[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Unless we want instant results. It's fun to see how most of the people before the season wehre so sceptical of Conte and such and now with such a fantastic start and some good football finally they are unhappy that we are not owning everybody, and playing like the supper champions which is laughable considering the squad we have.

I would be very happy with 3rd place this year and if we can get higher it's a bonus. We shouldn't get carried away, we were a shit team for past couple of years and we should target to make this season good and build on it next year, and not be angry when mirracle success stories doesn't happen over a six month period.
I totally agree with you. But I guess in anyway it is hard to avoid a disappointment after every non winning match =( People are such creature who get used to a good thing very promptly =)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Unless we want instant results. It's fun to see how most of the people before the season wehre so sceptical of Conte and such and now with such a fantastic start and some good football finally they are unhappy that we are not owning everybody, and playing like the supper champions which is laughable considering the squad we have.

I would be very happy with 3rd place this year and if we can get higher it's a bonus. We shouldn't get carried away, we were a shit team for past couple of years and we should target to make this season good and build on it next year, and not be angry when mirracle success stories doesn't happen over a six month period.
:tup:

What Conte did yesterday and focused on that mainly was not losing the team's confidence. A defeat before the break would be disastrous, even because of our record to kill ourselves in this phase of the season. With more arguments upfront and better worked set pieces we could've left the Friuli with more than 1pt, but what really matters is that his defensive plan didn't collapse (curiously, our "shaky" defense turned out to be always our strong point in these last games - props to Conte for it).

My only point "against" him were the late subs. Both Pepe and Matri weren't adding much to our defensive phase and, even if they tried, they couldn't get past Udine's defenders by themselves. Quag's and Ale's creativity and flair should've came earlier into the game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Let's keep playing for the tie, so that way we don't lose our team's confidence. If we tie, we can't lose, therefore we never have to face defeat. :D

In before the Melo comments.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We were just so much better in the opening part of the tournament. The Beelan thrashing for example. We imposed OUR game, and the defending champions had fuck all to say.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone else think that perhaps a loss would be good for the team? Going undefeated now I feel like we are playing more cautiously "trying" not to lose the good record and find ourselves happy with a draw because it isn't a "loss".

Just get a loss under our belts to piss us off and I am sure we will react well. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No. Losses can be problematic late in the season when it can put serious pressure on the team. But sometimes a loss leads to a string of others when a team realizes it's been playing well above its abilities.

This team still has a lot of confidence to recover from years of dismal adequacy. If the unbeaten streak helps them believe, I'm all for it. I don't think that we'd see much better effort in draw situations because of a loss: we'd see it because of points behind the leaders.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought Juve were decent enough in the first half and ought to have got a goal from that decent play. Udinese were trying to press quite high up which was leaving space in other areas and Juve were doing a pretty good job of exploiting that space.

In the second half Udinese didn't press so much and Juve looked much less comfortable having to try to break down a deep, packed defence. They also started to get careless and fall into the trap of giving the ball away cheaply and giving away counter-attacks.

Still don't like 3-5-2. Juve don't really understand how to move in that system - which leads to individuals trying to do too much rather than relying on good movement to open teams up, which Juve are much more inclined to do when playing their usual 4-3-3. Lichtsteiner, in particular, doesn't function anything like as well from wingback as he does from fullback. The timing of his runs just isn't right, which deprives Juve of a lot of their width.

Thought that was one of the best games Bonucci has played for Juve.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Draws are not the same as losses when you are playing direct competitors, only the minnows. A loss to Udinese and even if we beat them at home, we still come out even. This way, we are fired up to play them at home and are in a much better position to get 3 points. That leaves us 4, Udinese 1. Since we are fighting them for top 3, I'd say that is acceptable for me.

Going guns blazing into an unbeaten home team without Vucinic would be dumb. One counter and it's over, they park the bus with their Serie A leading defense and that's that.

Eventually though, I want us to get to the point where we can play any way we want, anywhere.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Draws are not the same as losses when you are playing direct competitors, only the minnows. A loss to Udinese and even if we beat them at home, we still come out even. This way, we are fired up to play them at home and are in a much better position to get 3 points. That leaves us 4, Udinese 1. Since we are fighting them for top 3, I'd say that is acceptable for me.

Going guns blazing into an unbeaten home team without Vucinic would be dumb. One counter and it's over, they park the bus with their Serie A leading defense and that's that.

Eventually though, I want us to get to the point where we can play any way we want, anywhere.
True dat. :agree:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Didn't like our team last night but it was probably because I felt we could have done more. We always seemed satisfied with a draw which, of course, is a good result. We are almost half way through the season and we can now safely say that we have a solid team which can indeed fight for the Scudetto.

Player marks:

Buffon: 7/10 - Was dominant, made a crucial stop in the first half after Chiellini's blunder. Super Gigi :touched:
Licht : 5/10 - Played out of position, "meh" is the best way to describe him. A rock defensively, but in no way did he meet the expectations offensively.
Barzagli: 7/10 - Solid as ever, surprisingly comfortable on the ball going forward
Bonucci: 7/10 - Solid as never, very smart decisions. I was impressed
Chiellini: 7.5/10 - Did great. Great perception, placement, tackling with ferocity and overall a great presence in the defense
Marchisio: 4.5/10 - Had a solid first half, but sadly went into Casper mode in the second. Not pleased with his performance at all, especially not with him not being able to hit the target from all the sweet positions he had
Pirlo: 4/10 - Like Marchisio, had a solid first half. Hardly did anything right in the second - I think he could do with some time on the bench
Vidal: 8/10 - Absolute monster in the middle, made life much easier for our defense.
Estigarribia: FLUNKED - Absolute shite all game
Pepe: FLUNKED
Matri: FLUNKED
Quags: Hard to give him a grade because of his limited time on the pitch, definitely brought something positive to our attacks
Del Piero: Same as Quags
Hi there.

Pepe was our best attacking player. Vidal had a flawed game.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
We could have won the game if we had started with Quag next to Matri. Pepe and Matri simply didn't connect that day. It sucks to have all that amount of possession and yet we weren't manage to score a single goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)