SERIE A: Siena - Juventus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Its better that Inter wins than Parma. Parma probably won't have very much left after this season. We need as many strong teams as possible in the CL

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
did baggio before played for liverpoool , i saw a pic , he's wearing liverpool jersey.. did he?
He started his career with Vicenza, that's the red and white striped jersey that he's wearing

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I read that our transfer target Daniele Bonera did not have a good much, as he tried to clear a Jank cross, but he directed it off his own goal's crossbar! I am not too sure about Bonera now.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
btw.. how did Viktor Boudianski play?
Just got back from the game. (The A.C. Siena matron hooked me up with a local referee who wasn't going to the game, so I got in on a referee's pass. Of course, that meant sitting in the Siena fans part of the curva -- right across of the Juve fans.)

Boudianski played alright. He had problems marking players, but he threw themself in there with a lot of effort -- something you'd expect from a youth player.

As for who had a good game? Overall, I have to give credit to the defense this time. Siena played a lot with the ball on Juve's end of the pitch, and Juve hardly made any mistakes. The defense made a lot of counterattack opportunities that resulted in a couple of goals. Ciro Ferrara might get my vote for player of the game, given his presence in the backfield and even up field.

Of course, you have to mention Miccoli for his great goal (I even caught it on video at my end of the pitch... will have to check that out) and Tudor for the play that lead to the first goal. Otherwise, I didn't note any particular standout performances.

Not sure why Appiah was in such an attacking position for the game -- at least the start -- but there he was. When Nedved came on, that changed however.

Great to get a good win under our belts. Sad to see Lippi go, but as he knew and we knew -- it was time. And while Juve should always be worried when we get excited about the Coppa Italia, Siena fans finished the game chanting "Serie A! Serie A!" How's that for setting a bar?

At the game, I watched the scoreboard in dismay over Inter ... was really pulling for Parma. But all I can say now: bring on Gila!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)