[Serie A] SPAL 1-2 JUVENTUS [February 22nd, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:agree:

This reminds me of all the fapping here after we smashed Udinese B squad in Coppa. Hardly something to get all excited about. This is the dead last team in Serie A and while we won and created some good chances, we still scraped a 2-1 win in the end, leaving Dybala and Ronaldo on the pitch for the full 90 before CL away match midweek and a title clash next weekend against Inter.

Would have liked to see Dybala subbed off after the 2nd goal to rest him before the next two matches.
We are resting Higuain

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ramsey and Dybala both the best on the field for me. Ramsey NEEDS a run of games in this position, just like we did for Rabiot to get him fully acclimated to the teammates.

We played a lot better compared to previous games and should have won by more (post, crossbar, good keeper saves) but we still struggle immensely to find a way to destroy these shit teams. It’s extremely frustrating to watch.

Anyway a win is a win and at least there is no suspensions before the big game against Inter next week.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And now the season begins.
Let’s hope so.

As annoying as it is that we only won 1-2, it was a performance that left me thinking that there is much more to come from this team for the rest of the season. Some lovely team moves for the goals, more of the same and we will be fine. Less reliance on individual brilliance is always a good thing.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I hate how these provincial teams aren't scared of us and even pushing to get points like it's normal thing to do against Juve. That's because we let them. Juventus should dominate, destroy and make teams like SPAL believe that they stand no chance with 45 mins left in the game.
Actually, they play with literally zero pressure vs us because no one ever gets blamed for losing to Juve -- it helps them a lot.

Last edited:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If we hadn't conceded that penalty it would have looked a lot more like the solid performance that it was. You would think 1st should give 20th a drubbing but all things considered, we were better than we have been away from home recently.

A few important things to take away from this match with one overarching theme - balance...

4-3-3 with Cuadrado up front is the most balanced shape for this group to take. Cuadrado is a versatile wide player that can turn this 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 when we don't have the ball (ala Mandzukic).

Matuidi's work rate can't be matched. He might be a sloppy user of the ball but he more than makes up for it by covering for Ronaldo. Rabiot showed that he isn't up to that particular task. Matuidi also gives the midfield the dynamism and urgency that it needs. He's a real leader in that respect.

We leak goals without the archetypal Chiellini center half. The back four was much tighter when Demiral stood in for De Ligt not because he was necessarily better but because he balanced Bonucci. De Ligt is a Bonucci type, Rugani probably is too. Pairing them with Bonucci is an accident waiting to happen. Chiellini (and later Demiral) is hugely important to our keeping out the goals.

Sarri saw some things he can finally hang his hat on in this game if he chooses to.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Right now Ronaldo and Buffon have equaled two pretty impressive and important serie A records. If Ronaldo scores a goal against Inter and Buffon gets some minutes, that can be a memorable match.
We lead 3:0 around the 80th minute, with at least one of the three goals scored by Ronaldo, and then Gigi replaces the Pole.
A 6-pointer win in the scudetto race and two new records.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The walkie talkie penalty was really something.

JGC was awesome. A little bad luck but still 3 pts, now it's time to show of what are we made of :sarrismo:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
A much better performance than in previous games. We actually looked dangerous moving forward and created opportunities.

Hopefully, this game is the start of good things to come, both in Serie A and the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)