[SERIE A] Sampdoria - Juventus (27th September, 2008) (42 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The result itself isn't a bad one. 1 point away to Sampdoria is ok for any team in Italy. Inter also drew there and they even deserved to lose.

But the performance, the "desire" to do anything, the coaching....... this was the worst i've seen in Ranieri's time. Even if a match is fixed to end 0:0 there will be more chances than what we've seen today and such match will be more interesting to watch than these wasted 90 minutes of our lives.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I just want to bring up a couple of points because i didn't watch around 30mins from the 2nd but it looks like i didn't miss much except for a few samp chances.

Just an awful awful game from the team overall and our second rubbish performance away from home this season. The alarming thing is that Ranieri seems to have no solution or plan when we play any team that is lower than the top 4 or 5. I saw the team playing well against the top teams tactically where you could spot the manager's touches but against the lower and mid tiered teams that was lost. That sense of tactical ineptness was reiterated tonight. He talked about the scudetto, well you want to play for the top honors you have to play well against those teams and not just grind out the results.

I don't understand why he doesn't use his subs, camo was injured and he played 90 min. The full backs just didn't push up much especially grygera and that was not correct even though our wingers tucked inside a lot. We had to big forwards and couldn't deliver them one decent cross. Its just astonishing the way he just lets his team out there, when its just those little things that could enable us to beat them.

Another factor that was evident to me is that we miss zanetti. Poulsen played well on a couple of games but his deficiencies we on show tonight especially. For me Cristiano offers way more than he does and i can't wait to get him back.

The good thing as many have brought is that Melberg played well.

Max

Jul 15, 2003

Theres 33 games left but when your dropping points and playing shit every game counts if you want to win the championship,

its an excuses saying that the season just started and everyone's trying to find their groove this anit Austin Powers we don't need groove we need results.

Nice. That was clever, with the pictures and all.

I'm not looking for an excuse, frankly because I didn't expect this team to be in any position to contend for the Scudetto, and I still stand by my words. A top four finish is probably most likely, and anything higher will be a surprise to me. I think all of you are looking for a scapegoat because you were expecting too much. My advice: be realistic and be patient. Serie B was two years ago.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
Ranieri Unphased By Sampdoria Draw
Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri was not too disappointed with the 0-0 draw at Sampdoria on Saturday and he insists he's not thinking about the league standings.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us The Bianconeri huffed and puffed but they couldn't blow down the Marassi. It was an exciting game full of action with just the goals being the important element missing from the tie.

Ranieri doesn't seem phased by the result and he insists his side just need to keep their heads up and work hard.

"We tried to play our game but Samp had a great match. Both teams tried to win but without success. That was down to both defences which were excellent," said the coach after the game.

"They were covered well at the back and it was always a vibrant game until the end. The league? We are not thinking about that.

"Trezeguet? He is a great striker and his absence is being felt but I have other good players. We just have to roll up our sleeves and give our best in these difficult times.

"Mourinho? I said already that those who want respect should go in front of the cameras."

It's not looking good for Juventus as this result is their second consecutive draw in Serie A. Perhaps their minds were on the Champions League next Tuesday when they take on Bate.

FUCK HIM! EXCUSE! YOU EARN RESPECT BY WINNING THE GAME! NO INFRONT OF CAMERA! FUCK MORON!

I would sack him ASAP, if I were in charge in juve.

Just admit You are not JUVE MATERIAL!!!

Mar 9, 2006
The result itself isn't a bad one. 1 point away to Sampdoria is ok for any team in Italy. Inter also drew there and they even deserved to lose.

But the performance, the "desire" to do anything, the coaching....... this was the worst i've seen in Ranieri's time. Even if a match is fixed to end 0:0 there will be more chances than what we've seen today and such match will be more interesting to watch than these wasted 90 minutes of our lives.
Nahhhh, last season, empoli 0-0 juventus, juventus 1-1 catania etc. ...... worst games ever

Jun 13, 2007
Ranieri quotes:

"We tried to play our game but Samp had a great match. Both teams tried to win but without success. "

"They were covered well at the back and it was always a vibrant game until the end. The league? We are not thinking about that.

!
I have to agree with Ranieri's first statement, both teams tried incredibly hard to win all three points. I mean, with Sampadoria blatantly throwing men forward and creating remarkable efforts infront of goal.

While Juve on the other hand, like Sampdoria, were an attacking superpower, for the first time in nearly a decade, they have unleashed the unmerciful atcking beast that they secretly are. Creating and weaving around the Samp defense, a performance that would even make Arsenal seem like an unattractive footballing team, a pitty they didn't get their much deserved win.

I also have to agree with Ranieri's masterful descriptinof the game being "VIBRANT", it was simply mouthwatering to say the least. the multitudes of attacks and and hour and a half of free-flowing football were both incredibly entertaining.

If I had to summarize it with one sentence I would simply label the match as " The Match of The Decade".

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

The result isn't as horrible as some are making it out to be. It doesn't help, but even Inter managed only a draw here a few weeks ago.

That said, it's the performance that's really disheartening. The team played like they were thinking about their taxes out there.

Mar 28, 2007
I have to agree with Ranieri's first statement, both teams tried incredibly hard to win all three points. I mean, with Sampadoria blatantly throwing men forward and creating remarkable efforts infront of goal.

