[Serie A] Sassuolo 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 28th, 2015) (10 Viewers)

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
icemaη;5129522 said:
Towards the end of his game, he got a brilliant left footed pass from Bonucci and he managed to get hit on his back/neck even though he had a clear view of the ball before making the run. Summed up his season so far.
Mandzukic isn't a very creative player by himself. Our system and play does not support this guys type of game, imo. Maybe if he had a pirlo to send in pin-point passes he'd do better but this guy is a true poacher. Put the ball in the box and he'll do work, like he did in his Bayern days. I'd say hes an above average Llorente but he needs the right service to do well at Juve, which he is not getting at the moment.

For that pass, I know which one you're talking about. The ball basically surprised the shit out of him when it hit him in the back/neck and he got it under control, but as that happened, only 1-2 players were able to receive a joining pass and the play fizzled out. He needs more support to be successful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We can still win Serie-A. :boh:

i find it hard to figure out who our main contenders are/will be.
Roma and Inter will drop enough points...we just need to start winning FFS. :rolleyes:

to blame it all on the Pirlo-Vidal-Tevez loss is to easy imo,
we still have a squad that should be able to top this league.

i dont know what it is - and as much as i like max, he seems kinda clueless.
also he does to much rotation at once if you ask me.

...and

Paul-i-do-a-stupid-bunnyhop-whenever-i-do-something-stupid-and-i-do-it-quite-often-Pogba

needs to start performing like someone who requested the #10.

...and fuck them injuries. :andy2:

#MilanLab

...and Hi :hi:
Exact..

where the fuck have you been?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So what are they thinking about!? What a disgrace, loosing to freaking Sassuolo. I have no words.
What a terrible fan you are! Why don't you say anything? Learn a thing or two about supporting your club...or is it really your club? I am sure it isn't.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it's pretty sad that this statement stands for many of our players. i think i wouldn't bring conte back, but he was the one who fired all average guys up so much that the motivation kept them at optimal performance level. we'd need somebody with the same motivation skills.
Teams and players are always better motivated, but with players like Mandzukic it is such a big part of his game he just simply isn't good enough without it. Unless we are continually getting the ball in the box and he manages to do something now and again, which we aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

So what are they thinking about!? What a disgrace, loosing to freaking Sassuolo. I have no words.
You make Sassuolo sound like a pub team, which they definitely are not, so I disagree there. But the manner of defeat was disgraceful.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Had a feel about it similar to the match against Napoli. Complete lack of focus resulting in piss poor passing and silly challenges.
Must admit that I don't remember that match exactly but as far as I remember we played better against Napoli then yesterday,if "playing better" is the right word for yesterday's display.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Mandzukic isn't a very creative player by himself. Our system and play does not support this guys type of game, imo. Maybe if he had a pirlo to send in pin-point passes he'd do better but this guy is a true poacher. Put the ball in the box and he'll do work, like he did in his Bayern days. I'd say hes an above average Llorente but he needs the right service to do well at Juve, which he is not getting at the moment.

For that pass, I know which one you're talking about. The ball basically surprised the $#@! out of him when it hit him in the back/neck and he got it under control, but as that happened, only 1-2 players were able to receive a joining pass and the play fizzled out. He needs more support to be successful.
I think that he is playing bad. Plain and simple.

How come that Zaza, a player who doesnt have the pedigree or experience mandzukic has, and who is arguably bad......can put a better effort than mandzukic?.

This is not about crosses or what else... is about a primary will to do things, to be eager.

Mandzukic has none of it... he has been a real failure.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Zaza has the mentality to demonstarte at least...to try. mandzukic is like he takes all fro granted and waste as much as zaza..but without the effort.

Dont get me wrong.. i hate the Zaza deal to the bones... but its at least pleasant to see that everytime the guy goes in... he doesnt give a damn and tries his best, and sacrifices even when it leads us to nowhere.

At least i appreciate his effort to try to change things.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Just heard interesting programme on radio sportiva. Juve main subject with plenty of fans and haters phoning in. About the ref, one of the conductors said "with Juve so low you get the impression refs are penalising them so that they can tell the world : hey we are not scared of pissing off a Big Team like Juve. An ex-ref replied that there is that risk. .. do we have to actually expect worse then last night?!?!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just heard interesting programme on radio sportiva. Juve main subject with plenty of fans and haters phoning in. About the ref, one of the conductors said "with Juve so low you get the impression refs are penalising them so that they can tell the world : hey we are not scared of pissing off a Big Team like Juve. An ex-ref replied that there is that risk. .. do we have to actually expect worse then last night?!?!
Actually we saw that a lot in those 7th placed seasons. Seen it the same with Milan being shit these past years. When you are flying regardless of who you are you get a little more from refs, that subliminal conditioning that they don't want to give too much that could affect title contenders. When you are scrapping around you might as well be another provincial team.

Yesterday Gervasoni was just inept, you could see it inside 15 minutes. But you could also see that he didn't care at all what any Juve player said to him, and that seemed to irritate us further.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well that game has to go down as a huge collective failure.

Juve made no effort whatsoever to adjust to the very difficult conditions. You aren't going to win in those conditions by trying to play the ball out slowly through defence and midfield and then rely on precision play in the final third. It's just too hard to play that way in the wet and you end up taking unnecessary risks.

You have to accept the difficult conditions and play a more territorial game and put pressure on the opposition to force mistakes and make it as hard as possible for them to put pressure on you.

Juve's defensive line was far, far too deep and that allowed Sassuolo to play too much of the game in Juve's half. There is no great risk in playing a high line in those conditions because, as we saw when Juve tried to play behind Sassuolo's high line, as soon as the ball touches the surface it skids quickly away and will go out of play or through to the keeper.

Juve also needed to play longer to avoid inviting Sassuolo to put pressure on the midfield. I felt sorry for Lemina and Sturaro - two players who are not technically gifted and who haven't played much in the last few weeks - having to deal with the situation they were put in in the first half. Juve should have played long to Mandzukic and then let the midfield follow up behind and try to win the loose balls and put pressure on Sassuolo higher up the pitch.

Though one has to question whether anything good would have come from playing long to Mandzukic. What has happened to the guy? when he was playing for previous clubs he would always be combative and work a defence, even if he wasn't playing well. Now he just looks extraordinarily tame and passive. Arguments can be made about him and Juve being a good match in terms of playing style, but there is no excuse for the lack of fight he showed.

And that leads on to Juve as a whole being out-fought in the first half. You much accept that games in those conditions are going to be a battle and just get on with it. If Juve had shown half as much aggression towards Sassuolo as they did to the referee in the first half, the result may well have been different. Instead it was a textbook petulant display from a big club who isn't as up for the game as they should be.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No matter what the referee calls or not, that doesn't change one bit how we played like crap yesterday. Enough with making referees scapegoats for everything that goes right or wrong for Juve.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
No matter what the referee calls or not, that doesn't change one bit how we played like crap yesterday. Enough with making referees scapegoats for everything that goes right or wrong for Juve.
That's not the point. I was very critical of the Team last night and on previous games. That doesnt mean we cannot criticize a poor performance by Gervasoni if even Corriere dello Sport aka ASRoma house organ says he missed a clear penalty, two red cards for Sassuolo and the call on Chiellini was rather harsh

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Instead of spending 40m on Dybala we should have donated 40m to FIGC so they can get the very best referees and give them the very best training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)