SERIE A: Sampdoria - Juventus (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Be prepared to hear a lot of moaning by Incubo about Juve's goal
After watching the goal in question my conclusion is that...it was a valid goal. The issue in question was Nedved before his cross had put his leg out infront of the Samp defender and with his cleats abnormaly high got the ball in a clash with the defender. After seeing the replay a few times its not clear it was a foul. Secondly, the Samp defender was not 100% innocent as he too had his leg a tad HIGH. That said, Samp still protested becauset the Samp player got the "raw end" of the collision and tumbled. Still I don't see it as a blatant AS IN THE PAST. In my opinion, no foul.

The real officiating MIS-HAP was the Roma match. Perugia had one CLEAR take down in the box by Roma (Chivu's replacement) which was so obvious I assume the official was not watching the action. In another incident the Roma keeper was on his back and with the threat of an attacker in front of him he trapped him with his legs causing the attacker to fall when the ball was about a foot and half in front of him. Roma really was lucky yesterday. They played one of their worse games and came away with a tie.

Milan: kaka's first goal....like most Brazilians he makes them look easy. He could have scored a third but was taken down in the box..Pirlo converted.
His second goal was sheer luck. He received a pass....it was intercepted and the clearance shot hit him in the hips and it went in.

Juve: Over-all Nedved, Camo and Zamb towards the end impressed me. Del Piero...created space and flashed his old self but didn't quite "cut it".
Besides Montero the D was caught off guard on many occasions. Birindelli made a disastrous play which could have easily cost them the game. (tie). Ferrara is getting away with too many fouls. When he plays as he does Lippi should just let him cool off. He risks being sent off. Montero proved me wrong...he picked up his game but not to what it was last season. Still, the D situation is far from resolved. IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
Whatever else you say about Conte, he always gives 100%. He rolled back the years yesterday with a super all round performance. Sometimes it's nice to have a lifelong Juventus supporter actually playing in the team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
@ hyde: :LOL: at the drawing :thumb: is that Nedved and Zambro at the botom right? :D

:LOL: they are nedved and xambrotta :D

just wanna congaratulate hydde on his masterpiece....

picasso in the making...?

i just saw the highlights, who the f&^k was singing in the background? my ear still hurts.....
Thanks dudette :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Great match and tremendous atmosphere and both sided played very well
I just wish we stop playing well initially then relax and let the other team into the game

The game was marred for me by Flacchis annoying behavious of always going to ground and Volpi's constant protests

Buffon was alright but did make a silly error which led to the goal whilst he made a very good point blank save from Flacchi's header towards the end of the game but still not the MVP of last season though 6

Birrindelli solid rather than spectacular better defendin that going forward 6

Zambrotta was eacxtly the opposite as his defending was pants yerterday while he was so much better going forward 6

Ferrara was alright but I do feel he gets away with way too much from the referees as every single time he and Bazzani went up for a ball , he was given the decision by the referee which annoyed the home crowd 6

Montero surely his best display this season as he stopped almost everything going his way , he was almost like the Montero of old and I was really impressed by him and so were the commentators 7

Camoranesi was at his brilliant best and was unlucky to be sacrificed early as Lippi felt we were been attacked too easily from the left hand side, skills and tricks in abundance, opened the defence up with some good passes, tends to overelaborate a touch at times but he was very good, sadly this Camoranesi does not turn up too often 7

Conte was absolutely brilliant, won almost every tackle in the midfield supported the attack very well and protected the defence brilliantly. I n short Conte has been the only central midfielder who like to get into the box to score crucial goals and he did again yesterday. In fact the Eurosport commentator kept calling him Dp. He was the best player on the pitch 8

Nedved was everywhere and attacked brilliantly and defended very well as well , had a hand in both goals as his clever back heel set up Conte 7.5

Dp started off like a house on fire as he went past players for fun, and showed real appetite for the game but then he goes and misses an absolute sitter and for that I am taking off a point He was always closely marked and at times surrounded by 2 to 3 players but he still kept the ball well 6

Trez to be fair showed a willingness to work and took more touches than he normally does and helped as well in the defence but as an attacking threat he was nonexistent and missed 2 good chances, the first set up by Dp and Nedved and the second he completely missed his kick when Dp had gone past Conte to set him up5.5

Appiah, although a bit better than his recent dislays, still not good enough for a player whose job is to take over from Davids as hisrange of passes was poor and he gave the ball away sometimes beyond belief. Good enegy though and his battle with Volpi was good but he was totally eclipsed by Conte 6

All in all was good performance against a spirited but inferior team, the left hand side of our midfield is completely void and a better player than the average Zenoni would have exploited the amount of space better
I would not be very happy to see Ferrara and Montero as our central defenders as Ferrara is always late in the tackle and in Europe they would not hesitate to book him or even send him off

yeah, the camo display was top class.... and he did the same in the few minutes he played in the gagainst parma (i think). In that game he did very well too, so i thought that it would be a good choice to let him play against samp..

well he did very good dribbles... and i rate him alongside Del Piero, the best dribblers in the team.