While Juve on the other hand, like Sampdoria, were an attacking superpower, for the first time in nearly a decade, they have unleashed the unmerciful atcking beast that they secretly are. Creating and weaving around the Samp defense, a performance that would even make Arsenal seem like an unattractive footballing team, a pitty they didn't get their much deserved win.

I also have to agree with Ranieri's masterful descriptinof the game being "VIBRANT", it was simply mouthwatering to say the least. the multitudes of attacks and and hour and a half of free-flowing football were both incredibly entertaining.

If I had to summarize it with one sentence I would simply label the match as " The Match of The Decade".

he knew how to talk.. but no action... he's a coach.. he job is to coach the team, analys the team etc.. his job is not talking... talking dun win a match..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juventino[RUS];1756281 said:
Nahhhh, last season, empoli 0-0 juventus, juventus 1-1 catania etc. ...... worst games ever
Empoli-Juventus, yes. But that match was played only 4 days before Inter-Juve and we were already in a comfortable position in the standings. Empoli on the other hand were risking relegation, they are a friendly club, and we played a friendly draw.
Catania-Juve 1:1 at least wasn't boring. Catania had the lead and at least we were trying to equalize. We played awful and nothing worked, but we were trying.

Today we played awful and we weren't even trying to change something. Neither the players on the pitch nor the coach.
We played the match as if 0:0 would be enough to take us to the next stage in CL. The only thing that we lacked today was a replacement where some defender would have replaced an attacker in order to keep the great result

Mar 9, 2006
Empoli-Juventus, yes. But that match was played only 4 days before Inter-Juve and we were already in a comfortable position in the standings. Empoli on the other hand were risking relegation, they are a friendly club, and we played a friendly draw.
Catania-Juve 1:1 at least wasn't boring. Catania had the lead and at least we were trying to equalize. We played awful and nothing worked, but we were trying.

Today we played awful and we weren't even trying to change something. Neither the players on the pitch nor the coach.
We played the match as if 0:0 would be enough to take us to the next stage in CL. The only thing that we lacked today was a replacement where some defender would have replaced an attacker in order to keep the great result
Your truth......:hug:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
C mon stop the drama, we werent that bad and it isnt then end of the world.
A Messiah (Giovinco) can perform miracles and save us now, no one cans.
Our chances were lost, right after the transfer period was over...
The choices we made, brought us here, we brought it to our selves,
there is no easy way out of that, no quick fixes,
the players simply cannot do any better than that, most of them did their duty today and a few days ago. There is no point blaming someone or expecting miracles from someone who didnt play...
This is the new Juve, we are an average team now and it is about time to wake up. Hope this was a reality check and ppl here will stop having those sky high expectation.
We should invest and bring n more quality players, players who could make the difference at these kind of matches,
but we preferred to bring in more average quality players instead.
That was a strategical choice and we cant do anything about it anymore,
stop expecting miracles to happen at every match.

The refs are really good this year, much better than last year
and they dont affect the results as before!
We have no more excuses, no refs against us, we have many players to replace our injured/suspended players, this is just the best we can do and you better realize that as soon as possible...

Manninger is a good reliable, solution
Grygera is more confident and is becoming more secure at his defensive duties
Mellberg is an average defender, but he is consistent and thats important, he performs no much more or less than a 6
Chiellini, needs more time to reach his old form levels
Molinaro was improved offensively, but he is still crippled tactically and leaves a great whole in our defense defensively
Camo cant be always perfect and thats why we need more quality players, when he cant deliver, but we expect from our old guard to perform miracles at each and every match
Sissoko needs more calories
Poulsen may not be impressive but he is as effective as Zanetti, (well, most of the times)
Neddy cant play every 2-3 days as a starter and be efficient too...
Amauri; is a beast, but he needs to score more and he cant resolve our creativity problems by himself, whoever thought that is clueless!
DP only proved that he can still be as good as the younger Amauri at times
and even better, but this is not enough, he need to perform miracles
and consistent...
Iaquinta, i think he could offer more in a trident

CR has no more excuses and keeps talking about Jose, to distract attention and make us feel important...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Simply put: Worst game of the season so far.

The Good

Sissoko- even though it was in the late afternoon he played a fantastic game. Cassano got no change out of him. Tried a lot but never managed to produce.

Mellberg- Possibly his best game with Juve since joining from Aston Villa. Didn't make any mistakes that i recall.

Manninger- Proving to be a very good back-up keeper and had most, if not all, Samp's shots covered. Finally a good 2nd keeper

The Bad

Camoranesi- Very bad game, nothing was working for him and was dead tired, though this was always going to be hard since he was returning from an injury, should really have been subbed off. Though as our most creative player should really have created something for us

Grygera- Seemed nervous and never got into the final third. Can't wait till Zebina returns

Molinaro- What is there to say? He was sub=par, and the few times he got into dangerous attacking positions he wasted them

The Strikers- All three did nothing, the only clear chance we had was Del Piero's post.

Ranieri- What the fuck goes on in that head of his?? 60th minute of the game all our players were suffering he didn't even think about making a sub. Camoranesi had a complete stinker yet did nothing. I was screaming at the tv for three subs: Giovinco on for Camoranesi, Iaquinta on for Del Piero or Amauri and De Ceglie for Molinaro. There are three substitutes for a reason, so when your team suffers you can help them along. Maybe someone should sit Ranieri down and explain this to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)