[Serie A] Sampdoria - Juventus (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
2. The penalty not warded to Sampdoria - It was obviously a clean tackle by Cannavaro, and the ref wrongly awarded a penalty, but much respect to him for discussing it with the linesman, who had a better view, and overruling himself.
No doubt about it. Thing I liked is that all our boys were vexed when the ref called it a pen. It shows the hunger in this team and the passion to keep it no goals against. Mentally we are improving and the team looks tight. The player that I gotta big up the most is Blasi. The mans got legs:D Nothing gets by him, he has bad pace and excellent control of what hes doing. He never looks lost. He plays in a tough position where its easy to give the ball away but he looked on point. Del Piero scored a pen but I wanted to see him have more efforts on goal, saying that our team created little but scored when the chances were created, Nedved sweet play for the Zlatan goal, Trez hes back, the finish was supreme and he played like the old Trez, hopefully we will create more for him next game cause hes on hot form.I said it was gonna be boring cause Samp dont give much away at the back so 3-0 looks like we outplayed them but the play was even, the class was the difference. I love our defensive style and our passion to not concede goals, opposite to Inter who are playing quite offensive footy which will lead to goals against. Its not easy on the eye watchin Juve probally for most but I love this style. Its wins games and hopefully the CL. ez

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
FOrza! Juve!
I didn't get to see the game but I'm very pleased to hear US win again!

About our striker situation, I read on all the reviews that DP played badly tonight, although I didn't watch I could imagine.

I'd have to back "Zlatan" on this, we are fans of Juventus. Juve is not DP but DP is JUVE! The club is bigger than any player. DP isn't performing and rightly they should look to youngsters. NOw I don't hate DP but he has recieved many opportunities to perform but hasn't. It happened to Baggio, (which was my fav player) sad as it was, but Juve were right.
I just have hopes that Juve will be best in the world, so either DP retains his form, or he can make way for Ibra and other youngsters who can use the experience!

Coz it seems to me that we've been lacking in this department, we just don't look all that creative, creating chances. Our forwards have not been excellent for a long time. I kno that a great juve defense was what won us the scudetto last time, so looking at this team, I think we have a great opportunity.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
we can't be fool by the scoreline, juve wasn't very impressive, but we can think on the other side, juve didn't play well and still able to beat the team by 3 goals, i can't imagine how well they would be if everyone's being on their top of the game.

dp is disappointed again.....although he is my favourite, i am starting to lose patient....:down:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
We are getting great results, better than the other clubs, but our form does need to improve. Also, we have collected nine points against three teams that combined only have one point! so, I can't get too excited.

Juve-VN

Aug 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
we can't be fool by the scoreline, juve wasn't very impressive, but we can think on the other side, juve didn't play well and still able to beat the team by 3 goals, i can't imagine how well they would be if everyone's being on their top of the game.

dp is disappointed again.....although he is my favourite, i am starting to lose patient....:down:
I think we played this match much better than the match against Atalanta and we could clearly see our superiority throughout the match (please remember that we were playing on Sampdoria's ground)...

Regarding DP, I hope he will shine in the forthcoming CL game...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
So many people are trashing the referee Dondarini. He did let the players get away with too much crap and he should have taken better control at times, but the bottom line is he got the calls absolutely right.

The main calls: 1. The penalty awarded to Juve - I did not see it as a penalty at first, but the tv showed the replay many times, and after seeing it for the third time it was clear that Emo was rugby tackled in the middle of the pack. Much respect to the ref for spotting it in live action. Clearly a penalty.

2. The penalty not warded to Sampdoria - It was obviously a clean tackle by Cannavaro, and the ref wrongly awarded a penalty, but much respect to him for discussing it with the linesman, who had a better view, and overruling himself.
Exactly what I said......

Your 100% correct Pado

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Goals anyone please??

I cant wait , well we should give DP a little more time . Big stars take a long time to get their groove back.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i never concetrate much on match last night..damn i hate midweek games..they start at 3.30 in the morning.. i was soo sleepy i decided to stop watching several minutes after del piero was subbed anticipating it would only be a 1-0 match :wallbang:

anyway ..from what i saw

del piero and camoranesi were again dissapointing.. i dunno how much lower can i adjust my standard for them both... for del piero, i expect him to do as low as nothing these days.. even one single shot on goal would have been a greatly pleasent suprise ....:sigh:.... everytime he make any moves there just isnt written SHOT ON GOAL all over it... as if he would already be satisfied if he can get past the first person and fouled by the next...
and for camo, i dun understand Cappelo's mind games here....its obvious Olivera would have been more influantial in 10 minutes than Camoranesi would in the whole 80.... is he trying to build Olivera' hunger or something????

i also still have reserved opinion about Blasi.... i understand that you people were impressed coz he was tackling all people all over the place... but in the bigger picture it doest really make our central midfield more solid... i prefer Tacchinardi's style more where he move in stealth and just be there at the bottle neck where the opponent would attack... and i buffled why some poeple criticise Tacchinardi's fouling but they praise Blasi all the way to the moon... i myself thinks its very important for defensive midfielders to fouls opponents from time to time to break their attack... but Blasi's fouls were horrific... i dunno how to put it right but i admire how Tacchinardi fouls players and i think he is a very great fouler... he fouls people everytime when its necessery ... and he did it with nothing malicous at all...totaly tactical fouls...
and he hardly receive yellow card for them , let alone red cards...
in the end its the team who receive the benefit.... Blasi is kinda like Del Piero in a sence , receiving a lot of balls, please the crowd, but in the end not really bring a general benefit to the team... i admire Tacchinardi and Trezeguet type.... their contribution is more stealth and unnoticed but more influetial and effective in terms of results....

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
oh my god, what a pretty night !

0 - 3 against samp in genova !! that's just like a dream !!
our defense is unbeatable and our attacker are unstoppable !!

cannavaro is still one of the best cb all around the world. but don't forget people as thuram and zebina. i was very sceptical as we bought zebina, but till now he's a great solution for the right-back ! and also thuram is much better in the central than as a right-back !!

of course also our middlefield do a fantastic job !

now we have to play against palermo on sunday !

FORZA JUVE
FORZA JUVE:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I only saw highlights of the game , it seems we controled the game , solid defence , midfield and attack is doing what they suppose to do .
nedved , trez , dp and zlatan are untopable
forza juve:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)