to control the ball better.
Vlahovic - On paper - a goal and an assist. Reality - He didnt play well, he didnt play bad as well though. Penalty that he had nothing to do with. his pass to Chiesa was a pretty regular pass, it was Chiesa who was sublime.

Overall - If we keep it up we can become a very good team but Im also a bit worried about Vlahovic - Im still unsure about him being the best fit for our team.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

First half - I thought the 3-0 actually flattered Udinese. We were doing everything right including defending. Their shots were more of a hail merry (1st half).
Second half - I guess we deserved to concede one even if its more about us giving space than Udinese actually being that dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiaso really resembles Cancelo - meaning a playmaker wing back, I love it.
This is who he reminds me of. Thank you

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
The thing I liked most about Cambiaso & Weah is that they made it so hard for Udinese to press us. I hope we build on this & not go back to the times when we shat our pants as soon as a team pressed hard.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Cambiaso really resembles Cancelo - meaning a playmaker wing back, I love it.
The thing is he can come inside onto his right foot to escape the press. When you have a pure left footed player they can't do that.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I have hated to watch this team for a while. However, I am quietly optimistic this year. Expectations are low and the fact that we have no European partcipation could be a blessing in disguise. This team needs to play 1 game per week and sort out the system of play. So long as we don't lose any big name players I think we can give the scudetto a decent challenge this year.

I am watching the replay just now - I see positive signs after 20min but of course I take that with a pinch of salt.

In some way, I think we needed to be out of Europe for a year - keep most of the squad and ride it through. Could be the best thing for the club ironically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)