[Serie A] Sampdoria - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
in contrary to many I gave him 5.5 for his performance during the
game and not an agenda of I hate DP and I will cheer anyone as long as he can play instead of DP!

He had the PK and then nothing more... I.e. the AJAX game he was always
there to find and could start setting up a possible attack...

But today, a disappointing performance!!!

Arif! ;)
lol, I think Camo had one of those days where he made more good than bad, he earned that 6.0

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by genesio ] ++
yea ZLATAN DONT SAY SUCH A THING

i love yoy favorite soccerplayer ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC I REALLY LOVE HIM but to say such a thing about DELPIERO that's an unsult

Delpiero is the man i would be very VERY happy if zlatan plays like half as good for juventus as delpiero played for juventus

Who said Zlatan was my favourite football player?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

This comment may well be justifiable, but if you don't mind me asking, how many Juve games have you seen this season Z? You know alot about football, and you definitely know that goals aren't everything.

Zlatan sucked against Ajax and Atalanta, Trezeguet was invisible for most of today's game and the Brescia game, DP disappointed against Brescia and sucked today. All three strikers have had their off days. If you're going to cut Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet some slack then do the same for Del Piero.

I do know that. And you know that I'm not saying this only because of this game, or these first few games of the season. I've been saying this for a year now, we need to be giving younger players the chance to prove themselves. It's not just about Zlatan, it was the same with Mico or Diva, we cant afford to keep playing Alex over and over again altho he hasnt produced anything special for years now and he's approaching the end of his career. He's been in the first team based on past merit for too long now, we have to give younger players the chance. Del Piero got it with Baggio, I just want to see it happen again. Del Piero's time with Juve is over.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #649
    Bullshit. DP had two very successful seasons in 01-02 and 02-03, but I guess he should've been benched for someone younger then too, right? Players should be selected based on their performances and though Del Piero hasn't started the season brilliantly, Zlatan hasn't been better. And the "he's nearing the end of his career" thing is shite. Does it matter how old he is? Does it matter how many years he has left in him? No, what matters is what he does when he steps out onto the pitch.

PS. I'm sure that this is merely coincidental, but Zlatan has scored both of his goals as a substitute. He was poor in both games that he started.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Hey... anybody has the goals on video?

Nekton? :D

This is what I read at goal.com. So DP looked really crappy?

Juventus took advantage of Milan’s slip as they easily won 3-0 against a Sampdoria side who has now lost all three games of the season and lie dangerously in last place in Serie A. Capello’s side took an early lead thanks to a hotly contested penalty transformed by Del Piero (in his first away goal since January 2003) who disappointed once again throughout the match before being substituted in the second half by Ibrahimovic. The Swedish forward did not need much time as nearly the first ball he touched he turned into a goal in the 69th minute. Three minutes from time Trezeguet sealed the result with a well taken volley from inside the penalty area to keep Juve’s 100% record intact and the bianconeri’s defence still unbeaten.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    So many people are trashing the referee Dondarini. He did let the players get away with too much crap and he should have taken better control at times, but the bottom line is he got the calls absolutely right.

The main calls: 1. The penalty awarded to Juve - I did not see it as a penalty at first, but the tv showed the replay many times, and after seeing it for the third time it was clear that Emo was rugby tackled in the middle of the pack. Much respect to the ref for spotting it in live action. Clearly a penalty.

2. The penalty not warded to Sampdoria - It was obviously a clean tackle by Cannavaro, and the ref wrongly awarded a penalty, but much respect to him for discussing it with the linesman, who had a better view, and overruling himself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Its far to early in the season to decide who should start, Del Piero or Ibrahimovic. I must say I haven't been impressed so far with Del Piero, but then again Zlatan hasn't really impressed like you said Stu. I think this rotation system that Capello seems to be using is wise, just for the purpose of finding out the right combinations. But once that important match comes along, i.e. knockout stage Champions League, Capello is gonna have to make a decision.

If that match was, lets say tomorrow, I would start Del Piero. The reason being Zlatan seems to be great off the bench, while dispointing starting. Until Zlatan shows us something from the start, he will have to give way to Del Piero.

Now once Zlatan gets his act together, he will show a form that will be superior to Del Piero's. Saying this, Zlatan should undoubtedly start the matches. If/when Zlatan becomes the player he's supposed to be, thats when our beloved Captain will have to take a supporting role, from the bench. Could be sooner rather than later.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    The season is just starting............... and there is room for the 3 players to show what they have.
    In djurgadren game, DP was very very lively. Zlatan had a good first game against Brescia but a very mediocre performance against Atalanta. Trez has been not so good but the guy scores, always. Lets wait a little more.

I couldnt whatch the gam becaus ei got confused :(...ESPN said it was tomorrow..... and i went to see mi sister playing in her school...when i got home..... my uncle said "hey juve won 3-0"....... i was so mad :fero:

anyways... it seems ESPN will show the game tomorrow

Good to see our 3 strikers score!! and above all,,,our defence performing well, which was our main problm last year.

About Zlatan´s comment about DP.. ok i got ur idea,, and i understand perfectly ur reasons to prefer DP to be subbed.Very Logical indeed and is your opinion. Ur fault here was the way u said "SCREW DP" with some authority u know.. the people reacted at ur expression. Next time do it in a more calmly way, remember that here always will be membeers that love DP and will react about those kind of things, even when maybe what u are saying is true.
    There are a lot of ways to expres urself :thumb:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Pado, which channel did you watch the game on?
    Gol TV, Channel 407 on Dish Network.

@Fabi - Ibrahimovic has been fine, but not great. None of the forwards have been great, and this is what must be expected so early in the season. But, they are all scoring goals, so no sense in complaining.

Sep 2, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Bullshit. DP had two very successful seasons in 01-02 and 02-03, but I guess he should've been benched for someone younger then too, right? Players should be selected based on their performances and though Del Piero hasn't started the season brilliantly, Zlatan hasn't been better. And the "he's nearing the end of his career" thing is shite. Does it matter how old he is? Does it matter how many years he has left in him? No, what matters is what he does when he steps out onto the pitch.

PS. I'm sure that this is merely coincidental, but Zlatan has scored both of his goals as a substitute. He was poor in both games that he started.
    i agree 100%
    u the man

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    hey i dont want to read 33 pages sorry but does anyone have a link to the goals??

i missed the game i was at school :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)