Serie A top 5 2010-2011 (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I could argue that if everyone is fit, Fiorentina's squad might be equal or slightly better than Juve's though the difference is not much.
I would strongly disagree with that. Juventus have the better centerback pairing, as Chiellini - Bonucci is imo stronger than Kroldrup - Gamberini. Juventus have a better rightback, but of course Pasqual is better than DC

Its harder to compare the midfield, as Fiorentina usually play a 4-2-3-1 while Juve play a straight 4-4-2. I'd say Fiorentina have the better passers in Zanetti, Montolivo and D'Agostino, but Juve have the better tacklers and the harder workers in midfield. As far as wingers go, Vargas is a lot better than whatever Juve have to offer on the left, but i'd say Krasic is comfortable better than Marchionni

In attack Gilardino is probably a better striker than any of Juve's forwards.

All in all other than 2-3 positions, Juve are better in everything else.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I would strongly disagree with that. Juventus have the better centerback pairing, as Chiellini - Bonucci is imo stronger than Kroldrup - Gamberini. Juventus have a better rightback, but of course Pasqual is better than DC

Its harder to compare the midfield, as Fiorentina usually play a 4-2-3-1 while Juve play a straight 4-4-2. I'd say Fiorentina have the better passers in Zanetti, Montolivo and D'Agostino, but Juve have the better tacklers and the harder workers in midfield. As far as wingers go, Vargas is a lot better than whatever Juve have to offer on the left, but i'd say Krasic is comfortable better than Marchionni

Mutu, Jovetic?

I don't rate Bonucci that high nor Motta, and for me both are still question marks. Juventus defence is gonna concede a lot of silly mistakes while they get used to play together. And they could be a huge success or a huge failure.

Fiorentina's defense is average i agree.

You have a point about the hard working players, but Juventus lacks a lot in creativity compared to Fiorentina.

Krasic is better than Marchionni that's for sure, Vargas is a mile aheads of pepe/lanza/martinez/whoever they use on the left, They have two good passers in Marchisio and Aquilani but both won't play together, and we're yet to see what kind of Sissoko and Melo are we gonna see this season.

I don't see much differences between the two sides in terms of who has a better a squad, though i would say that Juventus has more depth than Fiorentina.

But the latter won't play in Europe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Mutu, Jovetic?

I don't rate Bonucci that high nor Motta, and for me both are still question marks. Juventus defence is gonna concede a lot of silly mistakes while they get used to play together. And they could be a huge success or a huge failure.

Fiorentina's defense is average i agree.

You have a point about the hard working players, but Juventus lacks a lot in creativity compared to Fiorentina.

I don't see much differences between the two sides in terms of who has a better a squad, though i would say that Juventus has more depth than Fiorentina.

But the latter won't play in Europe.
I'm unsure about Bonucci myself, but i really doubt Kroldrup or Natali are as good as he is.

Motta might not be a world beater, but neither is Comotto.

Jovetic won't play this season so he can't really be counted. I still don't see how Fiorentina have a better team? Most of their players wouldn't even at the moment start for Juve. Don't forget that some of their players like Marchionni is a post Calciopolli Juventus reject.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I'm unsure about Bonucci myself, but i really doubt Kroldrup or Natali are as good as he is.

Motta might not be a world beater, but neither is Comotto.

Jovetic won't play this season so he can't really be counted. I still don't see how Fiorentina have a better team? Most of their players wouldn't even at the moment start for Juve. Don't forget that some of their players like Marchionni is a post Calciopolli Juventus reject.
I edited the post. Check it out.

And remember i said "if all fit" in my first post.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Can't believe you implied Motta is a good rightback. Your reputation is in taters :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)