SERIE A: Sampdoria - Juventus (32 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
OMG!What a great news!!!
They started to show the SERIE-A here in Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!:extatic::extatic::extatic:
I already watched Roma-Milan!
Well i'm so happy!!!!!!!!!
The last match i saw in the serie-a live was the one on 5.5.02 when we took the scudetto at friuli!!!:party: (Memories!!!:touched::extatic: ).....
FINALLY!
yeah it's so great :extatic:
enjoy the game on sunday!
it's such a pleasure to be able to see Juve in Serie A after years of suffer...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

And someone please tell me why Juve could only manage one goal against a swiss-cheese defense like that??
That's very good question.

Samp will only cause us problems if we put in another half assed performance, enough with the excuses, time for the players to show their true worth.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    Agreed, our boys need to wake up and play some real football.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    I'm expecting a massive performance from Del Piero since he only has three goals in Serie A this season, and I heard that he was dangerous against Perugia so maybe he's building up a bit of steam.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

And someone please tell me why Juve could only manage one goal against a swiss-cheese defense like that??
    I wouldn't call Perugia's defence that way. Don't forget that Perugia is one of the teams with fewest losses this season having drawn 9 games. The performance was good that's what matters; we were unable to score a second goal, but this season that attack was not our problem and in defence we proved we can get a clean sheet..now we suffered just 3 more goals than Inter.

Aug 1, 2003
    maybe hes not being pessimistic but logical?
    but well samp is definitely on form, and we're playing away right, but our players- especially del piero should be motivated enough to catch 3 points.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    hey azzurri7, im a palestinian living in lebanon, great 2 know that there is alot of support from the lebanon, most lebanese fans support juve and inter cos of ronaldo.
    about the game just like last year we will start a winning streak, in january-march out of 33 pts we got 31. its a bit ironic that that was when DP was injured, and the first game he came back we lost!

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    DP plays better when he runs more, last match he was all over the field even as deep as DM, so it was as if we had 1 striker. thats why we didnt score 2 many. Lippi needs 2 put hot pepper between DP's @ss so he'll run non-stop. ( i lived in nigeria and our coach told us thats what they did in "professional clubs")

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Sampdoria are comfortably sitting in the seventh place around the likes of Chievo and Udinese, pushing for a UEFA Cup spot for next season. We have to be careful as they are solid at home.

I hope Lippi and the guys do not concentrate solely on Bazzani though, because they are a compact side that rely on teamwork rather than individual brilliance. In fact, Bazzani is suffering from a slight injury and might not even make it.

However Novelino can rely on other players who are on top form. Flachi, Bazzani's partner upfront, is dangerous as he scored (yet another) wonder goal against Udinese, while Volpi and Diana are also dangerous when going forward. Last but certainly not least, Doni returns from suspension to add firepower to the side. In case Bazzani misses the match, Cipriani is expected to take his place as he was recently loaned from Piacenza.

Out of our injured players, I really hope Tacchi makes it this time. We clearly suffered without him. He's the sort of player that's efforts go unnoticed when playing, but when he skips a game you wonder what went wrong in that match.

Upfront it could be anyone's guess: Del Piero or Miccoli. Trezeguet or Di Vaio. But keeping in mind the Coppa matches are just around the corner, Lippi might opt for Del Piero-Treze against Samp and rest Miccoli-Di Vaio for Coppa match against Perugia.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    I don't think we'll get through this match without conceding at least one goal so our midfielders and forwards have to be at their best or very near it for us to get a result.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    Forza Juve! I hope Del Piero continues to improve-maybe a goal or two...that would be nice.....since it is an away game, I wouldn't be surprised if we conceded a goal.....I hope not....:( but even if we do, we should be able to pull away and win it ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    btw here's the preview :p

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s5077.html

Serie A Preview: Sampdoria-Juventus

BACKGROUND:

At the 'Marassi Stadium' of Genoa, Sampdoria and Juventus will face each other for the 50th time in their history. The balance sees surprisingly the blucerchiati ahead with 17 wins against Juventus' 15 victories. The match ended a total of 17 times in a draw.

The last match to be played between these two sides was on the 7th of March 1999 when the bianconeri won 2-1. The last Sampdoria win occurred 8 years ago when Chiesa led the Liguri to a 2-1 win on the 10th of December 1995.

The biggest win registered by Juventus was during the 1949/50 season when the Old Lady won 4-0. On the other hand, the home side's biggest win arrived 5 years later when in the 1954/55 season they trashed the bianconeri 5-1.

Also the number of goals scored sees Sampdoria slightly ahead of their Turin based opponents. In fact Novellino's squad scored a total of 58 goals against the 55 registered by their opponents. However, Sampdoria's coach has yet to win a game against Marcello Lippi in his career.

TEAM NEWS:

Sampdoria – Walter Novellino will have to do without the injured Valtolina and Sakic, while Bazzani's presence is still highly in doubt.

Juventus – Lippi is still without Thuram and Davids. This match should see the return to the first team of Legrottaglie alongside Ferrara in defence, while the rest of the team should be more or less the same that defeated Perugia last Tuesday.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Sampdoria (4-4-2): Antonioli; Zenoni, Conte, Falcone, Bettarini; Diana, Volpi, Donati, Doni; Marazzina, Flachi

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Birindelli, Ferrara, Legrottaglie, Zambrotta; Conte, Appiah, Maresca; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Flachi (Sampdoria): The blucerchiati forward has been in great form this season scoring some wonderful and acrobatic goals. Against a not so compact Juve defence he might be able to impress once again.

Del Piero (Juventus): Along with Nedved, he was the best player on the field last Tuesday against Perugia. Consistency has been his major flaw this season; will he be able to repeat Tuesday's performance?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

yeah it's so great :extatic:
    enjoy the game on sunday!
    it's such a pleasure to be able to see Juve in Serie A after years of suffer...
    Yeah mate!
    enjoy u 2!:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)