Serie A: Siena vs Juventus [May 4 , 2008] (7 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    I really hope we go there to win the game not to help Siena out of relegation.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    If Siena lose, they will still be one point ahead of everyone else. So, I don't think we should save them. We should play for the win.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    we have nothing to play for. Siena do, and since they are our feeder club we will probably let them draw or win this game.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Don't care much about this game anymore. The only thing I care for is Del Piero or Trezeguet getting the Capocannoniere title. Of course, I will enjoy the football show.

Looking forward to Milan, Fiorentina and Sampdoria battling it for the 4th spot though.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    i'm just now wanting us to focus on the transfer window, this wil be the most important thing for next season if we want to do well in all competitons

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Guys, what are you all talking about ?

It's us who have something to play for, not Siena.

Siena have 6 pts advantage over the relegation teams. 6 pts in 3 rounds, with the relegation teams all playing between eachother while Siena have Palermo at home (who don't need any pts at all) in the last round.
    Siena are almost theoretically save.

We on the other hand still have chances for the 2nd place.
    Don't laugh because we really do.

In next round it's Sampdoria-Roma.
    Sampdoria are 4pts behind the 4th place and you can be sure that they will fight for it, especially since the teams in front of them have tough matches next weekend. Milan play Inter while Fiorentina, only 3 days after the 2nd leg vs Rangers in UEFA, will have to travel to Sardinia to play relegation threatened Cagliari.
    Fiorentina are plain awful on away matches. They have 1-0-6 in last 7 away matches (they've beaten only Juve :p) while Cagliari are among top 6 teams in the second part of the season and they are undefeated in last 9 home mateches.
    Sampdoria have everything to play for and thus give us a great chance to fight for the second place.

We'll play for the win. It's 100% sure bet.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    I dunno were sort of in no mans land far away from fiorentina but too far away from roma to catch them. I think it'll be 3rd place for us this season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I dunno were sort of in no mans land far away from fiorentina but too far away from roma to catch them. I think it'll be 3rd place for us this season.
    Probably,
    but Juve won't be Juve if they give up before losing all the chances. As long as there is a theoretical chance, we'll fight for it.
    We play amazing football lately (4 wins out of 4 and 15 goals in last 4 matches) and there is no reason to stop now.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Probably,
    but Juve won't be Juve if they give up before losing all the chances. As long as there is a theoretical chance, we'll fight for it.
    We play amazing football lately (4 wins out of 4 and 15 goals in last 4 matches) and there is no reason to stop now.
    yeah i watched a post match interview with Camo and he was pretty intent on chasing fourth place, he said it would be hard but they would give it their best.
    I reckon if we sit back now and let teams beat or draw with us we might end up kicking ourselves if roma drop points
    @Alen what are roma's last few games and how many points do they have to drop?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    @Alen what are roma's last few games and how many points do they have to drop?
    A- Sampdoria
    H- Atalanta
    A- Catania

They must drop 5 points and we must win all our matches.

So, i was thinking this way:
    Sampdoria must beat Roma. If Sampdoria won't beat them then it will be over probably.
    If Sampdoria beat them i expect Roma to easily beat Atalanta and then in the last round we'll need Catania to take a draw in Sicilia.
    Catania are fighting against relegation and they have an incredibily tough schedule. 2 rounds before the end it's Juve-Catania. If we beat them then we'll put them in a must win situation in the last round against Roma and everything can happen.

I rate our chances at 15-20%, though

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    so that would be them loosing 1 and drawing 1 so they would be 5 off maximum then?
    Yeah.
    They must lose minimum 5 points and that's only in case we win all our matches.
    We have easy two matches though and we'll win them but the last match away to Sampdoria will be a tough one, especially if Sampdoria are still in for the 4th place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)