SERIE A: Sampdoria - Juventus (24 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:D he is not homer simpson, is appiah!!

BTW, after seeing the reaplay of the conte´s goal.. i feel very happy for him-..

he enjoyed that goal sop much.. his celebration was cool! :cool:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Im just glad Juve pulled that off

^^^ Buffon on the ground after he was hit in the head by a can. Damn Sampdoria fans.

"I'm ok but it hurt real bad. It happens a lot lately but I'm lucky because they miss me most of the time. Those people are ignorant. Only in Italy things like that happen. In Spain, the person responsible gets thrown out of the stadium by other fans, instead here they support him."

- thats what he said

thats pretty stupid imo. Spain is just as bad... Cell Phones, Pig Heads anyone ? Its just an unfortunate incident.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
what is it with idiot fans and cans?? The same thing happend last night in the spanish La liga but it didn't it a player it hit the linesmen.

GET THE IDIOTS OUT OF THE STADIUM

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
So did he just throw a normal aersol can at buffon? did he shot it? or just throw it? Thats really stupid.

Anyways, i watched the game, but didnt see that part. Nedved was great, two fantastic assists and conte shocked me with is good display. Juve are getting better and better by the day and this game is nothing but good news for the team. Thanks for the goals and reviews all.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
:D he is not homer simpson, is appiah!!

BTW, after seeing the reaplay of the conte´s goal.. i feel very happy for him-..

he enjoyed that goal sop much.. his celebration was cool! :cool:
Go Conte!:star:
Good goal by Camo as well...hmm, and Nedved who creates the assists for both!:thumb:

Phuiffh, such tough match...and I could see on Lippi's face after Trefoloni blew the whistle, my bro said "phew, it's over...Lippi looks very relieved".
Yep, it was pretty thrilling, Lippi substituted Ale and Trez with two defender (Luca Pesotto and Mark Iuliano) but il samp players still messed up our defence. But yes, 3 points is finally in our hand!:star:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I really love Conte's passion. I can see that he's not only happy that he scored a goal for himself... this guy really loves Juve. Remember that goal against Man Utd. in semi-final leg 1?

Respect

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I just saw the goals.. thanx IceBlue.. :thumb:

I wonder where were DP & trez..??

Buffon.. samp's goal is 90% his fault..

Nedved..!! .............. (fill in blanks)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
just wanna congaratulate hydde on his masterpiece....:D

picasso in the making...? :p

i just saw the highlights, who the f&^k was singing in the background? :wallbang: my ear still hurts.....:LOL:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What more can we ask for? Good result and believe me sooner or later Roma & Milan will start feeling the pressure. Am hoping that we come february & we shall be red hot.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I really love Conte's passion. I can see that he's not only happy that he scored a goal for himself... this guy really loves Juve. Remember that goal against Man Utd. in semi-final leg 1?

Respect
Oh yes, it was in 1998-1999 if I am not mistaken :)
It ended 1-1 (Giggsy scored for MU) but that match was really great cos we played without Ale and Pippo. A credit points for Zizou, even he played with banded knee he was a hero on that match!:star: (I am glad to have him and Nedved in Juventus, two of best players that Juventus ever have :angel: )

One more goal that I remember from Conte, his fantastic goal when Italy played againts Turkey in the opening match of Euro 2000!
We won 2-1 (Pippo scored the other goal for Italy), brilliant!:thumb:
I am happy for Conte and his increase performance, he always shown that he's one of Juventus important player.;)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
An important win for juve to keep the pressure on Roma , The important role as always was done by NEDVED who created the two goals , i see some improvement from dp who must have scored near the open goal.
also conte was good , but the always standing watching player was trez who i dont know till when he will be watching the game and not playing as a real striker.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the samp game was such a tense one.conte and montero could've gotten sent off if the ref was stricter in the first half.
here's my two cents on the players:

i thought a draw would've been a fair result,and buffon nearly gifted them that.what an error.if you come off your line,you've got to get the ball in your arms or out of the penalty box-and he did neither..5.0

montero had an average game,letting the sampdoria offence stroll past him a couple of times but defended like a rock for most of the time.6.0

ferrara played like he was seventeen,cutting out all of the aerial threat that volpi and co. posed 90% of the time.7.5

zambro and biri had decent games as well.6.5

conte looked a little lethargic in the last 20min but was a consistently present character in our defence and offence.good finish as well for the goal.7.0

nedved created both our goals and as usual was our heart and soul in offence and deserved to be man of the match.8.0

camoranesi was taken off too early imo,he provided alot of creativity to our play and terrorized their defence.he took his goal well too.7.5

dep piero and trezeguet hardly played a part in the match and del piero missed a point blank chance i'd have expected him to take with minimal fuss.sure,it wasn't as easy as it looked,but still......5.5,5.5

all in all,we were lucky to have taken all three points.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Great match and tremendous atmosphere and both sided played very well
I just wish we stop playing well initially then relax and let the other team into the game

The game was marred for me by Flacchis annoying behavious of always going to ground and Volpi's constant protests

Buffon was alright but did make a silly error which led to the goal whilst he made a very good point blank save from Flacchi's header towards the end of the game but still not the MVP of last season though 6

Birrindelli solid rather than spectacular better defendin that going forward 6

Zambrotta was eacxtly the opposite as his defending was pants yerterday while he was so much better going forward 6

Ferrara was alright but I do feel he gets away with way too much from the referees as every single time he and Bazzani went up for a ball , he was given the decision by the referee which annoyed the home crowd 6

Montero surely his best display this season as he stopped almost everything going his way , he was almost like the Montero of old and I was really impressed by him and so were the commentators 7

Camoranesi was at his brilliant best and was unlucky to be sacrificed early as Lippi felt we were been attacked too easily from the left hand side, skills and tricks in abundance, opened the defence up with some good passes, tends to overelaborate a touch at times but he was very good, sadly this Camoranesi does not turn up too often 7

Conte was absolutely brilliant, won almost every tackle in the midfield supported the attack very well and protected the defence brilliantly. I n short Conte has been the only central midfielder who like to get into the box to score crucial goals and he did again yesterday. In fact the Eurosport commentator kept calling him Dp. He was the best player on the pitch 8

Nedved was everywhere and attacked brilliantly and defended very well as well , had a hand in both goals as his clever back heel set up Conte 7.5

Dp started off like a house on fire as he went past players for fun, and showed real appetite for the game but then he goes and misses an absolute sitter and for that I am taking off a point He was always closely marked and at times surrounded by 2 to 3 players but he still kept the ball well 6

Trez to be fair showed a willingness to work and took more touches than he normally does and helped as well in the defence but as an attacking threat he was nonexistent and missed 2 good chances, the first set up by Dp and Nedved and the second he completely missed his kick when Dp had gone past Conte to set him up5.5

Appiah, although a bit better than his recent dislays, still not good enough for a player whose job is to take over from Davids as hisrange of passes was poor and he gave the ball away sometimes beyond belief. Good enegy though and his battle with Volpi was good but he was totally eclipsed by Conte 6

All in all was good performance against a spirited but inferior team, the left hand side of our midfield is completely void and a better player than the average Zenoni would have exploited the amount of space better
I would not be very happy to see Ferrara and Montero as our central defenders as Ferrara is always late in the tackle and in Europe they would not hesitate to book him or even send him off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)