Serie A teams could go Bankrupt???? (1 Viewer)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
worst case scenary, all those teams go bankrupt and juve wins the scudetto for the next 10 years. i dont see the big problem there.
maybe even the countries who pay to show tha serie A.. will stop buying the rights.
That means juve will lose a major part of its income so actually no one in Sere A will be safe.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
shit, this is big trouble. screw the EU ppl, i think they should just let the save football thing go on. :depress:

but wow, Juve's not in trouble, this is great !! but still, if serie a goes down, so will juve.....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Well,, if that happens i will see the rise of teams like parma, Udinese and Siena as the new stars in europe :D

But like LAC said... it will be a huge blow for the serie A... and for its business... Just imagine.... Juve smashing all the teams... with no competition.

No more super classics, no more action.... just Juve destroying.
We would trabnsform in what real madrid is in spain.
:rolleyes:
Madrid, contrary to some people's dim view about la Liga, don't dominate the league. They win it regularly, but there's lots of competition. Hell, they've won the CL more often in their recent history than they have the league.

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
naaah..its all a big fuss over nothing. All of ITALY (the FIGC, the Government, The clubs like Roma,Lazio,iNter,Milan - which is owned by the most powerful man in the country) is fighting for it. A solution or a crack seems more than likely. Worst case, they would have to pass another law which refines the decree so that EU cannot touch it.

Don't need to be anxious , amici. Calcio , Serie A always survives

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
So Serie A (except Juve) disappears, Juventus move to Madrid and beat the shit out of all Spanish Primera División teams. Me likes :cool:

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    Or, Serie A is reduced to a middle of the road league like the Portugese Superliga, and only has one entrant into the CL and Uefa cups.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Actually, Portugal has two CL berths and they almost have enough credits to receive three.

Serie A would have to fall pretty deep to end up in Europe's middle-class leagues. It's hardly likely even IF they lose the Roman teams and a couple of others.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah, Serie A can survive a small dip in CL performance - they did it for the last few years.

Besides, while Milan might be gone, their players would still be around, and most woud wind up in the next tier of Italian teams anyway. Inzagi, et al would hardly retire or move to Spain.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Actually, Portugal has two CL berths and they almost have enough credits to receive three.

Serie A would have to fall pretty deep to end up in Europe's middle-class leagues. It's hardly likely even IF they lose the Roman teams and a couple of others.

I thought Porto was the only portugese team in the CL this year.

That's right, Benfica lost against Lazio in the qualification round.

But what else is new.

Losing Roma, Lazio, Inter and especially Milan would be terrible, in my opinion. The last theing Serie A needs is another black eye.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    4. The maximum.

It's not going to happen. Trust an EU citizen on this one. Last time Brussels did anything shocking was years ago and even then it didn't have the forseen effect. Those power-horny EU officials can't get anything done when it comes down to it and NOBODY touches football in Europe.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    Well, if a team MUST be sacrificed, let it be Roma.

Then Sensi can work at the Delle Alpi selling match-day programs.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't know about that Eric. They pushed through the new transfer rules, albeit in a much more limited manner than they'd intended, and the Bosman ruling was decided in European courts, right?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I don't know about that Eric. They pushed through the new transfer rules, albeit in a much more limited manner than they'd intended, and the Bosman ruling was decided in European courts, right?
    Really? The Bosman case got to Europe? That's concerning ... Either way, Italy is one of the big four nations in Europe and they are currently president of the EU. I doubt this would get through in such a way that Serie A would indeed lose clubs.

Maybe over time so that the clubs can fix things before this rule takes effect or maybe some exception will be made or something similar.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    I have an idea, and this may sound radical.

How about these teams spend their money a little more judiciously?

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    It seems to work here in the US, despite the fact that some baseball players can make 20 million dollars a year on salary alone.

Aug 1, 2003
    i think even tho the situation seems bad surely serie a will survive, no one will let the league fall down.. (i hope) or maybe the could be like notts county, have an auction to avoid bankruptcy

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I have an idea, and this may sound radical.

How about these teams spend their money a little more judiciously?

THATS HARDCORE DUDE!!!!

WHAT A RAD IDEA!!! TO THE EXTREME!!!

no...wait.....TO THE MAX!!!!

[\\nasal west-coast surfer-boy accent]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)