[Serie A] Sassuolo 1-3 JUVENTUS [September 17th 2017] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Dybala

• Cuadrado

• Matuidi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Am I the only one who's not impressed with the Pjanic - Matuidi midfield combo so far?

There's no doubting their individual qualities, but it sure doesn't take a whole lot for us to end up being completely exposed.
Physically it seems fairly weak combo, but it takes time perhaps. Not only is Matuidi new to Italy and it's tactical habits, new to 2 man midfield instead of his usual 3 man one, but also he needs to learn when to not drift too much, in this formation you need them to be more holding sitting role, and evaluate when to stray too much to pressure opponents as he likes to do.

He is essentially a mobile box to box player so should take time to get handle of how to move within the scheme.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Physically it seems fairly weak combo, but it takes time perhaps. Not only is Matuidi new to Italy and it's tactical habits, new to 2 man midfield instead of his usual 3 man one, but also he needs to learn when to not drift too much, in this formation you need them to be more holding sitting role, and evaluate when to stray too much to pressure opponents as he likes to do.

He is essentially a mobile box to box player so should take time to get handle of how to move within the scheme.

Any combo involving Matuidi doesn't seem physically weak to me :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Of course it's fairly early to judge this combo.
To me it just seems odd that people seem really happy with both Pjanic' & Matuidi's performances, while conveniently ignoring the apparent shortcomings.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Of course it's fairly early to judge this combo.
To me it just seems odd that people seem really happy with both Pjanic' & Matuidi's performances, while conveniently ignoring the apparent shortcomings.
It was more obvious in the Barca game, neither Pjanic nor Matuidi are tracking their marked men, it's very easy for players to ghost inbetween our lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)