[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
The match seemed cagey, Conte seemed to set the team up to reduce Udinese's effectiveness in counter attacks, and it stopped Di Natale from having any good chances for the whole game.

The overall team lacked a creative spark in attack, because for all of Pepe's running he still lacks the inventiveness to put a cute through ball in towards Matri. Evidence of that is when Del Piero came on, he found Lichtsteiner well, but it was a poor miss. Quagliarella created a couple of okay opportunities for himself to trouble Handanovic.

Oh, and who thinks we would have had a better result if we played this one in Sept like we were supposed to?
Depends. Maybe Juventus were a little intimidated by Udinese's home form, but their season preparations started earlier and they had already played Arsenal so might have been fitter.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
LOL at that rat Zacheryah leaving neg reps without a name. Too bad he cant do it and it remains neutral :)
why should i leave my name, when you know its me ?
Your comments surely dont deserve the efford

If we continue to play negatively and cowardly away from him against so called good teams, soon enough we'll be overtaken by others.

We are good enough to impose our game but instead we change everything in the hope of countering an opponents strengths, in the end we cancel ourselves and our opponents out making for a dead boring game.

We need to be more imposing and more confident in our abilities.
wel, we pretty much had allmost every so called good team away, so i dont see the problem :p

also, remember what mess this team was 8 months ago, you dont build a confident side just like that. it needs to grow

also small note, when we were getting fucked over and over in the midfield last year, the same people whining today about not showing balls, were complaining back then that they wished the capello grinding days returned.

people are getting spoiled

So what if Conte had gone for the win and we ended up LOSING? Yes, Udinese was shit but it was because we didn't allow them to play.
as allways a good analysis.
udinese destroyed allmost anything at home so far, we destroyed their gameplan and came out with a draw
considering every big team is comming to turin in 2012, its the smart thing to do :tup:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
why should i leave my name, when you know its me ?
Your comments surely dont deserve the efford

wel, we pretty much had allmost every so called good team away, so i dont see the problem :p

also, remember what mess this team was 8 months ago, you dont build a confident side just like that. it needs to grow

also small note, when we were getting fucked over and over in the midfield last year, the same people whining today about not showing balls, were complaining back then that they wished the capello grinding days returned.

people are getting spoiled

as allways a good analysis.
udinese destroyed allmost anything at home so far, we destroyed their gameplan and came out with a draw
considering every big team is comming to turin in 2012, its the smart thing to do :tup:
You're worse than Alvin.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This "unbeaten streak" is putting a haze over all our flaws.

We're not content with mediocre outings and playing for draws. At no point in that 2nd half did we take the game to Poodinese and try and win it.

Conte needs to re-think his strategies and the team's overall mentality going into 2012.
:lol: gold. I shall be using this henceforth.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Yes but we fucked up also against Bologna at home, Chievo away and really fucked up Genoa at home.
We gave Udi too much respect. was hoping Conte would switch back to 4-3-3 at some point.
anyhow, it's not a very bad result. those games Gian mentioned were the ones that we actually dropped points.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,175
    positives:

- formation worked in taming udinese. they were tame
    -chiellini
    -vidal

negatives:
    -conte should know by now that you HAVE to play 2 strikers if you want to actually you know..win.
    -pepe sub took tay too long.
    -ref was horrible
    -pepe was terrible. so was matri
    I will sign on this report.

All our technical limitations were on display tonight. Thank God the torture of playing without Vucinic is over. Like never this season we've seen so much bad passing and bad first touch. Obvious lack of inventiveness and confirmation that we don't play good counters. On top of it, it was disappointing to see that we played for a draw. Draw in Udine isn't a bad result, but the way we played was bad. Thank God that we were against an equally unmotivated team, happy to leave with 0:0.
    We had Matri out of all forwards do Vucinic's job receiving balls and having horrible passing and horrible first touch, so were Pepe and Estigarribia. I don't understand why was Quagliarella benched from the beginning? He just scored damn it, is that how you reward a player hungry to score after a lengthy sit away?

Lose scudetto? It's not ours in the first place, unless you're a Milan fan. We can only win it and that would be some historic shit if we did win it.
    It will be colossal if we win the Scudetto, it would taste sweeter than honey.

Positives:

Bonucci was actually intelligent today
    Please, Bonucci had an extremely easy job to do with all the other defenders around him.

More than one reason we didnt get the win today. Poor individual performances, from Matri, Pepe, Vidal and Estegarribia. Poor offence, no bite, no punch and no technique. Asking our defensive line of three to play ball, whilst they cant. More than anything we were afraid to win this game.

We've grown a lot the past half year, but the spark we lack upfront on showcase today.
    Not to forget the redundancy in the roles on the field that we started with and insisted on the entire game.

What's with the high Vidal rating? He wasnt at his best at all today?
    One of the redundant players on the pitch, he could have taken Pepe's free role and another forward would have been fielded instead of Pepe but Pepe had to be fielded for some reason.

LOL at that rat Zacheryah leaving neg reps without a name. Too bad he cant do it and it remains neutral :)
    His -reps are like Eagle farts or fish piss.

we honestly would have been better off losing this game
    Not really but I understand your reason behind it in taking a bit of more risk but sometimes risk pays, we lack the gambler on the sideline, we have a Jesus freak instead.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    How was Chiellini positiv when he almost cost us a goal?
    follow up play after chiellini's fck up, noticed how gigi patted isla after he saved that cheap shot. you know with 'i wanna score on buffon an all that comment'
    hah great moment.

Chiello also made some retarded passes but as usual was good defensively.I agree for his standards it wasn't a very good game for him.

No motm poll? The game was so dull that I guess it doesn't deserve one, is it? :D

I would probably pick Bonucci for leading our backline so well.
    yeah Bonucci for me too. easy game for him or not he had a flawless match and did good defending on more than a few occasions.
    It would have been Vidal, had he continued his first half performance. He ran out of steam too quick in 2nd.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    follow up play after chiellini's fck up, noticed how gigi patted isla after he saved that cheap shot. you know with 'i wanna score on buffon an all that comment'
    hah great moment.

Chiello also made some retarded passes but as usual was good defensively.I agree for his standards it wasn't a very good game for him.
    I didn't catch that. Good observation. I'll take a look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)