Serie A: Sampdoria vs Juventus [May 17, 2008] (2 Viewers)

Oct 3, 2004
I could only watch the highlights- the extended ones (thanks to Juventuz :D)

Del Piero's goal was a such a neat play. Nedved seemed to have a good game, and it looked like Juve were attacking alot, eventually translated into a deserved lead. Momo was a usual beast in midfield too.

Stendardo looked like he got taken to the cleaners by Cassano. Actually, he's not Juve-material, and I hope that is the last we've seen of him.

Del Piero's substitution seemed to upset him. He tossed the armband over and shook his head in disapproval. But then saluted the fans afterwards, so that was cool.

Who knows? Maybe a secret call from Donadoni to Ranieri, "Hey get him off, I'm taking him with me to Zurigo I can't risk injury for his final 15 minutes of fame!"

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Del Piero's goal was a such a neat play. Nedved seemed to have a good game, and it looked like Juve were attacking alot, eventually translated into a deserved lead. Momo was a usual beast in midfield too.

Stendardo looked like he got taken to the cleaners by Cassano. Actually, he's not Juve-material, and I hope that is the last we've seen of him.

Del Piero's substitution seemed to upset him. He tossed the armband over and shook his head in disapproval. But then saluted the fans afterwards, so that was cool.

Who knows? Maybe a secret call from Donadoni to Ranieri, "Hey get him off, I'm taking him with me to Zurigo I can't risk injury for his final 15 minutes of fame!"
You can't judge a defender off of how little we have seen of him especially from getting beat by Cassano. Cassano made our whole defense look silly so should we ditch Chiellini to? It is unfair to judge any defender from how they play against such a talented guy.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006

MOMO had one of his worst games as a juve player, i hope he doesnt loose faith and starts playing bad on a consistant basis.'

My favourite player on that pitch other than DP was tiago argue all you want but this guy is class.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
MOMO had one of his worst games as a juve player, i hope he doesnt loose faith and starts playing bad on a consistant basis.'

My favourite player on that pitch other than DP was tiago argue all you want but this guy is class.

Momo hasnt been quite himself for the pass few games, i dunt know wether its lack of motivation or the earlier performance was just hype. I hope he plays better regularly and not on off on certain occasions.

Oct 3, 2004

In the highlights, during the first half, there was a Juve chance where a player cut from out wide on the right wing, and managed to get inside the box. It was a spectacular move, unfortunately the finish didn't end up in goal...

Can't remember who it was, but I'd thought it was Momo, actually.

By the way - "Ahlen!" Cyril!!! Looks like more Lebanese Juventini are invading this place! :p

Oct 3, 2004
You can't judge a defender off of how little we have seen of him especially from getting beat by Cassano. Cassano made our whole defense look silly so should we ditch Chiellini to? It is unfair to judge any defender from how they play against such a talented guy.
Well I'm not judging based solely on this game, and surely I wouldn't apply the same to Chiellini getting beaten- on the contrary Chiellini has consistently shown how solid he is in the CB position. Of course, every defender can get beaten at some point or the other in a match, not denying that...

But regarding Stendardo in particular, I just don't think he's a player of Juve's calibre. He hasn't shown anything spectacular. And the price tag Lazio proposed to us...no need to comment :disagree:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well I'm not judging based solely on this game, and surely I wouldn't apply the same to Chiellini getting beaten- on the contrary Chiellini has consistently shown how solid he is in the CB position. Of course, every defender can get beaten at some point or the other in a match, not denying that...

But regarding Stendardo in particular, I just don't think he's a player of Juve's calibre. He hasn't shown anything spectacular. And the price tag Lazio proposed to us...no need to comment :disagree:
i agree that asked for way to much but I really doubt that they expect to get more than half of what they are asking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)