Take a look at the past he did to nedved, before the back heel........ good vision there!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah Camo is great WHEN he has a good day, cos on his off days he is terrible.

Btw the matcch you're referring to is probably against Lecce not Parma.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
First of all, THANK YOU ANTONIO CONTE

Many people on this forum critisize some who are a bit pessimistic of the way our Juve have been playing.

I predicted a 2-1 win for Juve, and stated that this game would not be pretty. Some of our fellow forumers consider this to be pessism, BUT ITS REALITY !!!!!

I'm not too impressed with our performance- mainly with the defense. Lets take a look at our starting defense :

Zamby- one of the BEST left-backs in the business, no question

Montero- has only some skill and dirty play left to give. When the opposing forward beats the offsides trap, he doesnt have the speed to catch him. His marking is also questionable, not too mention he's old

Ferrara- about the same as Montero (minus the dirty play), but has better skill.

Birindelli- has speed, but sub-par defensive skill. Flachi burned him too many times (one resulted in a goal, the other was a just miss). If Flachi beats him that badly, imagine what a Van Nistleroy or Ronaldo would do....

This defense will NOT, and I repeat WILL NOT win us SHITE !!!!!

Letter to Mr. Moggi- I would have taken Appiah's money and added it to Davids paycheck, and let Appiah go on a free transfer !!!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Did Appiah play that bad? He's shown that he can be useful in a handful of games... :down: I like Appiah.

The thing about Nedved's winning of the ball for Camo's goal is that he didn't have his studs towards the player... I don't think it was particularly dangerous

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Did Appiah play that bad? He's shown that he can be useful in a handful of games... :down: I like Appiah.

The thing about Nedved's winning of the ball for Camo's goal is that he didn't have his studs towards the player... I don't think it was particularly dangerous
at first i couldnt stand appiah, as it was clear from his acquisition that davids' days were numbered.

but then again he's not that bad. give him time. he's young, nye?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
After watching the goal in question my conclusion is that...it was a valid goal. The issue in question was Nedved before his cross had put his leg out infront of the Samp defender and with his cleats abnormaly high got the ball in a clash with the defender. After seeing the replay a few times its not clear it was a foul. Secondly, the Samp defender was not 100% innocent as he too had his leg a tad HIGH. That said, Samp still protested becauset the Samp player got the "raw end" of the collision and tumbled. Still I don't see it as a blatant AS IN THE PAST. In my opinion, no foul.
Thank you for clearing this up as I had only one chance to see the replay. Something happened to the RAI moviola .....

Aug 1, 2003
OHMYGOD life is so busy atm!!!!!!
well anyway, I watched the highlights of the match and I could not believe Del Piero's miss :shocked: how it was possible I would not know, but that's the beauty (the ugly?) of football

I liked Camo's goal- and his celebration
I especially liked the build up for our second goal... and who woulda thought, its the old man Conte :D

and..umm... I thought appiah played kinda ok, but then I might be wrong.

and we should all thank God for Gigi Buffon's presence.
well, thats all for now.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

and..umm... I thought appiah played kinda ok, but then I might be wrong.
Hard to say (i was very happy, when we signed him), but Appiah isn't seems to be a player of Juve caliber. He isn't just too slow, and turns like a tanker, but he gives away far too many balls in dangerous situations. I guess it wasn't just me who saw that before Samp scored, Appiah headed the ball from the box towards the middle of the pitch (afaik it's a kinda mistake even a primavera shouldn't make). Just hope he can improve.

bye-bye Edgar, I'll miss you so much, just hope the team wont.

togon

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Well i saw the match,and i think we performed pretty well.
Once again Nedved made the diference!He is a genious!!!I love him!:fero::cool::cheesy:
I am happy for Alex,he was trying all the game,i saw his will to win again,it just wasn't his day,and yeah he missed some easy chances,but since his injury he is starting to look better.:angel:
I don't know why u criticise Appiah he had a fine game,:confused:
Conte was amazing!:cheesy:
Camo was also great!:cheesy:
And the defence looked more solid this time!:angel:
So a win in a tough place against a good team!:cool:
FORZA JUVE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)